Stayed here for three nights in October and most everything was perfect. The location is near enough to wine country to be appealing, but the value compared to Napa & Sonoma area properties is good.
You get a big room with a comfortable bed. Common areas were spotless.
Service was excellent. We requested a quiet room. Two front desk folks "dickered" over which room would be best. We had a first floor room overlooking the Marina and it was wonderful. We hardly knew there were other people in the hotel. Yes, you can see the freeway bridge from that side of the building, but you can barely hear any traffic noise outside, let alone in the room.
The adjacent wetlands have a path where you can exercise & see wildlife if you desire.
Housekeeping was very good. The room was very clean and well kept.
It's true that there is no where in walking distance for dinner (other than the hotel restaurant) but it's a short trip by car to the main area of Petaluma and numerous restaurants.
The drive to wine country is not a long one and it is a nice one. You can take 116 East right from the hotel and get to Sonoma in about 30 minutes after a lovely drive through the countryside.
This place is a winner and I would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Sonoma County Petaluma is close to the area's premium wineries, spectacular Pacific beaches, dense redwood forests, and a variety of golf courses, and art galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma Hotel Petaluma
- Sheraton Petaluma
- Petaluma Sheraton
- Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma CA