The only reason this hotel is getting 3 stars is because I redeemed my stay with points. If I had to pay anything over $100, it would deserve less stars.
THE GOOD: The location is decent, right off the freeway. The lobby is clean. The room was a decent size, and there is free parking. I stayed on the Starwood Preferred floor, which meant free bottled waters.
THE BAD: First of all, the service, especially, the front desk service, is terrible for a Sheraton. I would have thought that I stayed at Motel 6. I called about a week before my stay to inquire about something. The front desk asked my name, and then informed me that they had cancelled my stay. Imagine the shock to find out that a hotel that I had redeemed months ago with points had been cancelled without prior knowledge. I told them my points were already creditted and I received no notice of the cancellation! After more inquiry, it turns out it was some other reservation under the same last name. You would think the front desk would be trained better to inquiry further and double checking before telling a guest that their room had been canceled a week before the visit.
Second, housekeeping was not very good. The toilet was pretty dirty when I entered. It was pretty obvious it had not been flushed or cleaned. We never got housekeeping service during our 2 night stay. We had the privacy sign until 10:00 a.m. Then, we left our room from 10 to 1. Returned from 1 to 2:30 p.m. and was gone almost the rest of the day. When we returned, our room was not cleaned. Like I said, pretty disappointing for a Sheraton. When I called to see if they could credit us with the green points, they said no. Too bad for you. The privacy sign was up during the 1 and 1/2 hour period housekeeping came by. Wow! First time this happened to me at any hotel.
Third, the bed was very uncomfortable. It hurt my back, and the air conditioning was super loud every time it came on. The one good thing is the noise level from outside was low, but when the a/c turned on, there was no way you could miss that engine starting.
So, all in all, I would not return. Service is terrible, very disppointing that this is a Sheraton brand because it was not representative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Sonoma County Petaluma is close to the area's premium wineries, spectacular Pacific beaches, dense redwood forests, and a variety of golf courses, and art galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Starwood, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma Hotel Petaluma
- Sheraton Petaluma
- Petaluma Sheraton
- Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma CA