“Typical American motel.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Newport, South East Wales
“Typical American motel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2015

clean and tidy, with excellent shower, basic breakfast included, cereals, waffles and breads, my only gripe is that is close to the roads, and quite noisy in the morning. no ac in the room, so might get hot in the summer, April was fine. I found the receptionist friendly enough, and we chatted a while.

Room Tip: Ground floor I assume would be quieter than the upstairs rooms...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2015

Good motell. but NO A/C! good locations, located in waøking distants to the beach/restaurants/bars, and short deiving distance to the outlets at groover, and the shopping/restaurants at arroyo grande. Great pool, good parking facilities. the breakfast was small but sufficient for a motel. Be carefull when entering the parkinglot, there's a huge dip at the entrance, dont damage your car!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2015

This place was good for the price paid, we had a clean large room with TV, coffee machine and bath. Close to local restaurants, friendly manager and well kept motel. Swimming pool is in the parking lot so we didn't use it. Breakfast is very basic but it was free. Wifi seemed to be patchy. Overall would recommend for a one night affordable stopover.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Livermore, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2015 via mobile

My wife and I arrived here last Tuesday. There were only two cars in the lot. I walked into the office and waited at the counter. A woman walked in from a back room and stared at me like I had interrupted her. I finally said I had a reservation and wanted to check in. She frowned and asked me for my license and credit card. I requested a room away from other guests and commented that this shouldn't be too hard with only two cars in the lot. She said nothing. She then asked me something which I couldn't understand due to her accent. No problem, I asked her what she had said. She half yelled her question again. My patience was wearing thin. I got my room keys and walked to the room. You guessed it. She had placed us between the only two guests at the motel! I walked back to the office and asked if there might be another more private room. She glared at me and asked what my problem was! I told her the problem was I asked for a little privacy and instead was placed between the only two hotel guests. She was unable to switch rooms. At that point I was ready to check out but my wife was so tired from the road that we ended up staying. I will never stay at this place again. Unacceptable and unprofessional.

Stayed February 2015
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2015

This was a cheap stopover on the way down to LA but turned out to be a cleaner and better run hotel managed with more pride that some of the far more expensive places we stayed.

Very easy to find off the highway and room was quiet, simple and clean and all the staff we met were friendly and helpful. An easy stroll down to the beach and into town for food.

Highly recommended and worth 5 stars for overall value

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2014

We were here for one night, during our Westcoast Road Trip. The motel is a good one. Breakfast and free parking, near the beach and the CA1.
Free Wifi, microwave, fridge.
There was no air-con, but it was ok for the night in december.
Staff is very friendly and helpful. The room were clean, and the price was ok.
I would stay again here.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2014

Stayed here for one night on our road trip. Got to give it 10 out of 10. Bob was lovely and friendly and very helpful. Room was spotless and very spacious, bed was comfy and huge! It had everything, coffee, ice, breakfast, good wifi, fridge, iron microwave and pool, so reasonably priced as well. Will definitely come back here
From Paul & moira 40 something's from uk

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Ocean Palms Motel? Share your experiences!