“Pet Friendly Rooms!” 5 of 5 stars

The Cliffs Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2757 Shell Beach Rd, Pismo Beach, CA 93449   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #13 of 28 hotels in Pismo Beach
Goleta
“Pet Friendly Rooms!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I had never brought my dogs along to a resort to stay before. It meant a lot to me that the staff were incredibly welcoming to my dogs. At check in I was offered dog bowls and a doggie bed, but I had brought our own. I was glad to see many other well behaved dogs at the resort as well. There were convenient doggie pick-up bags available. Walks with my dogs were lovely. I worried that my dog might bark or cause other issues. My dogs felt and home and were comfortable in the room and in the surroundings. They were quiet as were the other pooches in the hotel. I would miss them if I came alone and I truly enjoyed having them along. I look forward to coming again!

Room Tip: Pet friendly rooms would also be great for surfers or beach goers.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
DMcClureDVM ~ I'm so glad that you and your pups enjoyed your getaway. Next time feel free to leave their gear at home, we try to provide amenities that will make you and your dogs comfy during your stay. It looks like you were able to enjoy the beach below our hotel as well, your photos are stunning!
We look forward to your next stay with us, Stephanie

587 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Kandahar, Kandahar, Afghanistan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

These guys host a really great Sunday Brunch. Mimosas, eggs, potatoes, fruit, you name it. Eating outside is amazing w the view of the ocean. If you have kids you can over see the pool from seating on the north side.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Art M ~ I'm so glad you had a chance to relax on the patio and enjoy our Sunday Brunch. Chef Gregg, Chef Jose, and Hannah all have fun with it and enjoy spotlighting some of their favorites at Brunch. I hope you are back in our area soon, we'll save a table for you!
Stephanie
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I purchased a Groupon for a room with pool/ocean view, and when we were shown the room we decided we didn't really want to look down on the pool filled with happy (somewhat noisy) children SO we asked for (and paid for) an upgrade to a BEAUTIFUL room with a marble bath, and a stunning balcony view of the ocean. We watched the sets roll in, drank wine on the balcony and thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Cliffs. We were especially lucky because the weather was amazing. The staff was friendly, tho I was surprised that the hallways seemed to be in the midst of wallpapering (perhaps that was the reason for offering Groupons?) Self parking seems to fill up and can also be a bit challenging for large vehicles.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
barbara m ~ what a great stay, I'm so glad you enjoyed yourselves! Our Ocean/Pool view rooms offer a great ocean view, but as you say they overlook the pool which at times can get busy. It sounds like the suite you upgraded to was perfect for your getaway!
We look forward to seeing you again soon, Stephanie
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed at The Cliffs, Pismo Beach,

Very nice hotel. Staff friendly, Rooms very clean and nice. Valet was great
Had great views of pool and spa from small balcony. Enough room to sit and enjoy.
Restaurant with a large patio was nice.
A really nice ocean front walkway connecting the other 2 hotels/restaurants/bars was really great
All three hotels have an oceanfront restaurant/bar.
My only con is the outdoor hot tub by the pool had the old style jets that point straight up the wall of the hot tub and really does no good and is loud. Others in the hot tub felt the same way.
All in all nice place

Room Tip: Go to the deli down the street. Very good
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
rackman0000 ~ Thank you for your review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you had a chance to relax and explore the area as well. We also love DePalo & Sons, the deli down the road!
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We chose this hotel because of its oceanfront location and the dramatic sunset images we drooled over on the hotel's website. Unfortunately, we had some bad timing because all we saw was an ocean of fog. Overall, it was a clean, comfortable stay.

ROOMS: We booked two rooms. The first was on the 5th floor (top) with a view out to the highway. It wasn't noisy, but the view of the parking lot wasn't too spectacular. We had a nice fireplace in the room, but when we turned it on it smelled a bit gassy and made creaking sounds. The second room was a partial ocean view. Again, all we could see was fog. The rooms weren't anything fancy, but they were large and comfortable and I miss that comfy bed to this day. On the down side, there was hard flooring in the hallways outside the room doors that were quite loud when suitcases rolled over them.

SERVICE: The service was pretty good overall. The front desk receptionist made us feel like we had her full attention when we were checking in. She was patient and professional despite the phone ringing, a small line building up behind us, and some malfunctioning computer systems. Great job! We had trouble communicating with some of the housekeeping staff though. The first one didn't understand English, and the second one gave a less than friendly look when I asked for a replacement coffee machine because ours wasn't working.

AMENITIES: We didn't have much time to check out the restaurants or the gym, but the pool looked really nice. I've made a mental note to go back in the summer time.

LOCATION: Again, a fantastic oceanfront location that we couldn't see with all the fog. But I'm sure on a nice sunny day, the view would be spectacular. The highway is a stone's throw away, so pretty easy to access.

FOOD: Didn't try, but wish we did!

Room Tip: The entry level rooms face the parking lot and highway even though the hotel calls them mountain vie...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
wangderlust ~ I'm so sorry you missed the ocean views and sunset this trip! From your photos, it looks like you were here for one of our rare days of actually being socked in! The best times to avoid the fog for your next visit, are spring and fall (and our pool is heated, so you can even use it in the fog). I'm glad to hear that you found the bed so comfy and felt well taken care of by the front desk. If you need assistance with anything, they are the place to go!
We look forward to your next (fogfree) visit!
Fairfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

The Cliffs Resort is very clean and the grounds and view of the ocean are beautiful. Every employee that we encountered from check in to check out was very friendly and always started a conversation with you. The rooms were very pretty and clean and quiet. We were there for a long holiday weekend so the hotel was fully booked. We did go to the bar one evening and had drinks and soup, both were very good. Would like to return when it is not a holiday and a little less busy. Also, the weather the weekend that we were there was around 80 degrees. I loved seeing all the dogs, as they are welcome at The Cliffs Resort. I would love to bring mine if he wasn't so nervous all the time. Will certainly be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
cliffs_resort, Manager at The Cliffs Resort, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
tron2 ~ Thank you for your kind review, I'm so glad you enjoyed your weekend with us! We would love to have you back at a quieter time when you can bring your pup. Maybe long walks on our beach, serene ocean views and stunning sunsets will help ease his nervousness!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We checking in on Friday February 14th. The hotel is very well located. The front desk staff and everyone was very nice, friendly and helpful. The room was good size and very nicely appointed. Clean and comfortable. We stayed 3 nights. The restaurant and bar on the property were very nice. Quite large outside patio area off the bar area. The weather was great. Pool and spa was great. Nice walk down to the beach. Great place, we will come again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Tron4 ~ I'm so glad you had a chance to explore our property and great weather to enjoy it.
We look forward to seeing you again soon, Stephanie

Been to The Cliffs Resort? Share your experiences!