“Below Average” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
CA
“Below Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

In town for a 1/2 marathon, and I tried to book elsewhere, but EVERYTHING was booked! Room was small, there were loud partiers right outside our door, and it was very outdated. Next time I'll choose to drive down the morning of the race if I can't find a room. Leaving town at 4:30 am would be better than staying at the Edgewater again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
EdgewaterInnSuites, General Manager at Edgewater Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your review about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We try our best to ensure that each of our guests stay is enjoyable and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I hope you would reconsider us the next time your in Pismo Beach.

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Outdated, poorly maintained. Location is near, but not on the beach. Highway noise. We were in town for a 1/2 marathon and requested a late check out, due to not being able to get back to the hotel from the race in San Luis Obispo until about noon. Despite 3 requests for a few extra minutes to allow us to shower before our 4 hour drive home, they refused to accommodate us. Seemed very unreasonable considering it was a Sunday in October (not tourist season) and their check-in time for arrivals is not until 4 PM.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
EdgewaterInnSuites, General Manager at Edgewater Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. I do apologize that we did not provide excellent customer service and did not meet your expectations. We try our best to accommodate all requests for a late check out and unfortunately there are times when we are not able to. I hope in the future you would reconsider us, I'd be happy to personally assist you.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was conviently located @ beach front & short walk to local highlights. Drawback is that it's an older outdated hotel. The "ocean view" sales pitch is just that a pitch. If you want that view you'd have step outside & turn west to get that "ocean view". If you're looking for the "ocean view" go next door to the sea gypsie. They have rooms w/ back sliding doors that open w/ full ocean view.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad to read you were able to enjoy our location, being able to walk to the beach or Downtown area is one of best amenities. I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations regarding our Northern Coastal view and we appreciate your feedback.
cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I intended to stay in this motel for one night but we stayed for three instead. The motel is excellent value and situated right on the beach. Rooms are clean and comfortable, with complimentary coffee and muffins every morning. I must pay special mention to the staff who were most helpful and welcoming to us [you were brillant and part of the reason we stayed on]. Pismo Beach is beautiful and we have noted it for our next visit to California.
Keep up the good work.....

Room Tip: enjoy the pool, we had it to ourselves
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
EdgewaterInnSuites, General Manager at Edgewater Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you were able to experience the great customer service our staff provides. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Clovis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This motel is nice and close to the beach. Yes the decor is a little dated but the room was clean and the staff very nice. It is a short walk to the pier and they are dog friendly. Stay of the third floor with a high room number for the best view.

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor, ocean view higher the room number the better.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
EdgewaterInnSuites, General Manager at Edgewater Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your review about our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your future vacations with us.
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

My wife and i lived 2 blocks from this hotel for two years. Its just like coming home to the pismo we left when visiting this hotel. The motorcycles, the tourists, the rowdy neighbors. These cant be negatives when you are visiting a touristy beach town. This location lets you see the sunset, the fog rolling in, you can hear the ocean and smell the air. This hotel IS just what living by the ocean in pismo beach is all about. Embrace it all.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, Pismo Beach is a unique town and I am glad you were able to embrace everything it has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again.
Montclair, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Well, my wife and I have stayed in numerous Hotels here on the central coast. This is our first time at the Edgewater. Overall, it's not a bad place to stay at all. Check-in was easy, and our room ended up being 10.00 less. The room (#143) was actually clean and nice. The only thing I didn't care for was that it was close to the pool. We got here on a Sunday, so there were people at the pool. That's normal..:)
However, I could hear my neighbors right outside talking. Not crazy about that as I'm a rather private person.
My only "beef" per se was with the bathroom exhaust fan. With it being a rather small room, it's essential for that exhaust fan to work properly. On a scale of 1 to 10 for the fan I'd give it a 1.
So, would we stay here again? Maybe. I'm honestly not sure. Maybe if we were in a different room. We were afforded the opportunity to see the room first, and that was great. Overall I think you'll enjoy your stay.

• Stayed September 2012
EdgewaterInnSuites, General Manager at Edgewater Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for your review about our hotel. We appreciate your feedback regarding the exhaust fan in the restroom. We have many different room types, some with beautiful Northern Coastal views that I'm sure you will enjoy. We hope you will consider us for your future stays in Pismo Beach.

Been to Edgewater Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!