“Great Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

After a very early morning of birding on the Sunrise Highway and seeing some great western species in the Woodland Hills campground, we stopped for a well deserved break. Loved the food, atmosphere and staff. The only caveat is do not drink the house coffee (weak dishwater) But DO use their espresso bar. Cook made me a perfectly poached egg.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, GA
“Good Breakfast, But Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Large and tasty breakfast, but quite pricey. Two for breakfast was $24 with a tip.

Decor is 1950's, and the background music was all 1950's rock'n roll.

Visited April 2013
Spring, TX
“Great downhome food, fresh and delicious, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a nice surprise for this little town, as there are only a couple of places to eat. We ate dinner and breakfast here. The dinner was absolutely scrumptious with a nice variety. We each had something different and it was all very good. We decided to also eat breakfast the next morniing, and it was just as good. This seems to be a very busy place and with good service. I understand it's a family owned and run diner and it shows. It's decorated with all the 50's diner posters that make it enjoyable. If you are staying in Pine Valley or passing through you should make this a stop.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pine Valley, California
“What happened to my Major's”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I, and most of my siblings worked at Major's, when we were teens. The only thing left of any value are the biscuits and gravy. The portions are tiny, and over priced, and made from Cisco food system frozen products. YUCK! The worst part is the TV with Fox News on, all the time. I go to the next town, Descanso, and eat at the Descanso Junction. Descanso Junction has GREAT atmosphere, GREAT quality food, GREAT portions, and GREAT service. When I feel like venturing further off the mountain, I go to Janet's Montana Cafe in Alpine. Everything I said about Descanso Junction X2! The best place to eat in East County!

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“A taste of the 1950's!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012 via mobile

In early January we were traveling from Phoenix to San Diego. The kids were hungry and we didn't want to do the usual roadside fare of burgers. Quite by chance we came across Major's Diner - what an experience!

The atmosphere and the service was great, the food was what you'd expect from a diner, but I do have to say that the shakes were fantastic! The 1950's decor was really cool - amazing to stumble come across a slice of history.

I've subsequently read some of the reviews and I can only assume that there's been a change in ownership in the last couple of years, we certainly didn't experience any of the bad service some of the earlier reviews mention.

Definitely worth a visit!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere