This property was formerly the Mission Inn and became a Hilton Garden Inn about a year and a half ago. There have been some renovations, but the layout remains essentially the same. Built into a hill, the lodging offers rooms on four floors with an elevator for access. The hotel is right off Highway 101 (4th Street exit going north), but we never heard traffic noise in the lobby or in our room.
We stayed for three nights during the long Thanksgiving weekend and had reserved a standard room with a king bed. Our huge corner room proved to be extremely clean with a large, flat-screen TV that had lots of channels, a refrigerator and a microwave. The comfortable bed allowed us to get a good night's sleep.Though we overlooked the parking lot, we could also see the ocean in the distance. I peeped into some other standard rooms during our stay and they were considerably smaller than the one we had.
Free popcorn and delicious cookies are available in the lobby. Folks at the reception desk were always friendly and helpful. There is a small fitness center and a large heated outside pool.
Unlike the Mission Inn, however, the Hilton Garden Inn did not serve a free breakfast. Instead, a hot buffet was available that cost $12.95 for adults and $7.95 for children. We eat very little for breakfast so we went out each morning to look for food. There is a Starbucks across Highway 101 as well as a Denny's and a Coco's. In Pismo Beach itself, there are several places that serve breakfast at a reasonable price. For those who like to shop, there is also a Premium Outlets mall across Highway 101.
If you want to spend time at the beach itself, it is 1.7 miles -- a quick drive -- from the hotel to the pier. This, of course, is not as convenient as staying at a beachside accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 120 spacious rooms and suites, the Hilton Garden Inn Pismo beach is your new Central Coast vacation headquarters. Amenities include the Great American Grill restaurant serving breakfast and dinner, room service, Pavilion Lounge, free wireless and hard-wired internet access, pool, spa, business center, Pavilion Market serving snacks and beverages, a fitness center, a guest laundry, and over 1,600 square feet of meeting and banquet space. Close to great restaurants and the Pismo Prime Outlets, and only minutes from the beach, the Oceano Dunes, wineries, golf courses and quaint coastal towns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach Hotel Pismo Beach
- Mission Hotel Pismo Beach
- Mission Pismo Beach