“Awesome Stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Tides Oceanview Inn and Cottages

You added The Tides Oceanview Inn and Cottages to your Saves list
The Tides Oceanview Inn and Cottages
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2121 Price Street, Pismo Beach, CA 93449 (Formerly The Tides Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Madera, California
“Awesome Stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

From the moment we arrived we were treated like special guests. Small issues were attended to immediately and the staff was amazing. Thank you Jason the property manager for taking care of us. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room further from the highway.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As described in other reviews...a true gem! Great location, very inexpensive...An older property that has been nicely freshened up by the new owners, very clean!!! And friendly service. Perfect getaway spot! Seems to be a "family friendly" property as well.

Room Tip: room 210 BEST view!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed the night a couple of weeks ago after finding the Tides on Trip Advisor. I called for a reservation and asked if all the rooms had been remodeled and was told they were. I asked for an upstairs room which I was told we had. When we arrived we were greeted and checked in by a very pleasant lady and the manager. It was a very warm and sunny day and when we entered the room it was very warm and stuffy. It also smelled of new carpet and paint. I immediately tried to open the windows, but they were painted shut. I asked the manager if he could help us and he was able to get two of the windows part way open. However, the bathroom window was screwed shut and there was not fan in there, so that was not good. He informed us that the new owners were putting in new windows and he brought us a box fan.

Plus: Clean and newly renovated rooms, great view of the ocean, great location.
Minus: Windows didn't open, no ventilation in the bathroom, now towel bars or hooks for the towels, no bedside lamps, no chairs or bench in the room to sit. There is a desk, but no chair? The night stand blocked the closet door, so you couldn't actually use the closet. No privacy curtains on the windows. All the rooms have blinds on the very large windows which allow you to see directly into the rooms if you have them even halfway open to take advantage of the view.The stairs to the beach were closed.

I spoke with a different lady at the desk the next morning and asked about the renovations. She said the new owners planned to completely redo the outside as well as the room remodels. Hopefully, they will take in to count the recent reviews and pay closer attention to details. At $100+ a night I would expect at least to be able to hang up a towel and turn on a lamp at night. A ceiling fan would make a great improvement on warm days with no AC.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room if you want a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Covina, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

The young lady that checked us in was pleasnt . Then we got to the room. Dirty tile carpet, loose headboards .They were not screwed into the frame. The best part was on a beautiful 80 degree day with a great ocean breeze we find we cannt open a window. They are all painted shut.Stuffy / hot . No a/c & no ceiling fan.We were givin a box fan to use but please. We left w/o staying the night. My family and I visit Pismo several times a year and will not stay here again . I cant believe previous reviews didnot mention this problem .

Room Tip: Spend yor money somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Jason G, General Manager at The Tides Oceanview Inn and Cottages, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for choosing the Tides Inn and Cottages in Pismo Beach. We do apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. Our team listens carefully to all feedback so that may continue to improve and provide our guests with the very best hospitality experience. Please contact me directly so that I may fully address your concerns. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future. –Jason Gentry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2015

I could tell this hotel recently went through a remodeling process. The beds and carpets were new. The rooms were relatively large. There was a Keurig coffee maker in our room. These things make great coffee. The view of the ocean from our window was amazing. Looking at this hotel from the street is kind of deceptive the way it's hidden. Don't let that fool you though. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel. The price was right. I feel like we got quite a bit of room for the price we paid.
We both had a very good night's sleep at this hotel. The beds are very comfortable. I think we met the manager the first morning we were there. I believe hhis name was Jason. He was a really nice guy and possessed a great deal of knowledge about the Central Coast. His suggestions helped us to navigate the area like we were locals. I just love visiting this area and now that I found this hotel I know exactly where I will be booking a room when we return next year.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for making us your getaway hotel! We have added the small touches which make all of our guests feel welcome. We definitely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience with us and with our guests. Jason Gentry General Manager.
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2015 via mobile

Yes the work was still being carried out but still a good motel and good value. There was an issue with our bill we didnt notice at the time, contacted them when we got home and the money was refunded within two hours of writing so great service. Once they iron out the renovation glitches it will be a top motel. Would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed December 2014
Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We sincerely apologize for our billing mistake. Our staff believes customer service is a big part of exceeding our guests’ expectations. I am personally happy to hear of your experience and we will continue to work hard to make sure we provide the same great service and care to our future guests.
San Luis Obispo County, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2015

New owners took over early December and are updating this "mom 'n pop" motel with a great location on the cliffs above Pismo Beach. Note: you can not get to the beach from property, stairway needs to be rebuilt. I live locally but wanted a place to stay NY Eve close to the dance party I was attending. With AAA discount, I paid $84 for a room with no view, which I feel was too high for what I got. No bedside reading lamp, no towel bars (what to do with wet towels?), new LG tv, but channel selector did not work, only got CBS. Wifi was down depending on the weather, so they said. I've gotten a better room at the Motel 6 a few months ago for much less. Oh, and the walls are paper thin, seriously. Obviously the reno is light weight--plus the new toilets are for for kids, 14" high. Someone wasn't thinking this through. Doubt they have a handicap room available.

Room Tip: I'd give them another month before staying there while they continue with updates.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. Our staff apologizes for not meeting your expectations. Please contact me directly so we may discuss your stay and that I may resolve your concerns to your complete satisfaction. Jason Gentry General Manager 805-773-2493

Been to The Tides Oceanview Inn and Cottages? Share your experiences!