I found the property to be very well kept, especially since it's right on the water with lots birds around & an ocean view. The beds were comfortable and there was a microwave & fridge in the nice clean room, My only complaint in regard to the cleanliness was that the glasses with the cardboard type covers on them which suggest they've been cleaned almost to the point of sterile, were upon a closer look, just scummy dirty. The one I was about to drink from had sticky stuff all over the sides and inside bottom of it, it was truly nauseating. I recently saw a TV show about how these glasses are merely wiped out by the house-cleaning staff, not sanitized and saw how true this is firsthand.
The free breakfast was not even possible our first morning, it was so beyond capacity in the very small breakfast room. We were disappointed with the small selection of options, not even a banana in the fruit selection of oranges & apples. There was only one toaster and the bread selection was meager as well and the single pancake maker had a line one couldn't even find the end to. We decided on a bolied egg and a cup of coffee we could leave with since there was not a seat to be had and it was a weekday. As we approached the two coffee urns with our empty cups, one of the staff grabbed them both to refill them without so much as a word of explanation to us. We waited and she returned with what was a really good coffee which we got a cup of and removed ourselves from the claustrophobicly crowded room.
Overall the stay was pleasant but we were in a ground floor room with noisy folks above us and I have to say honestly if I came back here I'd request a second floor room next time and ask them if they'd spiffed up their breakfast offerings and moved to a bigger space to accomodate their clientele.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Hotel
- Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Hotel Pismo Beach
- Best Western Pismo Beach
- Pismo Beach Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched atop the cliffs in Pismo Beach, 90 feet above the Pacific Ocean, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Shore Cliff Lodge features a beautiful newly renovated oceanfront location. Boasting private balconies or patios from every room to enjoy the panoramic views, the Shore Cliff Lodge offers travelers the ideal Pismo Beach location. Enjoy the largest oceanfront heated pool in Pismo Beach, spa services, complimentary expanded continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, Best Western, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Shore Cliff Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.