“Pleasant stay at Petaluma” 4 of 5 stars

Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Petaluma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chennai (Madras), India
“Pleasant stay at Petaluma”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed at Sherataon Petaluma in June 2014 for 4 days and found the Hotel is an excellent one for the value & purpose of our visit.
We were 4 adults and 2 kids staying in 2 inter connected Rooms. Rooms were well furnished and kept claen and neat.
Houekeeping employees used to regularly visit us and check if any help or services are needed.
The front Desk people were also very courteous and helpful. They were willing to spend their time to understand the purpose of our visit and helped in identifying places suitable for kids activities.
Restaurant is unique and gives out best food as needed.
Pool is kept clean and almost by the side of Restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
David S, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Hello Nathan,

Thanks very much for commenting about your stay. I am very glad you enjoyed our rooms, restaurant and pool area and thanks for complimenting our Housekeeping and Front Desk staff.

Thanks again and safe travels!

David Scott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sherman oaks
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

When I checked in, I needed to extend my stay by a third day due to personal reasons, and the lady at the front desk did tell me that she can extend my stay herself and that I can do it on points. So she did...or so I thought-more on that later.

No club lounge access was provided for me and after I inquired why, she said it's only for spg platinum members. I had access at this time last year though. As she opened the side door to the front desk to give me the luggage cart, I explained to her I had access last year as a gold spg member and asked why it changed, but she had no response and closed the door on me. Kinda rude, no? I called spg and they had no reason either as to why I had it last year at this property and not this year.
Very confusing and inconsistent. It's not fair to provide it one year then take it away the next. One of the reasons I reserved this hotel was on the basis of access to the spg club lounge. It's very convenient and I get it at other Starwood properties all over the place as a spg gold member. That's inconsistent. I gave up complaining to them.

As soon as I got into the room, it was apparent by the look of the blankets in disarray, and some on the floor, that the room wasn't cleaned. I lugged my luggage and family outta that room then tried to call the front desk from the room, but no one answered after trying twice for about 5 minutes. Went downstairs, told them what was wrong with the room. No apology offered from that lady. She gave me a new room, but unfortunately it was the furthest from the elevator.

As I went into the new room, security lock box was not working. Called front desk twice again and no one picks up the phone again. I gave up trying to complain.

Bathroom floor towel was missing. Another annoying thing.

NOW, same lady at the front desk, 24 hours later, called me and said I have to actually call spg to extend my stay even though she said she took care of it then and there as soon as I arrived yesterday. Weird how it can't be done at the front desk. Well, as my kids are all dressed up for the pool and waiting for me, I called spg and spent 25 minutes on the phone wasting time taking care of something that I thought was taken care of already!

We all go to the pool, and unfortunately, the jets in the jacuzzi weren't working. The button doesn't work!

I got more one night at this hotel, then I'm done. This is the worst spg hotel I've ever had. It's too bad too because it was fine when I was here last year in August!

Will never come back to this shoddy service of a hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello Jared,

I am very sorry to hear of the disappointing stay you had with us this week and sorry we did not connect prior to your departure. I was hoping to discuss the issues personally with you prior to your leaving so we could attempt to resolve them or make suitable adjustments to your account. I will be following up with the team here; your experience was not acceptable and was far below our standards.

Please accept my apolgies and thank you for your feedback.

Sonoma, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

There are so many dogs that are welcome at this hotel that it is inevitable that some of their bugs get left behind in the rooms. We came home with bug bites all over. Room was wonderful, but we will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
David S, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Humanone,

Thanks very much for your comment on TripAdvisor. I am concerned you believe you were bitten while here at the hotel, perhaps as a result of the fact we are a dog friendly hotel. We have a very careful room inspection procedure that we follow when guests who have stayed with their dog depart, and if needed, special deep cleaning is done.

As we are located adjacent to both a river and a marshland, it is more likely you were affected by a possible insect bite from either of those areas. However, this is a matter I would like to discuss with you further, so if you see this response, Please call me at 707-283-2905.

Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Staying here on business for a few days my first thought was this hotel would be a great getaway hotel for a newlywed couple. It is quiet, comfortable and the service is impeccable. The food in the restaurant is really good. I'm very big on sheets, bedding, ect and the sheets here are absolutely clean, new and fresh feeling. You will sleep really good as the mattress is really comfy.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for your great review, Topdiamond!

You have mentioned one of Sheraton's primary features, our Sweet Sleeper beds and bedding. All Sheratons feature these great beds and bedding and I am glad you found them so comfortable. FYI, if you like you can shop for both the beds and bedding at this website:

www.sheratonstore.com

Thanks again and please come back soon!

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed here for a few nights on a visit to Wine Country for 30th wedding anniversary and loved it! The rooms were lovely and the beds were extremely comfortable. Staff was pleasant and the ambiance was great. Get a room on the club floor as a Starwood preferred guest - really good breakfast and nice snacks in the afternoon. The pool was terrific and a welcome break after hours of wine tasting. An easy ride to Sonoma and Napa wineries. Would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
David S, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thanks so much for your very positive review and congratulations on your anniversary! I am really glad to hear you enjoyed both the hotel and your visit to wine country. Please come back soon!

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here briefly as part of a travelling holidays. Hotel is quite nice and a fee minutes drive from the fabulous town of Petaluma. I misjudged from the pictures and thought the hotel would directly access the marina (I.e. perhaps have a bar or restaurant with outdoor terrace on it) but it doesn't.

Staff are very friendly and the facilities are good. Wifi throughout. I recommend taking the walking trail right next to the car park.

Would stay again although would probably get somewhere in the town itself.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
David S, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hello Improvised,

Thank you for your awesome review and comments! I am really glad you enjoyed our city of Petaluma and the hotel. You found the hiking trail through our adjacent wetlands and bird sanctuary, that walk is a real treat!

Safe travels back to Ireland and we hope to see you back in California soon!

the sea ranch
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I was driving late and called to book a room. Good thing, only two rooms left. They were hosting a large wedding so rooms were in short supply. My room was very nice, on the 4th floor, clean and quiet. I will stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hi Steve,

Very glad we had a room for you on one of our busy nights and that you had a very nice stay. As you live in Sea Ranch you may have an opportunity to stay with us again.

Best wishes until then,

David Scott

Been to Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma? Share your experiences!