I took my wife here for our anniversary. When calling them I had mentioned why I was booking and upon arrival we found a bottle of wine in our room waiting for us....chilled. I booked a pool/ocean view room.
Our room overlooked the pool area and the ocean, but was more on the north end wing. This side gets less direct sunlight than the wing of rooms parallel to the beach. We were on the lowest level and probably would have preferred being on the upper level, but in truth the room and location was fine. All the rooms have patios with two chairs. The bed was very comfortable, however we did find the bathroom to be a little on the small size....more to the liking of European bathrooms. The shower was great....lots of water pressure and the lighting was perfect. My wife had no problem putting on her makeup.
I was a little surprised to find that they did not have an in-room safe....could have used that. Seating was adequate, comfortable wing chair with ottoman along with a short sofa.
I did find it a little noisy around the pool area at night, (sound carries a long way due to the winged layout of the rooms around the pool, but they close the pool down at 10:00 and by 10:05 it becomes very quiet.
The food in their restaurant is very good. We pre-purchased buffet coupons for the two nights we were there and was pleased that we did. Think this is your best value. Plenty to eat with a omelet bar.....made the way you want them. Bacon and Sausage was very good, along with fruit, cereals, mini-bagels, smoke salmon and lots of awesome muffins, etc.. Plenty to eat and many choices for everyone and the food is good. Oh....coffee and juices come with this as well. Think when you purchase the buffet certificate when making reservations it comes out to about $10.00 per person per day, but you should double check with the reservations clerk.
The hotel resort fee charges include valet parking. The guys are great and you can call from your room and within a minute, or two the car is waiting for you down stairs. The guys are always friendly and courteous.
We will certainly return to this cliff side resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront full-service resort with sweeping ocean views, beautifully located 100 feet above Shell & Pismo Beaches. Deluxe guest rooms with private balcony and mountain, pool or ocean views. Complimentary Friday night wine and cheese reception and Kids Club seasonally. Heated, outdoor oceanfront pool, Spa services and 24-hour fitness center. Full service restaurant with room service, focusing on fresh, local produce and providers, as well as an oceanfront lounge with Happy Hour specials Monday through Friday. Live music select days throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Cliffs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliffs Hotel Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Hotel Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Resort Pismo Beach
- Cliffs Pismo Beach
- Pismo Beach Cliff Resort