“Great little spot - wonderful front desk - and fair prices” 4 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Petaluma
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5135 Montero Way, Petaluma, CA 94954   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Petaluma
California
“Great little spot - wonderful front desk - and fair prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

I booked a 2 night stay in advance of the NASCAR race weekend in nearby Sonoma, and I based my choice almost solely upon the pricing, but I did read the reviews written to make sure I wasn't going to be staying in hell.

The motel is currently being renovated a few rooms at a time, and I was given one of the newer rooms. It had a comfortable bed, a tv, and a microwave and mini-fridge so everything I needed was there. On the evening of my 2nd and last night, I inquired if it was possible to extend my stay by one more night. The woman at the front desk politely informed me that she had one room left, but that it was not one of the redone rooms, and to make sure that I was not disappointed she took me to the room (it was vacant) to show it to me. The room was clean and outfitted with the same tv, microwave & mini-fridge as my previous room so I went back to the front desk to pay for it. I was pleasantly surprised when I was offered the room at the rate I had paid for the previous 2 nights (the going rate for a Sat night was $20 more), but I declined simply because they had been so gracious.

It was on the 3rd night that I discovered I was missing a charger. I went back to the front desk & asked if it had been found by housekeeping after I checked out of my original room, but I was told nothing had been turned in. Just in case housekeeping had come across it but not notified them, they took my cell number. Imagine my surprise when they followed up with a call the next day after housekeeping staff returned to work to inform me that no one had found the charger! I found it later upon my return home, but I was impressed with their committment to service and very friendly attitude.

I didn't use the pool, but it looked inviting. And, there was lots of parking every night....with spots to spare. I would recommend this motel to anyone who is looking for a clean, fairly-priced, and well-run establishment. It's convenient location right off of highway 101 with an Applebee's, Starbuck's, and gas station right around the corner are welcome bonuses.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Grant City Mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

This was a nice clean, quiet place. It was within walking distance to several fast food places and 2 chain restaurants, and a Starbucks. We stayed 4 nights while visiting my brother. the price for 4 nights was equal to one night in the upscale hotels. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Castle Rock, Co
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2009

After staying in San Francisco ,my husband and I wanted to check out Sonoma. Instead of paying $200 to stay at a hotel in Sonoma, we paid about $50 to stay here. It was about a 20 minute drive to a winery in Sonoma and was such a great deal. This hotel was very nice for how much we paid. It was clean, had a nice shower, comfortable bed, and was relatively quiet (the highway was close, but that didn't keep up from sleeping). They are renovating the hotel. We must have got a new room because everything was very nice. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. If you're looking for a reasonable place to stay that isn't expensive and is a small drive from wine country, I recommend this spot.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Petaluma? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Petaluma

Address: 5135 Montero Way, Petaluma, CA 94954
Location: United States > California > Sonoma County > Petaluma
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Swimming Pool
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Petaluma
Hotel Class:2 star — Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Petaluma 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Petaluma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Petaluma Hotel Petaluma
Americas Best Value Inn And Suites Petaluma
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Petaluma CA - Sonoma County

If you own or manage Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Petaluma, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.