“tiny but a great location!” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Oregon
“tiny but a great location!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We had read positive, neutral and one or two negative comments on this place, but considering the map we felt the location makes it worth a risk. Our room is most likely designed for one bed and a sitting area but now holds a queen (full?) and a king bed, with a small "cafe" table with two chairs and a long dresser. The room is packed. If we planned to spend any time there it would have soon become unbearable. Our plan, however, is to attend a family wedding and spend the remaining time on the beach...so the crowded space is not a concern. It is just a few steps to the beach and we like the neighborhood! We did have to park outside the lot sometimes, not sure why, but all night one can park on the street until late morning the next day, so it is fine. Other residents are mostly surfers, a bit loud but we don't mind that. Nice outdoor seating, but prefer the beach. Bottom line? The price is far too high and we most likely will not go back.

Room Tip: 2F a bit quieter than the ground floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bedford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I found this little gem while on a PCH road trip in June 2011. Ok.. it's not the Hilton but it's clean and tidy, with very friendly, helpful staff. It's well situated for the beach and eating houses and has plenty of parking.. If you want somewhere cheap and cheerful to stay for a couple of days then this is as good as any... I'll defiantly be going back...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The entire experience was a nightmare besides the fact that the room was very clean. The telephone and socket in bathroom did not work; no ironing board at all in hotel; had to ask for hair dryer and iron. Towels were not replenished properly, staff were not accommodating. One bedroom for a two bedroom "suite" and you had to walk through a bedroom to get there; terrible layout in other words. Parking lot laid out terribly also. Do not recommend at all.

• Stayed June 2012
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Recently I tried to cancel a reservation I had made, but I was told I would not be getting a refund. I explained to the manager, Ed, I had the email from their hotel indicating I was still within the time frame to cancel for a full refund. Ed gave me excuse after excuse why he would not give me my money back. He kept saying to call him back day after day so he could look into, but I never got anything solved. I had to contact my credit card company who got involved with this issue. If you want to stay at a hotel that offers poor customer service and says one thing and does the opposite, then stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Oregon City, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

We had to come to Florence for a funeral and unexpectedly also had to bring our dog. We made reservations at the Ocean Breeze because it looked good online, was reasonably priced and allowed dogs. Our stay was so much better then we expected! The rooms were clean and quiet and the staff was great. Our stay at the Ocean Breeze made a difficult trip much easier to manage.

• Stayed February 2012
Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

lady at front desk is rude, hateful, and unfriendly. Heated pool is a joke. Manager even said it is 52 degrees and only feels warmer once you get used to it. Price isnt worth the room for the amount of time you get it. Check in 3 not a minute sooner and check out is 11.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
oceansedge, Manager at Ocean Breeze Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We apologize that the guest felt the pool was not heated.
The pool temperature is kept between 74 and 78 degrees. The manager used a thermometer and showed the guest the temperature was 74 degrees. The check in time of 3 p.m. is similar to most hotels in the industry and around Pismo Beach. We ask guests that arrive early to park in the parking lot and walk to the nearby beach, pier and restaurants.
Three Rivers, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This was the worst experience we have had in the hotel industry. I booked over a month ago with Ed by phone. I repeated 3 times that we were coming for Saturday and Sunday of Presidents Day weekend. Once we arrived on Saturday we waited in line for 3 other guests to check in. Each guest seemed to have something not quite what they expected and Nick was cutting deals left and right...For example the couple ahead of us had booked a King bed. Nick said they were in a Queen room. They complained and he said he would knock $10-15 dollars off the rate as that is all they had. As we were waiting we talked to one of the maids. We asked if the pool was heated ? She said the pool had not had water for months as it was being painted. Once it was our turn they could not find our reservation. After a few minutes he found it and said we were supposed to have been there Friday. They gave our room away. I assured him that our reservation was for Saturday and Sunday. I am 200% sure that I gave the correct dates/days when booking. I asked for him to give us another room as we had traveled 4 hours and the couple we were with had traveled from Arizona for this trip.He could not help us. We went outside and tried calling other motels and everything was filled. We went back in and Nick had Ed on the phone. I spoke with Ed and we disagreed on the reservation. He said I remember you as you called back twice. I said "no" that I had only called him once, so I know he was mixing me up with someone else. We were all very disappointed and angry to say the least. I don't feel this was a professionally run operation. I would like to see some compensation from this hotel for ruining our weekend. If anyone is inclined to every stay here...be sure you have them e-mail or fax you a confirmation. A hard lesson learned for us.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
We manage hundreds of reservations and apologize for confusion about your reservation. The pool now has new coating applied and in operation. We gladly provide e-mail confirmations. Thank you.

Been to Ocean Breeze Inn? Share your experiences!