“Good night's rest” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Petaluma
Elk Grove, California
“Good night's rest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel, despite being just off the freeway, was quiet and uncrowded even though the place appeared to be sold out. We forgot a pair of rather-expensive shoes at the place, but after calling (a week later), they had the shoes in "lost and found" and mailed them to us (postage + a $5 charge - we'll take it). Good service, nice comfy bed, quiet. What more to ask? Well, it WAS on a weekend night, and with taxes etc. it came to $200 for the one night. So, I suppose a mid-week stay would be more reasonable. And there's no elevator FYI.

Room Tip: If you're traveling and need a ground floor room, be sure to call ahead and request one.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

In the area for meeting and can't recall if I had stayed here before ....from a chain point of view this is by far the BEST Choice hotel that I have EVER stayed at . The folks that run this really care and it shows . Had a upgrade room which was great . Bed was average . Shower could probably need a new shower head . The pool and hot tub are really well maintained . Good food within walking distance .

The staff are great and the breakfast is outstanding .

I was going to get on the road today but decided to stay another night .

• Stayed May 2013
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Very nice rooms - 2 comfy queen beds
Varied breakfast - cereals, waffles, fresh fruit and pastries
Didn;t use the swimming pool but that looked good
Best thing within 10 min walking from Lagunitas Brewery - which does tours, tastings, food, and overall great pub

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cynthia L, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
UKGailJ, your comments are priceless and we thank you so much. Lagunitas is surpisingly close to the hotel, within walking distance, and so many people enjoy their beer and facilities. There will be two smaller craft beer places opening sometime soon in the business park across from Lagunitas so stay tuned for updates. All the best and we hope to see you again.
Incline Village, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed over on a very busy Saturday evening (the place was fully booked) for a Choice-points reward stay. They let us check in early at 1:00PM. They directed us to a room that was already made up, but there was a vibration and when I went downstairs, I saw that the Ice machine was directly below room #247. The door was open to the room across the hall #248 and there was no detectable noise there and it seemed to be made up. I went back to the desk and the receptionist gladly gave us the room across the hall (248). I have found that when you have a reservation on a busy weekend that you should check in early! Why. Because early on, they can give you another room if the first selection is undesirable. If you check in late when all of the better rooms are taken, you get the room that someone else did not want.
This place is an older mid-level place but they really seem to try to do a good job at maintenance. The beds were very comfy and the sheets perfect. They have the normal under-the-window heater-A/C combi, unit. I do not like them as they wake me up when it cycles on/off, but it was a mild weather evening and we ran the heat before we turned in and shut it off for the night. It did not get too cold. The breakfast was not too bad with eggs, bacon, yoghurt, cold packaged bagels, and waffles. The coffee was quite good.

Room Tip: Check in early on a busy weekend. Do not let them put you in rom 247....unless they upgrade the insu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
El Dorado Hills, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We chose this hotel because of the reviews on TripAdvisor that were so positive. Yikes. I'm wondering if we were looking at the same place. It was an extreme disappointment. The hotel needed upgrading, smelled like smoke and was dated. Our wifi did not work in our room and when I called the front desk, they gave me a tech support phone number to call. I did and found out from tech support that hotel staff was suppose to call. Our Internet TV also did not work in the room so we could not watch TV. When I checked in, I inquired whether the room would be in a quiet area. They assured me it was. But we were at the back of the hotel by the "pet potty area" and all night I could hear people calling to their dogs. Jack in the Box was also behind us and we heard the roar of cars at the drive through half the night. The water in the shower was very difficult to regulate. The morning breakfast was awful. Cold cereal, fake eggs, yogurt, or fruit. There were no places to sit and we had to bring it back to our room. We love a good coffee in the morning and even the coffee was bad.

We have never stayed at a Quality Inn before and I can say that we never will again. It was a poor choice!

Room Tip: Do not choose the back of the hotel near the pool/Jack in the Box/pet area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cynthia L, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Pljedh, thank you for your comments and let me start out by saying you did the right thing by calling down to the front desk to ask about the Wifi and yes, we did the wrong thing by asking you to call tech support and the Guest Service agent that advised you has been re-trained on this service issue, as well as the other staff members who work at the front desk.

Your comments about our breakfast sound a little terse, we serve Yoplait yogurt, Cheerios, Raisin Bran, bacon, sausage, DIY waffles and breakfast burrito plus other items. And yes, during peak hours for breakfast it is hard to find a table but we do offer an outside patio and you can also eat around our swimming pool if you don’t mind being outside.

Obviously we can’t be all things to everyone and we don’t try to be. The one thing we do in all instances though is if the guest is not happy with the location of their room and they let us know and are willing to move to another room, we most certainly will move that guest. And please don’t be afraid to let us know at check-out what didn’t work for you. We WANT to know how we could’ve made your stay better and hope you come back so we can make it right.
Burlington, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I recently stayed at the Quality Inn in Petaluma on a recent business trip. I had read about the hotel on Trip Advisor and Expedia and thought I'd give it a try. Upon check in, I was just going to book their regular room at $89 a night, but the clerk then offered a room w/ a King bed for $109. Then they offered that if I sign up for their Choice Hotels awards card (not a credit card) that I would receive a free upgrade to their King Suite room. So I upgraded to the King Suite and they booked me in Room 221 which is located was just behind the lobby and swimming pool on the second floor. I wasn't expecting such a big room. The bedroom itself was large with a comfortable bed, but the living area was also big and with a small fridge, sink and counter. TV's in both the bedroom and living area as well as a nice work station and couch. The shower also had a jetted tub and the vanity was separate. I even took time to soak in their outdoor Jacuzzi that evening. I really enjoyed the room.....until it was time to go to bed. I couldn't believe how loud the road noise was and I was located in the farthest unit away from Hwy 101. Unfortunately the road noise was from the OLD windows that they have NEVER replaced. These single pane windows have to be 30+ years old and you can feel the wind blow though them. I even had earplugs and still didn't sleep good. So disappointing! They do offer a decent continental breakfast that had scrambled eggs, sausage, tortillas, and fresh waffles along with all the other usual items. In the end, it was a very nice room, but hard to look past the road noise issue. If they replaced the windows, I'd book the same room next time through the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I attended a nine day course in the locality, and this hotel was listed along with a number of hotels in the area. It was conveniently located both getting access to it from SFO and also getting to and from the course. Which was particularly important for me, given I had travelled internationally to attend the course. The room and parking were great. The food availability at breakfast did vary slightly, depending on the time we went down. The staff, for the most part, were exceptionally friendly. I did have frequent issues with the reliability of the wifi in the room. The first time I asked at the desk for assistance, it was resolved by Maintenance within 15 minutes. The second time, I was just told "Sorry". Aside from this intermittent incontinence, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cynthia L, Owner at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you SMJohno24 for your comments, I’m glad to hear you found our hotel convenient and affordable. I want to apologize for the unhelpful response you received the second time you had a problem with our WiFi. We realize there shouldn’t have been a second time problem. We have done two things: first, we spoke to the Guest Service Agent that mis-handled your second WiFi problem and will be re-training him to be more pro-active in finding a workable solution and certainly be more responsive to a guest especially if it is the second time for the same problem. Secondly, after bringing the problem to the attention of our WiFi provider, he has finally figured out the root of what was wrong and over the past two days he has worked remotely to push out a change (in IT parlance) to each of our guest rooms to permanently fix the problem. In addition, we will be adding more bandwidth (up to 33mgb) in the next month to accommodate the guests that are downloading more vids, games and what not.

If you live in Australia you might not be back soon but I will guarantee you that the next time you stay with us our WiFi signal will strong and vigorous

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!