“The way a budget motel should be” 5 of 5 stars

Ocean Palms Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   390 Ocean View Ave, Pismo Beach, CA 93449   |
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“The way a budget motel should be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

A friend and I got a good deal for our two queen bed room ($84 ex. tax for a night). We stayed in a first floor room, which was very quite and clean with comfortable beds and a nice bathroom. We first planned to stay in one of the motels closer to the beach, but that wasn't necessary because the ocean is only a five minute walk away. And after a day at the beach, the (very clean) pool was a nice place to play cards and hang out before going to a restaurant in town, wich is less than 10 minutes walking distance from the motel. All this, plus the very friendly owner made this the best budget motel out of the +/- ten we've stayed in during our trip in California. The Ocean Palms is nothing too fancy of course, but from our other experiences in motels in this price range it doesn't get much better. If I get the same deal, I'll definitely come back to this place the next time I go to Pismo Beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Wigginton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

If you want a bath you will have to sit on the plug as it is designed not to stay down! Otherwise a very comfortable stay in a first floor room. The pool looked good but had only attracted a solitary duck during our stay. Breakfast was pastries and microwaveable breakfast bagels. Located just off the Interstate and very close to the beach area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Crawley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Good - Staff helpful and polite. Room good size and clean. Good shower. Quiet room. Quite good value really as a stopover.

Not so Good - breakfast was basic, with little room to sit. No air con but had fan which worked well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lyme Regis, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We used this motel as a one night stop over en route from Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara. It exceeded expectations for a budget hotel.
Clean and well maintained,friendly and polite staff. Room large and quiet and well equipped. Excellent shower.
Breakfast adequate.
Will use again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Piedmont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed there on our way from LA to SF and it was just what you hope for: a clean room, clean bedding with plenty of pillows, clean bathroom with new granite and relatively quiet even though it sits by the highway ramp. The breakfast (coffee, cereals, muffins) works great if you're on the go and the waffle maker was a huge hit for the kids. Overall, a great deal for your money. We'll recommend this place and will stay there again.

Room Tip: I would ask for the tucked in rooms where the window/ door is as far removed from the highway as pos...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a road trip from San Francisco to Los Angeles....really lovely Motel. Perfect location as only a few minutes walk to the beach and close to the highway (so we didn't get lost!) Lovely owners and nothing was too much trouble!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I visited this motel on 4/22/13-4/25/13 the room has a pool as well as the beach being in walking distance. I asked the maid for clean towels and I was told I needed to ask the manager. I told her u cleaned my room before I showered for the day I had taken a walk to see how close I was to the beach. I showered when I got back so I needed clean towels to bath that night or the next morning. Its pretty sad when they dont wanna give u clean towels because they're being cheap about it. You know people come for vacation and is likely to get in water multiple times during the day what are the suppose to dry off with after getting out the water as well as showering. I paid good money to stay there clean towels should not be an issue. I also had an incounter with the locals roaming the parking lot late night checking out the cars or should I say scoping out the cars and the belongs (those were the locals own words scoping out) so tell me what does that sound like to you?

• Stayed April 2013
rashmi829, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Palms Motel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear tea 1976,

I wanted to take the time to reply to your review regarding your recent stay at the ocean palms motel in pismo beach, we would like to make it clear that your room was cleaned in a timely mainly around your schedule and activities and that your room was refreshed with ample clean towels, for your use, i would also like to explain to you, that we have never refused extra towels to any of our guest staying with us all they need to do is ask the front desk, and we have always tried our hardest to provide what is needed, you also end by writing something that is ONLY your opinion and NOt true Facts so i would ask that you not do so.

Been to Ocean Palms Motel? Share your experiences!