“Great Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gold Country Campground and Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pine Grove
Gold Country Campground and Resort
You added Gold Country Campground and Resort to your Saves list
13026 Tabeau Road, Pine Grove, CA 95665 (Formerly Pine Acres Resort)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pine Grove
Sacramento, California
“Great Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We were in the area for a cross country meet and decided to stay overnight and make a weekend out of it. I was looking for a cabin or hotel that allowed dogs and booked a cabin after reading Trip Advisor reviews. I was not familiar with Pine Grove and immediately loved the wooded setting of the resort. The cabins were comfortable. The kitchenette had place settings and cookware. We loved relaxing on the balcony. The dog run was wonderful to have and my family enjoyed the mini golf, ping pong, and hiking trails. There were some maintenance quirks and some of the amenities are worn, but it would not prevent us from returning. I would probably go off season again because we liked that it wasn't too crowded. While here, we visited Volcano and Indian Grinding Rock State Park.

Room Tip: Cabins are in the back of the resort where it is quieter and they back up to the woods.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed @ GC campground mid week which was great because we had no other campers on either side of us, very peaceful. There is some road noise from the highway but the scenery is so nice it's easy to tune it out. The buildings like the arcade, etc are pretty shabby and the arcade is musty smelling. Broken older furniture at the pool. Although the pool itself was nice and clean. Someone had to complain at the front office to get them to turn the water on for the water park, it wasn't turned on until 4pm. Our kids (9 and 11) had to keep walking down to see if it was turned on and then coming back to camp disappointed. The mini golf area was fun for the kids and very clean. The upper area with the swings and net were shabby and weedy, but the kids had fun and I doubt they noticed any of the things that I did. The RV site itself was by far the cleanest campsite we've ever stayed in and that is very important to me, and appreciated. I think weekend camping here would be a different experience with noise from the pool & waterpark area and most of the sites are too close together if the campground was completely full, but all in all we enjoyed our time, recommend it if u have kids and we will most likely return someday.

• Stayed June 2013
Santa Rosa, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed at this campground over Memorial Day weekend. We camped in a tent and had a very nice experience. There are lots of amenities for the kids (water park and swimming pool are the highlights) and dogs are welcome (they have a huge dog park). They even had a live band playing on Saturday afternoon (from 4 to 6 p.m.). We were able to hear them clearly from our campsite and it wasn't too loud. We stayed in campsite #104 and I was thankful for that. It is at the far end of the campsite and quite a distance to the bathroom, but I didn't mind that Saturday night when the entire place was alive with kids running around and people partying after 10. I thought it was very loud by the bathrooms and I was happy to retreat to my campsite at the end. Earplugs are a must. A lot of the tent sites are on a slope and it must be difficult to find a flat spot. I hope the owners do some simple grading to get some non-sloping tent sites. All in all, we had a very nice time and we are looking to come back here again with friends.

Room Tip: Try booking campsite 104 as it is flat and set back off the road.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We came to check out the Pine Grove area, saw this campground online and thought we would try it. We stayed in their cabins and they are really cute. For the price, it was better than a basic hotel room. Great place to go during the summer time with kids, although we stayed off-season our young kids still enjoyed the playground.

Pros:
-Great location
-Amenities are wonderful for kids.
-Quiet
-The Cabins were a good size.
-Love the deck on the back of the cabin to just sit and relax
-Beautiful grounds to go for a walk with the family
-Front desk staff is very friendly

Cons:
-The cabin was a little dirty, although no different from many hotel rooms I have stayed in. Just when you have little kids the carpet tends to make their feet and knees black.
-The bed was a little firm and the blankets weren't very comfy. Still, for being a campground, this is better than staying in a tent but you still get the experience of camping

Overall, if we were in the area again, we would definitely stay again. My kids would love the pool and water play area!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I guess it's all relevant to the person being asked...."what makes the perfect campground?". In my books the Gold Country Campground Resort would be at the top! My wife and I just spent a great weekend there in our 5th wheel for the first time. We'll be back and we'll be bringing our grandkids.

The off season rate for the Deluxe RV space, with the Good Sam discount was only $32.50 a night. The campground is very clean as were all the common areas and restrooms that we saw. The restrooms all have keypad entry (you need the code), so that helps. It's an older campground however, it's obvious that the Manager, Diane and her staff take great pride in this place. By the way, we were a bit surprised to see Diane digging a hole at a broken water supply line at the dump station on top of the hill. As we returned in the afternoon, you couldn't even tell that anybody had been digging there. Very tidy work! She's a hands on manager and her staff seem to have a lot of respect and admiration for her.

Gold Country Campground Resort (it really is a campground resort!) located on Tabeaud Rd. just a half mile off of Hwy. 88 and approx. eight miles above (east of) Jackson, California.

There is a store in the office and attached to an 8 room motel. There are also cabins and cottages as well as RV sites and tent sites but more on that later....

This Bocce Ball court is indictaive of just how clean every thing is. It looks as though somebody just ran out there with a vacum and vacumed this and the miniture golf course. Remember, this is in the woods and it's fall!

Horshoe pits, arcade.....it was open even though there were very few kids this time of year. This campground would certainly be the place to bring your kids or grandkids.

This place has the largest and the cleanest miniture golf course that I've ever saw in a campground. Other campgrounds could take some lessons here.....and they have the largest water feature park of any campground I've been to. They probably have 10-12 different water spray features for the kids. Even a room for shooting pool.....for those 18 and over....

The majority of the tent sites have a level pad for the tents....Each site has a fire ring and a nice (solid!) picnic table. The roads through the campground are nice, paved roads....The RV sites are all level as well.....The restrooms were spotless! Of course having them all on keypad entry probably goes a long way to help that....

Some of the Delux RV sites are very long and surrounded by trees. Those up on top are pretty much in a flat area, those on the edge are terraced yet the actual sites are still level....

I'm not sure what the rates are but they also have a couple of full housekeeping cottages that are very nice. They sleep six and are set up with linens, bedding, housewares, etc. Just bring yourself and the groceries and spend the week. Cottage #2 has an RV site that can be rented with the cottage, right beside it.....otherwise, this RV site isn't rented unless it goes with the cottage.

They also have a nice hiking trail that leads out from the back side of the cottage....

There are also little one bedroom with living room/kitchenette cabins for rent. The Housekeeper, Sherry gave me the tour of the cottage and cabin. She told me that all the cabins are the same however, for identification purposes, these photos were taken in Cabin #2....They each have a balcony on the backside that overlooks the forest.....

Room Tip: I would rate the recreational activities for all age groups as excellent, they seem to have things k...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I really don't want you to know about this place. This is a hidden gem, the more folks that find out how great this place is, the more I have to share-) I travel extensively for a Fortune 1000 company. So Im very picky about things like service and cleanliness. There is one negative review so it important to note that this is new ownership not related to that review. We like how spacious the campsites are, we like the location close to museums, caves and mine tours. The grounds are well cared for, and all the amenities, like the pool, mini golf, arcade room are excellent condition. Also, this would be a great retreat getaway it has plenty of rooms, cabins, tent sites and RV sites to accomadate a large group. The premium sites are amazing as they are pull throughs some with private roads to get to. Staff is knowledgable, helpful and rules like leash and noise are enforced making it a relaxing rewarding stay.

• Stayed September 2012
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We just spent 3 days tent camping at this campground. Overall, it was a good experience, but there are a few things you should know. First, the campground is on a slope. RV sites this doesn't really matter, but on Tent sites everyone ends up at one side of the tent. Next time, I would definitely ask for there flattest tent site. Second, the bathroom/shower facilities in the tent site area are older and not as clean. If you hike up hill a bit the RV sites showers/bathrooms are much nicer. The splash pad is very nice and seems new, the pool was okay but not as clean as it could be. The miniature gold course & arcade could use some updating & repairs. Overall the grounds were good, but again could use a little more up keeping. I will say our 4 & 7 year olds really liked the campground. If you decide to go to this campground I recommend going to see the Black Chasm Cave, The Indian Grinding Stone Park, and spending the day with the Roaring Mining Company.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Gold Country Campground and Resort? Share your experiences!