“Resturaunt Review” 5 of 5 stars

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Excellent Service, prices and food. Enjoyed the whole experience

Visited June 2012

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Texas style Steakhouse in California”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Restaurants and food are very subjective. It is hard to write a good review, because everyone's taste is different. I like a good steak, but I don't like to pay an arm and a leg to get it. Fine dining is great for some folks, but for me, I'm a meat and potato kind of guy, so this style of steakhouse suits me fine. Counrty music and peanut shells on the floor are more my style I guess Cattlemen's is a chain in the Southwest. This one in Petaluma was the first one I'd seen. We took the family (daughter, son-in-law and grandkids) here for a Saturday night dinner. I enjoyed it. I liked the atmosphere. Not a black-tie, white table cloth and red-wine type of place, but that's OK. It is a little pricey, but I thought it was a good value. Being that everything in this area is expensive, I didn't really think the price was out of line for similar types of restaurants.They serve their dinner salad, "family style" meaning, you get a large bowl of salad, and eat as much as you want. I got my steak with a bowl of baked beans and a baked potato. The chocolate cake was wonderful. I did not try the ribs. I'm pretty hard to please when it comes to ribs, so I decided to go for a filet instead. It was cooked to order, and was very good. It was tender and juicy, just the way I like. The family ordered a variety of entrees and everyone seemed to be pleased with their meal. The service was good. The place was busy, but not too loud. The trend in restaurants today, is to make them loud. Supposedly it makes people think the place is "where the action is." I don't like to have to shout across the table to carry on a conversation. We didn't have to do that here. We had a pleasant evening, and a good experience. I would eat here again. We were staying at the the Quality Inn across the freeway, and took advantage of a 10% discount offered by the hotel. This helped reduce the cost of taking eight people out for dinner.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Corona, California
“Good Food but Lots of Hidden Costs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Enjoyed the food but not the price. First our bill was wrong and then we found out after the fact that every little item, like asking for peppercorn sauce and a certain type of side was a lot of extra money and the wait staff never told us that. Dinner for 4 ended up costing us close to $170.00. Felt like we got ripped off. Will never go back.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Love the meat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Want a big steak or ribs or potatos... You will leave here stuffed. All is good

Novato
“Alway's pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

If I don't want to take a risk when I take family and friends out for dinner I always end up at Cattlemen's, very good meal, good service, good price.

• Visited January 2012