“Summer love” 4 of 5 stars

The Cliffs Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2757 Shell Beach Rd, Pismo Beach, CA 93449   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Summer love”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Me n my bf both went out there last year or the first time in August and the experience I'm this hotel is the reason why we come back, we got the deal from groupon and we loved it the staff was really nice the lobby is beautiful the location is good patio view is ocean front I loved it

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
The_Cliffs_Resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Camila N ~ I'm so glad you've enjoyed your stays with us and continue to come back. We hope to see you again before next summer!
Take care, Stephanie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Our rooms were pool/ocean view rooms on 3rd floor, very noisy rooms, tons of yelling kids adults, and barking dogs. Must keep patio door closed if you want to block out some of the noise, asked to move rooms to other side with ocean view but nothing available. Not the relaxing peaceful weekend we had hoped for.

• Stayed July 2014
Melissa L ~ I'm so sorry that you didn't have the peaceful getaway you were looking for. As a family friendly hotel, our pool does have a lot of activity in the summer. Although the Ocean/Pool view rooms offer a nice view, they do overlook this activity. Please contact me if I can help you with a future, quieter stay now that summer is winding down. We can find the perfect room for you and would love a chance to offer you the relaxing stay you were looking for.
Thank you, Stephanie stephanie@cliffsresort.com
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

THis was a stop en route to Carmel . Nice clean and well proportioned rooms . Staff were great especially the valet parking staff .

Nice pool but a bit crowded. We used this location as a stop , probably not stay there again .

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
The_Cliffs_Resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Ovonarx ~ I'm glad you found us to be a convenient stop on your trip north, and that you were well taken care of by our staff.
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

You can never go wrong in wine county especially if you stay at The Cliffs Resort in Pismo Beach. It is centrally located, minutes from the white sands of Pismo State Beach or wine country to the north. The food is five star and the view is incredible. Staff is very helpful and the spa is great. It is really a hidden gem. Discover the tranquility of the ocean view, the access to white sands and short trip to beautiful wine country.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
The_Cliffs_Resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
sctrstlrd, A "hidden jem" ~ thank you!
We're honored to be a part of your summer getaway, I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and restaurant. You are right, we are fortunate to be surrounded by great wine country as well, to the north and south. We have maps of the wineries at the Front Desk if we can help you find some new favorites!
Take care, we hope to see you again soon, Stephanie
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one night while traveling south on PCH and the only regret we had was we were not staying here longer.The check in was quick and efficient and the room was average size bright and clean.The only draw back was there was no safe in the room which we found unusual.We ate in the bar/restaurant on the patio area overlooking the sea and the coastline,absolutely beautiful.The food was very nice and the service attentive and professional.The hotel itself is modern and bright and all the staff are very friendly.We would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a sea view, the hotel has stunning sea and coastline views.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dec2011 ~ I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could be a part of your California coastal tour. While we do not provide a safe in the room, we have safety deposit boxes accessible through our Front Desk, I'm sorry that wasn't made clear to you. Hopefully you can stay a litle longer on your next trip and soak up the view!
southern california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and I just got back from staying at the resort for 4 nights. We were there for an convention. We stayed in a king room with a partial ocean view, with a balcony. I loved our location as it was quiet and facing a field and the ocean which was nice. Our bed was very comfortable and the room was modern and clean. Only one very small complaint that there was no safe in the room, but that was remedied by Kevin at the front desk by providing us a free safety deposit box. The deposit box was located right next door to the lobby desk. Easy to get to. The room did have a hair dryer, and a small coffee maker and small refrigerator.
We experienced the spa by having a couples massage. We opted for the relaxing one. Clay was the person that worked on me, and he was gentle, professional and very polite. My husband and I both left the massages relaxed and renewed.
There is a great walk way behind the hotel, it’s an easy walk to other hotels and other restaurants. There are also stairs off the walkway where you can walk down to the beach. We walked down to the beach and enjoyed the tide pools.

The hotel is situated above the beach, so in order to get to the beach you have to walk down quite a few steps, but its a nice beach once you get down there.
We had drinks and snacks, wonderful nachos by the pool. Food was good at the pool, but service was a bit spoty.
We also had wine in their bar but were disappointed on how long it took to get service. But to our delight once the person came and took our order his attention to service and his knowledge of wine was delightful.
We also experienced Sunday brunch, which was great. We both enjoyed the chef made choose your ingredients omelets. They also had the nice array of fresh fruit, Danish, bagel, toast etc. they also served a very tasty poached salmon which I had on a toasted bagel. And of course sausage, eggs, bacon .
We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel and would highly recommend it. Everyone we dealt with had a great attitude and really went out of their way to help. I really was most impressed by the staff at check in and lobby area. Any time I came in to ask a question, get into the safety deposit box, check in or out they were just so polite, professional and helpful.

Room Tip: We had a higher floor, king partial ocean view and that was quieter. It was a bit far from the pool...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
diamondfairy ~ It sounds like you had a chance to experience almost everything our hotel has to offer, and I'm glad to hear how much you enjoyed it! I am thrilled at how impressed you were with our staff, as taking care of our guests is our ultimate goal! We hope to see you again soon for another convention, a vacation or both. By the way, I love your photo of our tidepools!
Gilroy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our 5 year anniversary. This is the first time we have gone anywhere without our kids in 4 years, so we were excited to stay at a beautiful property.
We had a partial ocean/pool view. We could clearly see the ocean, it was beautiful. Facing the pool is very loud though. I think I would request a different location next time. The room itself was ok. Nice, but not a 4 star rating. The bed wasn't very comfortable.
There is a beautiful bar area at this resort. All of the bartenders were extremely attentive.
We stayed Thurs-Sat. At 5:15am on Friday morning, the fire alarm went off. No fire existed, but it was quite the way to wake up. All the hotel guests waited outside for it to be turned off. After 20 min, it was finally turned off and we were able to go back to our rooms. We have 2 small children... Sleeping in was something I looked forward to, but the alarm foiled that plan.
There were no apologies... No offering anything. We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant (it's not worth the money. Standard, at best), and had to pay for it. We were woken up at 5:15... The least they could have done would be to pay for our breakfast. Very disappointing.
We will not be staying here again. It's not worth the money for the service we received. I couldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014
Kylieaga ~ Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and let me first apologize for your early morning disturbance. As a mother of 2 young boys, I understand how much you were looking forward to relaxing and sleeping in. As you mentioned, the ocean/pool view rooms overlook our pool and the noise that can accompany that, the partial ocean view rooms (across the hall) provide a quieter stay with a serene view up the coast. We would love another chance to provide you with the stay you were hoping for, whether it is with your husband or the whole family. Please contact me if I can help arrange that. stephanie@cliffsresort.com

Been to The Cliffs Resort? Share your experiences!