The location of Costanoa is spectacular. Right along the northern California coast with windswept beaches, a colony of elephant seals, beautiful wildlife right outside your door. The restaurant is great, the "camp" store is stocked full of great food and fun gifts, and the meeting facilities are good for a group of 20-30. The lodge was a bit of a surprise, though. The lobby is warm and inviting with wood beams, fireplace, etc. and the staff are super-friendly. The rooms are really stark, though! Poured concrete vanity in the bathroom with very little room for your toiletries, minimal decor, industrial-looking bedside table/shelves. And, the bed was pretty hard. I couldn't help chuckling to myself about whether camping with my extra egg-crate foam pad might not be softer.... OK one other nit. There is almost no cell service and a super-sketchy wifi that barely worked, and few outlets in the room for all my gadgets. I know I'm supposed to be getting away from it all, but I was at Costanoa on a business retreat and it was pretty unacceptable that none of us could contact our offices. That being said, the rooms are clean, there's a hot tub right outside the door, and you wake up to gorgeous views of the rolling hills down to the ocean. I would come here again if I wanted to get away to a beautiful patch of coastline, away from all the distractions of modern life. But I wouldn't do a business event here, again, and I might bring my egg crate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Forget rough and rugged camping, here you can camp in luxurious style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Costanoa Coastal Lodge & Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costanoa Coastal Lodge & Camp Hotel Pescadero
- Costanoa Coastal Lodge And Camp
- Costanoa Lodge