“Order a bucket!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 92 Restaurants in Pismo Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
California
“Order a bucket!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The last time I walked into a restaurant that smelled like this, I was in Maine! I knew I was in the right place. We split a one-person bucket between us. We chose snow crab and shrimp, which came along with steamed and seasoned potatoes, sausage and corn. There were several other types of crab from which to, choose, including Alaskan king crab.

The tradition is to dump bucket orders onto the table in front of you, and that was pretty cool, too. Very, very good — and a must if you like seafood.

Also — be sure to try the crab bisque. They make it with sherry, which lends a nice nutty flavor to this very rich soup. I sampled my husband's clam chowder, and it was very creamy and good, too. Don't plan on counting calories here, but just go and enjoy!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Diego, California
“YUM. A good crabby dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My wife and I ate here on a busy Thursday night and we both loved it. The place is small and a little cramped, but they provide excellent service and the food is really very good. The two hostesses the night we went offered to call us (since there was a 45 minute wait) on my cell phone, and said it was fine if we went around the neighborhood for a pre-dinner beer (which we did.) It turns out the wait was only about 20 minutes, and they had a table for us when we closed out and returned.

The food... my wife had a crab melt open sandwich and crab-topped salad. I had chowder and seafood enchiladas with a white sauce. Everything was hot and excellent, our server was funny and helpful, and we scarfed everything down in what seemed like minutes. Lots of people were ordering the "buckets" with crab and other items... seems to be the popular thing, but that's not what we were looking for. We'd go back here in a heartbeat. Great place.

No reservations accepted... so just throw your name on the list and wait it out!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
REDONDO BEACH, CA
“GREAT SEAFOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Another golfing outing discovery. This is a small, Ma and Pa establishment located in the heart of Old Town Pismo. All of their seafood is fresh and outstanding but my favorite is the bucket where you get a choice of several different items. But my favorites are dungeness crab and slipper lobster (which has nothing to do with lobster but it's good). No reservations but give them your cell number and you can browse the numerous shops until they call you.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Barbara, California
“Spectacular!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We happened I here for lunch and were not disappointed. Menu updated and printed daily so it's all fresh. We had salads, soup and calamari which was outstanding. Our only disappointment was we didn't have another nite in town to go back for a large dinner. But, we will be back!!

Visited December 2012
Camarillo, California
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is a great place to eat if you're in Pismo. My wife and I have eaten here several times and are never disappointed. Their house salad and clam chowder is my favorite. Yummy food with a great atmosphere. The only downfall is they don't serve hard alcohol.

• Visited November 2012