“Terrific Breakfast!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
washington dc
“Terrific Breakfast!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Go to Tea Room!! You might think it is a girly place from the name. It really isn't. It is a casual, comfortable, busy place with outstanding food. Five of us hit the place and ordered, found a place to sit at about 9am on the weekend. Right after that, though, it was tough to find a place to sit. Just go - you'll love it.

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

petaluma ca
“Local favorite with gluten-free options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Now, Tea Room has added gluten-free to their pancake menu! These pancakes have a wonderful texture & taste. When I have houseguests or visitors from Marin/SF, adult or child, they insist we go to Tea Room. You don't come here for the service; much of it is do-it-yourself, but for those of us who love it, this only contributes to the feeling of "this is our place". If you want to be waited on, you'll want to go somewhere else. But the food here is just so exceptional. Want a low-cost breakfast, try the soft-boiled egg with "baton" (toasted baguette). The scones are the best in the world. If they can invent a gluten-free scone, that'll be GF heaven. In the meantime, GF people can get the delectable pancakes or eggs bennie without the homemade biscuits. Excellent espresso too.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
winthrop, ma
“disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

went here based on the reviews, to be honest there was more wrong than right, first, it is crowded, but u are required to order (and pay for) your food before you select a table, so my question is- what if the food is ready but u still don't have a table?? my feeling is - I want a table before I committ my money.. the food was a little overpriced, no menus so you have to stand at a blackboard- in everyones way- to read the menu, I forget what my husband had, he said it was pretty good, but I had some baked egg thing, which was completely raw, it took a while to get a waiters attention, by the time he brought it back my husband was done eating and my egg dish was so overcooded it was inedible.. I left, seriously- hungry, and went around the corner to a nice little grocery store and got some fruit and a muffin to hold me.

• Visited May 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Cool Locals Spot - Must Visit at least Once!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2010

What a cool restaurant. The place only takes cash and personal checks. How cool, a place that trusts you enough to take an out of a\state personal check. On to the review...their food is diverse and unique. We went for breakfast and enjoyed some omelets, granola, and some bacon. The fresh squeezed OJ was really good. This is primarily a locals spot and I would say it is worth a trip for a locals breakfast. Enjoy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Petaluma, California
“One of my favorites for...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

One of my favorites for breakfast! I especially love the salmon & cream cheese omelet! Great scones, relaxing atmosphere.