“Simple and Efficient” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 28 hotels in Pismo Beach
san diego
“Simple and Efficient”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel is a great place on the beach. It is nothing special, but it is simple, efficient and clean. The beds are not the most comfortable, but they are clean. The showers are not the best, but they have hot water. The best place at the hotel is the pool, or the rooftop place for breakfast. With the regular horrible weather in Pismo, it is a good thing that the pool is blocked from the wind. Some years the pool is heated, and other years it is not, Management if you are reading this, you should always heat the pool!
If you are arriving to the hotel after midnight, triple check with the hotel that they are aware. Last year my parents tried to check in for my husband and I since we were going to arrive late and they said that everything was fine. When we arrived there after midnight, they had sold our room and we had to sleep on cots in my parents room. Definitely not the most enjoyable night sleep, for anyone involved. The next morning I went to the lobby prepared to battle with the front desk and then they just comped the room for the next night without having to fight at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
EdgewaterInnSuites, Public Relations Manager at Edgewater Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Alykeany,
Thank you for writing a review. You said the last time you stayed with us was in August of 2012. A lot has changed since then. Most people come to Pismo to enjoy the wonderful weather, we’re sorry the weather hasn’t been that great every time you’ve been to Pismo. Our pool and spa are always heated, and if for some reason it doesn’t seem as hot as you’d like, please let our front desk staff know so we can fix it immediately. We have new euro-top beds and a brand new state of the art spa. We’d like to invite you to stay with us again to see all of the changes we have made.

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Cozy, Comfortable, Clean.
Those three words pretty well describe our room. The added bonus was a view of the beach! The employees at the check in office were very pleasant and professional. We will definitely stay at Edgewater Inn on our next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a view of the beach from the balcony.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
EdgewaterInnSuites, Public Relations Manager at Edgewater Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Stevenp,

Thank you very much for your lovely review! I am so glad you found "the perfect place" here in Pismo! I look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town.
Alameda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

What do you expect for this price? Rooms go for around $100 on weekends and much less on weekdays. You are almost on the beach and minutes from restaurants and shops in town. Walk down a flight of stairs to the sandy beach, soak in the spa or swim in heated pool facing the ocean, or hear the sound of waves at night. Rooms are somewhat dated, but comes with a microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, mini frig. and a flat screen t.v. Nothing special about breakfast, just oj, coffee, tea, hot chocolate mix, and some ordinary muffins.

Room Tip: If you want an ocean view, get a room on second floor facing ocean or pay extra for a balcony room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
EdgewaterInnSuites, Public Relations Manager at Edgewater Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Elaine505,
I appreciate you taking the time to write this review and I appreciate your feedback. Thank you! I’m glad you seemed to really value all of our amenities. We are constantly upgrading and trying to improve to provide guests with the best Pismo experience possible. It seems like you had a relaxing and enjoyable time. I’m thrilled to have you as a returning guest and I look forward to seeing you again.
Tulare, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here one night on New Years Eve. It was walking distance to downtown. The best part is how close to the beach you are and the easy access. The room was clean and had a fridge and microwave. Great quality for the price we paid.

Room Tip: We stayed in 446 on the lower ground and had an ocean view when looking out the window
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DL4ME,
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking a moment to write this review, I’m sure others will value your input just as much as I do. All of our guests really seem to appreciate the easy beach access, as well the proximity to downtown. Why pay for parking when you can just leave your car at the hotel and take a nice stroll downtown? I’m glad you found use of the fridge and microwave during your stay. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

How can you complain when your room is steps from the beach? This hotel is not fancy, but it was clean. Beware that there is not really a "continental breakfast." Some coffee and a few muffins was all. The cookies in the afternoon were really good though. We got a King size room for $89. I must admit after staying the previous night at the Inn at Morro Bay, there was no comparison of the quality of the rooms, but it was ok. I may check around for other hotels to see if I can find just a little better quality for a similar price.

Room Tip: We were too near the pool, but the noise wasn't too bad. I like to be able to open the windows...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
EdgewaterInnSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Raiderkev,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate your feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel. I’m sorry the fresh baked muffins, orange juice, coffee and tea were not what you were expecting. I am glad you enjoyed our fresh baked cookies- everyone seems to love that special treat! You may be interested to learn that we are consistently upgrading our rooms and amenities, so the quality of our hotel will be constantly improving. I do hope to see you again in the future.
Exeter, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and keep going back. The price is reasonable for being so close to the beach, pier, shopping and restaurants. Staff was exceptionally friendly this trip. Room was clean and quiet. We had a relaxing time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
EdgewaterInnSuites, General Manager at Edgewater Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and the amenities our hotel has to offer. We appreciate your continued business and look forward to your future vacations with us.
CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

In town for a 1/2 marathon, and I tried to book elsewhere, but EVERYTHING was booked! Room was small, there were loud partiers right outside our door, and it was very outdated. Next time I'll choose to drive down the morning of the race if I can't find a room. Leaving town at 4:30 am would be better than staying at the Edgewater again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
EdgewaterInnSuites, General Manager at Edgewater Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your review about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We try our best to ensure that each of our guests stay is enjoyable and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I hope you would reconsider us the next time your in Pismo Beach.

Been to Edgewater Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!