“GREAT FOR FAMILES...but not necessary for quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 3 Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #3 of 28 hotels in Pismo Beach
Palm Springs
“GREAT FOR FAMILES...but not necessary for quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The location and value is wonderful. Ocean views and I believe all rooms are like 2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms. There are a lot of young kids there though. Very cute during the day, but not all parents control there kids and it was way too noisey for my friend and myself. Quality of the room is good...not excellent. We used it as the over-night stop to break up a long drive, and it served the purpose. The hotel is on the beach. A very good restaurant walking distance (Ventana Grill). They serve a good breakfast included in the price.

Room Tip: The ocean views cost more. However, you can ask for a room on the top floors that have a "part...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
erikmund, General Manager at Pismo Lighthouse Suites, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel. We definitely are a family friendly hotel but do make a priority to ensure that all our guests have a great nights sleep. I'm sorry that the noise level from others disturbed you. We do our best to act swiftly and anonymously if that is brought to our attention. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit.

762 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Ventura, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The property is very well maintained. This is clearly a family-oriented motel; we were on our honeymoon. I don't recommend it for a romantic stay. We wanted to be able to hear the ocean waves. The bedrooms in the suites are located away from the ocean. The living area has one small sliding glass door to the very shallow deck. There is ample room for another slider or large window to the ocean. The room is arranged in such a way that occupants are unable to enjoy the main attraction. Overall the suite layout is very poorly designed. Be aware, it is also a very long walk down the bluffs to the beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and I'm sorry that our spacious two room and two bathroom suite configuration was not to your satisfaction. While we do offer full size sliding glass doors out to the balcony, I apologize that it was not what you were looking for. We appreciate the comments about the property being well maintained, and thank you again for staying with us.
Regina, Saskatchewan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband, 10 month old and myself spent 1 night in this hotel, as we travelled down the coastal highway. This place is beautiful! The staff are very accommodating as we arrived early and they had a room cleaned immediately for us, so we could check in. The rooms have a wonderful set up, and are clean, bright and very beachy! We loved that we had a balcony that had a view of the ocean! This hotel is walking distance to anything you need, and has a pool and beach access! The breakfast was great, and we truly felt like we were in paradise while staying here. The only fault with this location is that the walls are very thin, so you hear everything happening around you. We were sorry that we only had booked in for one night here, and we will definitely be back!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
erikmund, General Manager at Pismo Lighthouse Suites, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you could enjoy a little slice of paradise. We appreciate the comments and look forward to you returning for a longer visit next time. Thank you again!
oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was concerned the room would be large enough as we were traveling with our 2 college age children, my mother-in-law and our dog. We stayed in a oceanfront queen suite and it was ideal. It had a lovely ocean view, 2 bathrooms, and a separate bedroom. We stayed with our children in the bedroom with 2 queens while my mother-in-law had the sleeper sofa and ocean view. It was a totally separate area with her own bathroom. We were at ground level with a little patio for our pet. The trail to the beach was right out the sliding glass doors. The hotel has a full recreation area with pool, putting green, badminton and life size chess set. The breakfast was average but no complaints since we didn't have to leave the property. I felt the room was an excellent value for all the amenities and space. The Staff was helpful and very pleasant. I would highly recommend the Lighthouse Suites and would stay there again without question.

Room Tip: Oceanfront queen suite was perfectly spacious for a family vacation with mother-in-law and pet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We thoroughly enjoyed having your family and dog stay with us. I'm glad that you found our two room and two bathroom suites spacious enough for the entire family. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of all of the amenities our hotel has to offer. Thank you for the great recommendation and we look forward to your next visit.
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I had just finished the ALC 545 bike ride and we always stay here on our way home. I was sure I reserved a room but went to check in and both the hotel or I couldn't find any records. Matt Classen the front desk manager was excellent. The hotel was booked with the big car show and the Cal Poly graduation weekend, but he was exceptional at working things out so me and my family had a great room at a great rate. Excellent service, great stay and we will continue to come back every year!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Patricia, thank you for the kind words. I will pass this review on to Matt. It was definitely a busy and eventful weekend but we don't let that stop us from accommodating our guests with the best service possible. I'm glad that we were able to assist you and your family with a great suite. If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please let me know!
Lancs, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We just had a one night stay, travelling to S.F. to LA, and really pleased with our choice.

Decided to up-grade to a sea view on our arrival, our room was huge, very clean and just about perfect.

We walked along the beach that evening to the bars, shops and restaurants which took a very pleasant 15 mins and walked back along the pavemented, quiet road.

Breakfast was the best we encountered on our 7 hotels trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
erikmund, General Manager at Pismo Lighthouse Suites, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us on your trip between SF and LA. We are happy you chose us and enjoyed your stay and loved the breakfast! Next time you are in California we hope to see you back.
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is an all suite hotel. We had a nice suite on the beach with ocean views. It had a king bed two bathrooms kitchen and a lounge. A very pleasant location. Out the back of the room is a lawn and sweeping views along the coast. It is right on the cliff top. Parking was free in front of the room. WiFi was free.
The king bed was very comfortable and the room nicely decorated it had a refrigerator and a microwave in the kitchen.

After dinner we walked out our back door and along the cliff top. Marvelous views..Wild baby rabbits were feeding on the lawn outside our window. I guess they may be a problem here, as in Australia, but they sure are cute, and are not my problem.
The problem with this room was noise.Ours was a ground floor room with the room above it containing hyperactive children. It was a floor that creaked when anyone walked on it and when the child was running, like it seemed to do incessantly, it sounded like a baby elephant thumping across the floor. They decided to run a bath at some point and we had running water loudly sounding in our room and it seemed to go on forever. The kid(s) were running back and forward, thump thump thump. To make things worse when the adults walked around quietly the floor also creaked, for every step there was a creak!!!
At 9.30 I had my shower and the water was cold to tepid, I was not happy, obviously our supply was linked to the wastrels above us. Our room was on the end of the block and next to it was the swimming pool and spa. A group of what sounded to be very happy and loud (drunk) Russians, judging from the language, was in the spa having a party. This was right outside our bedroom. The pool area was supposed to close at 10 but the noise from the pool, the thumping from upstairs and the water noise in the walls, which may have been from the spa did not stop until 10.30. Suddenly it was quiet. I had a restless sleep until 8am when the herd of elephants above us aroused and proceeded to mill, jump, run, bang and crash on the floor. At 9 I believe they went for breakfast as it was silent again.
Breakfast was complimentary, we wandered over but it was pretty uninspiring. All the cereals available were of the sugary kind, they had 3 waffle machined going, reconstituted orange juice, no toast, some very sweet looking donutty type things and Yogurt in tubs, plus some fresh fruit. I did not know how to give this place a star rating. Based on our experience I was going to give it 2 but my wife said that because the room as so good I should give it 3. At least she has a hot shower in the morning. The suite cost $220 inc all the taxes.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room away from the spa.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry that you didn't have a comfortable night's sleep and that there were other elements that disrupted it. I'm also sorry that the breakfast wasn't to your standards. We do offer healthy cereal options and try to please as wide an audience as possible. I am, however, glad to hear that you did enjoy the suite layout and the views we offer.

Been to Pismo Lighthouse Suites? Share your experiences!