“you get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

Ocean Breeze Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   250 Main Street, Pismo Beach, CA 93449   |
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Dublin
“you get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Greeted by not very friendly man behind counter. No laundry facilities and rooms small with not so comfortable bed. However good value for money especially for short stay and pool seemed good. This is a small motel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
oceansedge, General Manager at Ocean Breeze Inn, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Guest signed Check In form that states pets are not allowed and there would be a fee if pets enter the room. Guests had a dog they sneaked into the room.
Guest asked to quiet down after 10 p.m..
Next morning, manager asked about the Dog seen coming out of guest room. Guest argued and Guest left without paying fee for having Pet in the room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Fresno, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at this place ,the man and lady that run the place are very rude and certainly “NOT” customer service oriented people!!!they are in the wrong business,they couldn’t even make eye contact when we checked in! just mumbled.. they just snooped around all day...bad bad bad service! Housekeepers were nicer!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel is very close to the beach which is wonderful! But the hotel itself is dirty, very old bedding and carpet could use a cleaning and the bathroom could use some bleach! The hotel staff is the overall worst! Extremely rude almost mad that your here! I've tried 4 different times now to talk with staff ( from checking inn to needing an extra pillow) everytime I have went in with a smile on my face and they have seemed irrated that I'm there! Also check in was at 3:00 pm and I couldn't get into my room tell 3:45pm. Never again will I waste my money at this hotel! I would advise that you don't either!

• Stayed September 2012
San Ramon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

For the price, considering most of the hotels around you are over $300.00. You can see the beach from the front of the hotel. It was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The front desk was very helpful. I am over 50 and did not experience any negative problems. Although no Hilton, to be able to have a short walk to the beach and watch the sunset and rise. Is priceless!!!!
We will be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
oceansedge, General Manager at Ocean Breeze Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the the time to write and noticing the amazing value this place offers that most our customers don't take the time to write about!
Visalia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is one of the worst motels we have ever stayed at. If I could give it a worse review I would. My husband and I stayed one night here and I had to wear our shoes to walk around, including while taking a shower. We asked for more towels that evening and was told the mission service will not be in until the next morning.The location was good but that was the only thing even half decent about this place. We finally decided that a few beers may make the situation more tolerable as we were walking back to our room a little before midnight, we heard the smoke alarm sounding in our room from a block away. I tried to call the front desk but I could not get an answer finally my husband had to remove the detector from the wall. When we informed the owner he just said "oh that's the handicapped room he will have to check it out." I would say do not waste your time or money on this motel it makes a beach experience horrible and makes you feel extremely dirty!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pioneer, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed at this place 3 times now and have NEVER been disappointed. Joyce decorated our room in a birthday motif for my boyfriends 50th birthday, cake balloons streamers etc. The day manager is a bit rough around the edges, but if you talk to him, he is really a nice guy. They always strive to make your stay a great one. I will be staying again in April 2013. If Ocean Breeze Inn is not your style (with wonderful rates)....go book yourself into the Hilton Hotel and leave the room open for me. Whiny cry babies with your bad reviews.

Room Tip: room # 26 and 19 have GREAT views of the beach 1/2 block away
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Porterville, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The manager has the personality of the dust hanging from the bathroom fixtures. This place is a dive. No locks on the windows. 3/4 inch gap at the bottom of the door. We checked in, walked into the room and turned around and checked out. Please save yourself some disappointment. Stay away from this dive motel. I should have known things would be bad when we arrived at 1:45 p.m. and I was greeted in the parking lot by the manager telling me that no one was allowed to check in until 3:00 p.m. I could go on and on. Please stay away!!!

Room Tip: See review!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ocean Breeze Inn? Share your experiences!