“Calzone & pizza dinner for 2” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery
Houston, Texas
“Calzone & pizza dinner for 2”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The veggie calzone was wonderful, the pizza had good flavor, good wine selection and not a long wait. It was a little loud, especially around the bar area (where we were sat for dinner). Overall, conveniently located near the Best Western's (walked there), friendly staff and flavorful food fairly priced.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Los Osos, California
“Great bread, good dinners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've been here many times over the years and I've never had a bad dinner. I always recommend the Farmer's Market pizza and the meatball calzone. The rolls they bring out before the meal are always fresh and the serve them with honey butter.

Visited November 2012
Porterville, California
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stopped in with some friends while visiting Pismo Beach because they recommended it for their pizzas. It had a nice, comfortable Italian decor and everyone was friendly throughout our meal. My wife and I ended up sharing a medium pizza: half Farmers Market, half Mama Del's House Special. The crust was slightly crunchy, like it was cooked in a brick oven. Toppings were plentiful and fresh. Overall, I give it a 4 out of 5. Definitely a place we'll come to again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Maria, California
“BEST LASAGNA ANYPLACE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We visit Del's every month or so and I ALWAYS order their baked lasagna. The sauce they make it with is the best I've ever tasted.. BAR NONE! AND... the round rolls made from pizza dough are to die for! They present them with honey butter, but I always ask for garlic butter. The service is excellent and the other dishes are also tasty (my husband and friends have told me).

• Visited January 2013
So Cal
“excellent food, great pricing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We just got back from a great dining experieince at Del's. THis is a great family run (or at least like it seems like a family run) Itallian restaurant that everyone wishes they had in their neighborhood. The service was great and the ambience was nice. Red checkered table cloths (vinyl), candles and chianti bottles everywhere. The menu is pretty typical for these types of places. Several differnt types of pizza and pasta along with baked items, raviolis, parmeseans, etc. all with a great choice of different types of sauces. My wife had the tortellini with pesto ($ 14.95). The tortellini's were stuffed with cheese and were very, very soft. She loved the pesto sauce, one of her favorites that she has ever had. I had one of the specials of the night and I am glad I did. They had cioppino which was very flavorful, rustic with losts of clams, mussels, cod and small shrimp. The broth was thick and very zesty. It was a great version and only $ 17.95. My dish also came with a side of garlic bread. When you first sit down, they bring you a basket of bread, which are small ( a little larger than a golf ball) sourdough rounds. They are a little heavy but so very delicious. THey were hot fresh from the oven. This is our second tome to Del's and we will be back the next time we visit this area.

• Visited November 2012