“Nice place for one night....” 4 of 5 stars

Edgewater Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   280 Wadsworth Ave., Pismo Beach, CA 93449   |
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Nice place for one night....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

We were driving along the coast and needed a place to stay for the night. We happened to notice this hotel and decided to stop. The rooms were spartan but comfortable for one night. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Good: Our room had a beatuiful northwest view of the ocean and we were only steps away from the beach. There was a shopping area within a block and we ate at a little cafe on the beach. Delicious seafood and friendly service.

Bad: Our bathtub leaked and there were only 2 bath towels, so we used all our smaller hand towels to prevent slipping in the water on the floor. Since we were only staying for one night, it was not worth complaining.

All in all, it was a nice place to spend the night. The beach was incredible and the breeze kept the room cool for sleeping. We never had to turn on the A/C.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Tempe, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

sure, it's outdated and a lil' rough around the edges; but look around....if you are looking for the Ritz-Carlton....keep on drivin'...lol. It's no that dirty and the beach is right there. Maybe not the best place for a honeymoon or other special occasion, but nonetheless comfortable for a night passing through.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

My husband surprised me with a trip for our fifth wedding anniversary ... and staying at this hotel offered numerous surprises - but none good!!

The only positive about this property is the location - it's right next to the beach, which is very convenient. However, the owner/management must think this is all they need.

Our room was VERY outdated - furnishings mismatched, very poorly cared for. We had a room with a ktichenette - we were afraid to use the stove/fridge due to filth and age! We happened to take Clorox wipes with us on this trip, and we used nearly the entire container! EVERYTHING WAS DIRTY! The kitchen had food everywhere, the bathroom smelled, and the sheets HAD BLOOD AND BODILY FLUID STAINS ON THEM!! Our first night there we had to sleep on top of the blanket! AND, the heater didn't work!! The next day, after two calls for maid service and finally a trip to the front desk ourselves, we got two more blankets. Even the top shelf of the closet was covered with dirt - probably hadn't been cleaned in over a year! What are they paying their maids to do??

The front desk staff during our stay was very young and seemed put-out to even be there, let alone speak to the guests or try to solve problems. We politely told our problems to one girl who said nothing - not even a simple sorry! If even the littlest thing was done to remedy our problems, we would have been ok with it - but nothing was ever done!!

At nearly $200 a night, this place is the biggest rip-off I've ever experienced in my lifetime!!! I left feeling absolutely robbed!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Santa Maria CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

Excellent staff, clean rooms, pool was hot, best location for the money! You can walk everywhere from here. Got really good restaurant recommendations from the front desk and excellent directions too. a good place, will come back!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

This motel was so gross the only good thing was walking distance to the beach. I cannot begin to tell you about room number 139 disgusting we should have gotten our money back but i guess since we had to stay there don't think we didnt call around.
The bedding was so gross i felt dirty just being in the room is stunk so bad good thing i brought some lysol spray and i am not kidding. I will never stay there again it needs alot of cleaning and upgrades we couldnt even watch t.v. because the picture was to fuzzy and it had no internet. The kitchen table was so gross. All in all if you want a dirty room and don't care by all means stay there.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
West Covina, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

They've tried to update some of it: the kitchenette in our suite was new and nicely done, a couple of cabinets were new, the a/c looked new, but there are plenty of things that still need work. Our bathroom was in serious need of updating, the doors inside our suite stuck like crazy, and one of the light fixtures was broken (not the bulb, the fixture). It's not terrible, just a bit old and used.
The up-side is that it's just a walk across the parking lot to the beach. Way cool, that. Also, it's very close to restaurants and such downtown.
If we could find another hotel with as good a location in the same price range, we'd give it a try. If not, then we would likely stay here again.

• Liked — Proximity to beach/pier
  • Disliked — A bit old and dated
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2008

I really have to say that the front desk clerk was extremely friendly and professional. I booked directly with the hotel for a last minute family getaway. It was the only place that did not require a 2 night minimum for this particular weekend... so I thought great! but not really, the main problems at this place... absolutely no ventilation in the room! Even after opening the windows it was the most hot and uncomfortable night of my life. I could hear people laughing and screaming through 3am in the pool, but who could blame them? It was a hot weekend and they probably had no air in their room as well. The other issue was the bedding smelled horrible.... good thing it was too hot to use blankets, I just put my towels on top and we slept like that...but either way they obviously needed to be washed. The last issue I have but cannot fully confirm is that I think I found rat droppings by the bed the next morning. Unless they were old raisins or something... it didn't look appealing either way. I do have to say that the convenience of being adjacent to the beach and the view was absolutely wonderful, but would I stay there again? No I don't think so. I have 3 small children and those issues are not acceptable to me. I plan to check out the other locations adjacent to the beach. For me, this place definitely needs some improvements. I made no complaints while I was there (perhaps a mistake)... but I'm just one who will take the experience and not return. I also felt the need to share these concerns with other families who have small children. Also if it makes a difference I was on the 3rd floor.

• Liked — adjacent to the beach
  • Disliked — no ventilation; unclean bedding
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Edgewater Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!