“The Real Deal and a Museum also!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 6 Shopping in Pismo Beach
Type: Water sports, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Pismo Beach Surf Shop began in 1962 and has a great old surfing history. We are all about the Ocean from kayaking, Surfing, Sucba Diving and SUP surfing.We specialize in surfboards, Kayak Tours of the Central Coast and SUP and Surfing Lessons.
Monterey, California
5 attraction reviews
“The Real Deal and a Museum also!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you need a rental or a souvenir from your trip to Pismo this is the place. I believe in real destination T Shirts not make believe ones, The Pismo Beach Surf Shop logo is an old and recognized surf shop logo/surfboards from the sixties! If that does not get you the local Surfing Museum will!!!! A must stop for sight seeing! But Buy a shirt from a real sixties Icon!
Listen to DaCoach!

Visited July 2013

Bakersfield, California
“Shell Beach Dinosaur Caves Kayak Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

What an amazing experience! This was the first kayaking trip my husband, boys (ages 10 & 12) had ever been on. Admittedly, we were all a little nervous going in to it but as soon as we got to the shop and began suiting up, all nervousness was gone. Bill was so welcoming, reassuring and entertaining......we knew it was going to be a great morning! The tour itself was fabulous. We learned the basics and off we went. We kayaked right past several seals & otters. We learned how to land the kayak and take off from a few different little beaches along the coast. The entire way, Bill provided excellent kayaking instruction as well as teaching us about the wildlife and history of the area. The four of us will never forget this amazing adventure. Can't recommend it enough!

Bamberg, Germany
“Unexpected and just great !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The fun starts when you enter Bill's shop: it is very special place - something you'd never expect. The place is very authentic and does not fit at all into any stereotype. Meeting Bill and Corey is a special experience of its own and meeting Bill's friend who accompanied him for our surf lessons just completes the picture. These guys know what they do and have remained themselves.
We bought some gear, booked surf lessons and a kayak tour. We would, without hesitation, do it all again.

Chatsworth, California, United States
“1st Kayak Trip!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Coming into this tour, I had doubts. I got sick the day before and was feeling under the weather. I was thinking of canceling the tour. However, my girlfriend and I just went for it. Absolutely worth it !!!! In fact I think this trip made my flu go away. lol. Once all the adrenaline kicked in I was good to go. We were lucky enough to get two tour guides, Bill and Cory! These guys are the best. I was a little intimidated since I was the only first timer on the tour, but Bill and Cory made you feel right at home. In fact, if you fall out of your kayak they even name that cave after you. ahem*Dave'sCave*ahem.

Merrimack, New Hampshire
5 attraction reviews
“Couldn't be any happier about this experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I booked the Dinosaur Caves Kayak Tour with Bill, and it was a wonderful experience, one of the highlights of our trip to the CA coast from New England. We felt like we'd made a friend from the moment we met Bill. While standing there in his fascinating shop making our kayaking tour reservation, we asked him his opinion of the restaurant we were considering for later that day, and he picked up and dialed his own phone to make a dinner reservation for us! It was obvious then that his desire for our having a good experience in the Pismo area was not limited to the services & merchandise that he was selling, and that was evident on the day of the kayaking tour as well. Also, on the morning of the Dinosaur Caves Tour, the other guest and her three young daughters joining us was late arriving. Bill was very gracious, and instead of causing any tension, made everyone feel good about what we were about to experience. He also paired the adults with the young children appropriately for safety, and we all had a great time together. I highly recommend hiring the services of the Pismo Beach Surf & Dive Shop.

Visited April 2013