“Feel like ROYALTY on the Central Coast” 5 of 5 stars

Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2727 Shell Beach Road, Pismo Beach, CA 93449   |
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Feel like ROYALTY on the Central Coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

A group of girlfriends and I decided to stay at Dolphin Bay. We are so happy we decided to spend our girls weekend at this resort. My experience began when I first called to book and Lisa Carnes, the manager answered. She took time to make sure I had every question answered and booked us the perfect vacation. I have to say, her hospitality followed us throughout our entire stay. The suite was spacious, sparkling clean and equipped with every item or utensil our "foodie" group could possibly think to use. The pool was perfect as we looked at the ocean horizon. The restaurant staff was very attentive and brought us any food or beverage we could think of while lounging pool side. We had massages at the spa and the facility and services were divine. The valet service and bellhop made our transitions both arriving and departing from the hotel a seamless and stressless event. I will definitely be staying here anytime I want to stay on the central coast.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Erica C, Manager at Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Greetings Candice C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent girls weekend to Dolphin Bay. We pride ourselves on the service we provide so we could not be more pleased to hear how attentive our staff was through out your entire stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities your spacious suite had to offer and that you were able to enjoy the pool and look at the ocean horizon. We are thrilled that you and your guests we able to visit our Spa and receive such fabulous service!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort in the near future.

The Dolphin Bay Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2015

we decided to drive along the coast from San Francisco to Los Angeles. Looking on the map Pismo seemed like a good midway point to stay for the night.
Our room was large with living area bedroom and kitchen. we stayed a night but could have stayed a week in comfort.Our room did not have an ocean view, just the parking lot, but that was fine.

The city of Pismo Beach has lots of good restaurants and a nice beach.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Greetings,

Thank you for providing us with feedback on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear that you found your way to our Resort on your recent drive along the coast. We are pleased that you enjoyed the spaciousness of your suite and found fun things to do while in the area. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
bakersfield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

We have stayed in many hotels as well as rented homes as the hotels usually don't meet our needs having a large family. The Dolphin Bay Resort was incredible, washer and dryer,full kitchen, dining area and a patio the looks over the ocean. I think it was about 1600 sq feet or more.....HUGE, oh almost forgot HEATED POOL!!!! Great people great place great time had by all!!!

Room Tip: The ground floor on the northwest corner is great but house keeping is there and a bit noisey if you...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Greetings Marnie C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are pleased you enjoyed your beautiful suite along with all of the amenities we have to offer. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed our heated swimming pool. We eagerly await your return visit!

Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

This resort in our opinion is the best on the Central Coast. We stayed in a one bedroom suite located with a front ocean view, with a large veranda, kitchen, living room etc. Every employee we came into contact was very well trained and wanted to make your stay perfect. The Lido restaurant at this hotel has a outdoor terrace overlooking the ocean with great waiters and a very creative chef. I can't imagine staying any where else in this area.

Room Tip: Corner suite with front ocean view.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Erica C, Manager at Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 20, 2015
Dear Brenda F,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are pleased you enjoyed your beautiful suites along with the fantastic view and all the other amenities your suite had to offer.

We are also happy that you found our staff helpful and professional and that you had the opportunity to experience our restaurant, Lido and the amazing food our very talented culinary team presents.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2015

My husband and I stayed in a beautiful two bedroom suite wire a magnificent ocean view. The suite was amazing in its design and decor Our closet was so large it took to photos to capture it. Very nice private balcony as well. We we there to celebrate our nephew Christopher's 21st birthday. Several other friends also chose to stay at the resort as well.
The service for us was lacking Ou friends were called many times to be checked on. Us not once. We arrived separately and they would not let my husband into our suite. Their phone staff were very rude. Would not allow me to speak without interrupting and talking over me.
When I did arrive for a weekend stay they seemed surprised I had luggage! The young lady that helped me to my room was lovely. I think her name was Samantha. She's a keeper.
I was not given any information or maps to understand the property. Our telephone in the suite did not work and we needed to use our cell to contact the front desk, valet and restaurant
This is where their service was lacking.
The restaurant was reluctant to grant us a reservation for 21 for breakfast at 10:30am because they said they were so booked. Said they might have to seat us outside. In the rain. With no umbrellas. With a ninety-three year old! Made us come early. Hassle to call everyone to change time. When we arrive, closer to 10:30 than 10:15. We were the only people in the restaurant!!! They were going to have an Oscar party later that day that I guess they felt was more important than serving resort guest and their families for a last breakfast together. The said we would not be able to be seated together. Again I must note most strongly .... No other patron were in the restaurant !!!
Another real I connivence is that there are no ways to get to the restaurant , lobby or front door to the valet without walking outside great distances in the rain. We walked ten minutes to the valet. He walked two parking spaces to retrieve our vehicle. Not a good or gracious was to treat guests. The valets should bring the cars to you by where we were allowed to depart the building to the front parking lot instead of us walking all the way up the hill and around the corner. It was like so weird to have too carry our belongings in the rain.
After leaving I received a call from a very rude woman who said I own an activity fee for my stay. I asked what it was for on top of the $800+ per night?! She said it was for the 'complimentary(?) newspaper. The use of the gym. I was shocked because I had no idea there was a gym available and the bottles of water I was never given!!!! I tried to tell her we had not been told of the gym. I Had not had time to read the so called 'Complimentary' newspaper that they charge you for Not sure how that ever qualifies as complimentary ! No one ever brought us waters I had brought my own.
No manager ever called or came to apologize for keeping my husband cooling his heels in the lobby. Very odd. But the most disconcerting was the rudeness of the front desk phone people. Interrupting , talking over etc.
they finally waived the activity fees for our stay as the should have as no service had been provided but I was informed that on our next visit we would be charge this fee. Due to her rudeness and their rudeness to my husband I'm sure we will never revisit this beautiful resort as this last woman was so outrageously rude I'm sure for $800+ per night I can find accommodations with more gracious staff and services .
Beautiful looking resort but for the price range no service and brusk and rude service was more the order of the day than not.

Eugenia Romeo,
Romeo Vineyards & Cellars
Calistoga , Napa Valley , California

• Stayed February 2015
Erica C, Manager at Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 27, 2015
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Romeo,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor. I would like to extend my sincerest apologizes for your experience at Dolphin Bay. We pride ourselves on our great customer service so it surprises me to hear about your encounters with my team. I would love to gather more information from you so I can address this directly with my team. Can you please reach out to me at EricaC@thedolphinbay.com or via telephone at 805.556.3879?

Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Warmest Regards,

Erica Coppola
Director of Hotel Operations
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015

We booked into the Dolphin Bay having visited before So we hoped the experience was going to be to the previous high standard . We had, prior to checking in ,asked for a non smoking room and also a room that was not pet friendly. They do have some rooms that are ,on checking in we repeated the above and were assured that the room we were getting complied On arrival in the room there was a very noisy balcony which was directly above a very busy resturant and hanging on the back of the entrance door a hanging tag to be placed outside saying"housekeeping beware pet in the room" A give away you could say??? We returned to reception and asked for the manager and repeated the story to her . within minutes we were upgraded to a larger suite away from noise and with no previous pet occupation. Thank you Erica That evening we had problems with hot water and the next day faultly tap and leaking dishwasher but the were dealt with quickly again by Erica
Having said all of the above the Dolphin Bay is a fantastic setting next to the Ocean with a swimming pool aligned with the setting sun. The rooms are excellant with everything you could wish for. We will certainly return.

Room Tip: Ocean facing rooms are amazing Room 215 north block is above the resturant
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Erica C, Manager at Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 22, 2015
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Thompson,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. Despite the mishaps you encountered, I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay and that you will return in the future. As we discussed during your visit, please feel free to contact he directly when you are ready to secure your next reservation and I would be happy to assist to ensure you receive the best room at the best rate.

Thank you again and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you both back to Dolphin Bay soon.

Erica Coppola
Director of Hotel Operations
Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

Great place, friendly staff, awesome breakfast! Very relaxing!! We stayed here for our honeymoon night and it was really fun and just overall peaceful and a great place to stay. We definitely want to go back soon!

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Erica C, Manager at Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 20, 2015
Dear Maria S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that an occasion as special as your honeymoon was not only spent at our Resort, but that we were able to create such a memorable experience. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort in the near future.

The Dolphin Bay Team

Been to Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!