“Perfect” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   198 Main St, Pismo Beach, CA 93449   |
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Pismo Beach
“Perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The lovely shirlee and staff make this place a hit !!
Location unbeatable , rooms modern and clean !!!
We loved our stay and didn't want to leave !!!!
Thank you shirlee love from your Aussie friends
Megan and Andrew

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Salinas, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We recently spent four nights at the Beach House Inn, and it was still as nice as the first time we stayed there seven years ago. The owner has taken good care of the place. The location is fantastic -- steps from the beach, the pier and The Splash Cafe. This time we stayed in a king room with a fireplace on the third floor, but we have also stayed in a couple of the suites in past years. We love the accommodations -- a well equipped kitchen with full size refrigerator and microwave, a large and very clean bathroom, and best of all a large balcony with a view of the ocean. We started every day with breakfast on the balcony and ended every night there listening to the sound of the ocean.

Other things we love about The Beach House Inn:
The staff is friendly and extremely helpful.
The covered parking garage is free and secured at night.
There is a free DVD library with many new releases.

We came home happy and relaxed and can't wait to go back!

Kitchener
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We just checked out of the Beach House Inn today after spending two nights in their cheapest room. Our stay was vey pleasant and was great value given the cost of neighboring establishments.

First of all, this hotel is not plush -- but it is newer, the furnishings are good quality and the location is fabulous. Our room was a king bed efficiency. It was on the third floor, had a king sized bed, fireplace, a table and two chairs, an armchair, tv (yes, it is older, but who cares?), full sized fridge, microwave, dishes, etc. There was a good sized closet and a spacious bathroom with a nice shower.

The linens, carpet, flooring, etc. are all first rate and were scrupulously clean. The one negative was that the balcony had two chairs and a lounger, but no table and the chairs were rusty. However, this balcony looked out over the rooftop straight to the beach and the pier. The balcony door and the windows beside it, give you a full view of the ocean at all times.

We moved the table to the window and enjoyed our breakfast looking at the ocean. At night we left the balcony door open and slept to the sound of the crashing surf.

The hotel is very well located, close to a fabulous Laundromat, seconds from the sand, close to good dining -- both fast food, gourmet take out and elegant meals. We enjoyed the space so much we stayed put for a day and just enjoyed being in Pismo.

Parking is free and is in a covered, secured area. Staff is very, very helpful and accommodating. Movies are free to borrow.

It took me a long time to select a spot to stay in Pismo, and I considered staying at some of the much pricier options. In the end, I decided to go with Beach House Inn and we are so glad we did. It is not the Ritz, but it is clean, close and welcoming!

DFW, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have been staying at the Beach House Inn regularly for years and have never had a bad stay. The layout of the rooms are very family-friendly, with a fully equipped kitchen, fold out beds for the kids and a separate bedroom for mom and dad to get some privacy. The location can't be beat with easy access to the beach and downtown. We continue to be impressed by the condition of the hotel as it still looks great after so many years.

Staying at the Beach House Inn is a family tradition and we look forward to our visits each year. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kerman, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stay in Pismo all the time but this was my first time here. I actually had a reservation for over a year, having to reschedule many times due to life. One month before my stay I called to confirm and found out that the price had gone up for the summer rates and no one had made me aware of it prior. I was upset because I wasn't planning on paying that much for a room but it was too late to find something else for my family of 5 for a reunion I was going to be attending.
The lady I delt with was Patty and she was rude and very short with me constantly cutting me off when I talked. She moved me around in different rooms Never apologizing for Her mistakes.
The first night we were there we had my brother and his 3 kids come over to eat with us. He was staying down the road at the Dolphins Cove hotel. I get a phone call from the owner at the front desk accusing me of sneaking in guests and that if my brother wanted to hang out that long that he should have rented from them. ???!!!!! WTH!
She spoke to me like I was a child staying in someone's home.
The next night I needed an iron and they didn't have one in the room.........they had an ironing board but no iron.? I called at 7:00 on Saturday night and the office was closed and no one answered or returned my calls at all! I never got my iron or an apology.
This was the manager's number too!
When I checked out, Carol who was the ONLY one to ever apologize and was polite, said she was sorry my stay went that way, but that was all I got.
Oh ya, there's No window cooler either! If you want ventilation at night you have to open the balcony door and the bedroom window. Not safe!
For $319 + a night I could have stayed at most of the hotels near by who also have kitchenettes and ocean views!
They were full of crazy rules and had no guest service what so ever.
I've Never Been spoken to by hotel staff that way and I didn't do anything wrong!

Room Tip: Try another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We couldn't have ordered better weather. Blue skies and balmy warm breeze. The private balcony allowed us to sleep with the door open and hear the ocean waves all night. The full size frig and microwave gave us some ideas for our next trip. fully appointed with china, wine glasses and even a corkscrew.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor facing the ocean.
Bakersfield, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed one night here on a Saturday night in July. This hotel is a relatively small, privately owned hotel. I didn't actually ask but I think it has about 15-20 rooms. The owner's/manager live onsite. It has three levels and a gated underground parking basement. We stayed in room #304 (on the 3rd floor). The view from the room patio was okay. Half of the view is of building roof tops, due to this hotel being about one block up from the beach. No big deal though. It has a living room area with two sofa's and a tv. There is a kitchenette with a refrigerator, microwave, stove, sink, and a small dining table. One bathroom with one sink and a tub/shower combo. And the separate bedroom with a queen sized bed and tv.

Pros:

-Great location.
-Room size was good.
-The refrigerator was full size, not the smaller one that are sometimes in rooms.
-Microwave.
-Separate bedroom sleeping area.
-Two TV's with DVD players.
-Free DVD library in office so you can pick some out to watch in your room.
-Very secure building at night as parking basement is gated and pedestrian entrance is also gated (key card needed to enter)
-Employees were very courteous.
-Two nightstands in the bedroom (it really annoys me when there is only one).

Cons:

-Pricey. We paid $299.00 plus tax for one night. I think it came to $335.00 total. The manager that helped us said that $299.00 was marked down and our room was usually $320.00 plus tax.
-The furniture is not really my style, kind of old fashioned.
-The TV's are the old school tube sets. They should really be updated.
-Having a stove is great but there are no pots and pans. There is a sign that says if you need pots and pans, you can request them, and there will be a cleaning fee of $30.00.
-No pool or hot tub.

In conclusion, I'm not sure if I will return due to the price but overall I liked the place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Beach House Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!