“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was a great hotel at a good price.
I booked this on Hotwire for a great rate of $66/night. It was a great; the price made it all the more sweet.
A caveat before I begin: If you are in the Sonoma area to do wine tastings, I have to say that this is not a great location: To hit a lot of the great wineries in the Dry Creek Road/Healdsburg area, you are looking at a good 35 mile drive from the hotel to the wineries. So, considering that you won't want to/probably shouldn't drive that far after a day of tastings, you might be wise to find another hotel. Certainly there are closer wineries, but the really great ones in Sonoma - I think - are up in the northern section of Petaluma.
Too bad, because this hotel is awesome: big, comfy beds with high-quality linens. Nice bathrooms (though the shower pressure is a little lacking). Room was immaculate, and we had a great view of the marina right out of our window.
Special kudos to the housekeeping staff: Hey management: Whoever cleaned room our room on the second floor should get a raise.
Great place! Highly-recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are about what you'd expect. Clean, modern, tad bit tired... Comes with frig, no microwave. Internet is complimentary, but very slow even at wee hours of night. The hotel itself, the lobby area, etc. is quite nice. You're also about a five minute drive from downtown Petaluma, a nice place to chill and walk about!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Beverly Hills, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I arrived in the evening after sitting in traffic and was grateful to find a nice appetizer and drink service available as I booked an executive level room. I had a meeting the next morning so the delicious breakfast was icing on the cake. My room was clean and quiet. I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: My room was down the hall away from the elevator so it was quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. I wouldn't say that it is up to the standard of some other Sheratons that I've been to but we enjoyed our stay here.

We chose this hotel because it was 1) a Sheraton 2) it was close to Bodega Bay where were spending most of our day and 3) we could bring our dog without any extra charges!

The grounds overall were clean. The pool area could have used a little attention since it had a few empty plastic cups and a band-aid near the whirlpool. I appreciated the free wifi throughout and there is a Starbucks on site. The front desk staff are also the baristas and I can only imagine how crazy it can get.

The rooms were clean, nicely decorated and furnished. I have no complaints about the rooms. They offer 2 kinds of pillows and the bed was comfortable. We had a Marina view room.

The location is excellent since it is less than 30 minutes from the ocean or Napa. Having the Sheraton located along the marina was nice but it sounds nicer than it really is but I'm not knocking any points off nor am I adding any. Petaluma itself is a nice destination on its own so make sure you take the time to walk around. There is nice coffee shop in the same complex as the Sheraton and i recommend making a stop there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
hong kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We checked in late at around 10pm. As a SPG platinum member we got a room at club level facing to parking lot . Quiet enough. The only staff seemed to be happy to see us was the porter man, who was helpful. We did not see any marina 'view' even at am when we walked around, quiet different from hotel picture. We got a small view of it at the club lounge - a few docked boats with little water and highway. Overall, I gave a below average rating for the hotel for both hardware/the faculty and software/limited service in comparison to other much better served sharetons in bay area.

• Stayed January 2013
la, california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Rooms were disgusting. Far from clean. Curtains had dirty stains all over them and our pillows had BLOOD stains on them! !!!
We arrived so late that we didn't have the energy to switch rooms, so we just threw the pillows off the bed. But when I emailed Sheraton regarding their gross rooms, all they did was reactivate my Sherwood card. Umm, no thanks! How does that help how gross your rooms are , Especially for a 4 star hotel?!?! I have no idea how they got that many stars with unsanitary rooms..

That being said employees were very nice. Cute design of the building by the marina.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
davsco99, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Travel Lover,

Having just read your review I hope you will accept my sincere apolgies for your poor experience. We take pride in the quality of our rooms and our cleanliness standards and we clearly let you down. This is the first I have heard of this incident and I would like to make it right; please contact me at your convenience to discuss it.

David Scott
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

One star off for nothing special. Just felt like a typical Sheraton in a fantastic area (if great food and drink and charming small towns nestled between beautiful rolling hills is your kind of thing).

We were traveling with a small child and they gave us a larger room close to the elevator and far away from the dueling parties that were a bit raucous at the hotel that night (once in the room, we could hear nothing). Like all Sheratons, the room was clean and comfortable.

The restaurant was just so-so, especially considering the great options in town. It's not in the best part of Petaluma (to be honest it's a bit in no-man's land) but it's close (5 min drive). The town holds its own against the dozen others in the surrounding area. Go to Bovine Bakery for breakfast - delicious!

We got the room for 7,000 Starwood Points which makes it a total bargain.

Room Tip: Room 370 was larger with a good view of the marina and right next to the elevator - good for traveli...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma? Share your experiences!