“Busy charming "Old Town" restaurant in Pinole.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Vegetarian, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
california
“Busy charming "Old Town" restaurant in Pinole.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had had lunch reservations at a restaurant that abruptly stopped lunch service two days before our lunch.It was impressive that this restaurant just stepped up to the extra work load and did a good job. This was the first restaurant I had been to that the waitress checked for food allergies.,a good practice that other restaurants could follow.Our party all picked salads and they were delicious. All in all a good experience for us!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

El Sobrante, California, United States
“Bad Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I moved to the Pinole area some months ago and had been wanted to try out the restaurant for some time. Today I called to make a phone order, but was highly dissatisfied with the "chef"/manager I spoke to. I had told her that I had been interested in the Pesto and Alfredo pasta dishes for my husband and I. However, I informed her we were both vegetarian and would not be able to eat the chicken. I asked if instead she could replace the chicken for "a little bit" of vegetables, fruits, or lower the price at least a little since we would clearly receive less food than other people. I had seen the photos and clearly the chicken takes up a large portion of the dish (something we would not be getting). The person on the other end said "no substitutions!" and after I had already told her twice that I had thought of ordering the Alfredo as my second dish, she said I could order the Alfredo instead and use Pesto sauce. This clearly seems to me to be a "substitution" that would be more expensive for even less since the Alfredo dish is more costly. I had informed her that at many restaurants I had seen a separate price for Alfredo pastas without meat or chicken, but she said there was nothing that could be done. I once more asked if there could be any amount of vegetables at all that could be added, but to no avail. She was not helpful and her tone was a bit rude towards the end. When I asked if I could speak to the owner, the reply was "no." Seeing how close we are located, my husband and I would have liked to have visited the restaurant and make it a place to frequent, but this has dissuaded me. I would hope they learn to have better customer service and more consideration.

• Visited May 2013
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff ... I got to choose my seat... Waitress took my order I told her I could not eat certain types of food please make sure my lunch did not include food I'm allergic to.. Leena the chef actually came our and helped me pick a entree knowing right off what my condition was thank god or I would of ended up in ER... Food was tasty and fresh...I'm so grateful for the friendly staff and the chef for actually helping me pick out a safe meal for me love this place clean, fresh and caring business I would recommend this highly !!! :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pinole, California
“Possibilities”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We want to like this place but there are so many problems. The service is almost always lacking and there is tension in the air. We have tried over and over because some of their food is really good. The servers are seldom happy and it shows in their service. We rarely get our toast with our breakfast because it doesn't come out until at least 5 minutes after our breakfast has been served. My husband always ask for his to be toasted dark and they bring it out hardly toasted at all. Dinner is hit and miss. We've had a couple of really good meals but a couple of really bad ones also. One night everything was over peppered. I couldn't even eat it but our server didn't come back to check on us for a while and by the time she did everyone had picked around their meal and was ready to get the heck out of there. How hard can it be to taste the mashed potatoes to make sure they are seasoned properly. This place has the makings of a great restaurant but it needs some fine tuning.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“A Pleasant evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The house salad was very satisfying in-it's self. We had the Chicken pot Pie which was well presented, a large portion and tasted delicious. the place felt comfortable and welcoming. the Waitress (Stacey) offered every good service and the meal was well priced.

• Visited August 2012