“Golfers' Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Pebble Beach
Brisbane, Australia
“Golfers' Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We were there last week for 2 nights. The room is spacious with a nice bathroom & fireplace (proper fireplace with real woods). We got 2 "queen" size beds although I thought they are more of double rather than queen size ( however bed & pillows were very comfortable & I slept really well both nights). The Lodge itself is a very scenic & beautiful place. My partner enjoyed playing golf there (2 sessions in 1 day!), he reckons that's so far his favorite golf spot. As I have no interest in golf, I went for 10 km run along the beach & watching some seals sun baking on the beach as well as very "friendly" squirrels looking up at people for food. I also had a massage (50 minutes) at The Spa in The Lodge that I thought was nice but over priced at $155 (before service charge of 20%). Make sure have evening and / or afternoon drinks at The Bench in front of the fire-pit & watch the Golfers finishing up their 18th hole or enjoying the view and the sunset. We had a couple of dinners at The Tap Room, food was average (my partner ordered a $79 Kobe beef fillet 8 oz) that was a tad bit over cooked ( he ordered medium rare), service was a bit slow too. But overall we were pleased with the whole experience of The Lodge & would recommend it.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I am married to a golfer hence the visit. It is difficult to describe the property. The Lodge is an institution and so historically it has worth. The rooms are absolutely spotless, with excellent amenities and we had a spectacular oceanview of the 18th hole. The service is excellent. They have absolutely tried to keep up with the times with large tvs, glorious log fires but the rooms are a bit tired and not what you would expect for the price charged. I didn't like the fact that you have to walkup ourside staircases to your room in the separate buildings, but we had a lot of rain and it wasn't warm. We wanted an ocean view and I am still aggravated that they wouldn't confirm a king bed UNLESS we took the most expensive ocean view room. We could have had 2 queens had we not paid up. They have you over a barrel because of the golf. There is coffee and tea making facilities in the room also. See restaurant reviews. We also had to hang around when we came to leave while they located my husband's golf clubs which had been left at Spanish Bay and it delayed our departure considerably. We visited Post Ranch Inn and there is simply no comparison if you are not a golfer!!!!! The old man has ticked the Pebble box.

Room Tip: The more you pay the better the room. Simple as that.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

“Absolutely fabulous!”

8 of 5 Starts

The staff elevate this beautifully appointed Resort with their genuine care and attention that is thoughtfully orchestrated and delivered with a personal touch. Their professional yet relaxed style of hospitality was refreshing to experience. The room was very well laid out, immaculately clean, an amazing bed,...so comfortable! Wonderful linens and fabrics, & in room amenities 2nd to none other. That’s impressive! Three meals in the Tab Room and always delicious and the service excellent as well. The manner in which they handled our golf tournament, while it didn't improve my game, is the finest golf experience anywhere (i have played the top 10 Golf Courses in America over the past 3 years and none better). Friendly, attentive and attended to our every need. A memorable week topped off with the genuine manner in which they serve each and every guest. Just confirms that that the finest Resorts in America arent likely to be Forbes 5 Star.

Room Tip: Any room at any of the three Resorts works..........all have views, yet in on goes to Pebble Beach a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

What can I say? It is the Mecca of Golf and it doesn't disappoint. Not something I could do every year, but even with my ridiculously high expectations they exceeded them. Played Pebble, Spyglass, Spanish bay and Bayonet with my son. Get a caddie - don't minimize the experience. Tremendous golf and spectacular service - The Lodge will treat you like royalty.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms at the Lodge are the same - it's all about the view. The rooms facing 18 are...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Traveled with four couples to Pebble Beach Lodge. Rooms were very clean and beds were very comfy. Views over the 18th green were insane with sounds of ocean waves crashing all day/night long off our balcony. The Spa was wonderful and we all enjoyed our treatments (The Royal Treatment with honey massage was amazing). The guys were in heaven on the courses. Service was top-notch everywhere from restaurants to front desk to room service. Can't wait to return!!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong....all have amazing views!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Tracy, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I originally planned on staying only 2 nights but had such amazing service we stayed on more night. I was waiting for the NCGA package to pop up again and took advantage of it. This will be a minimum once a year trip for me, possibly twice a year. Jenna checked my wife in as I played Spanish Bay the first day. She took amazing care of us and our room was room ALVARADO 158 right on the 18th hole overlooking the ocean. AMAZING! Breathtaking... Top notch service. Our room was equipped with a real wood burning fireplace which we used each night. During the day it was 80* the best string of weather in months!

We ordered food all over the resort, The Bench was nice and relaxing after my round at Pebble. We shared a brick oven Pizza. Avoid the sausage pizza though...way too greasy. Other than that though every meal was above average in taste. My wife got a massage when I played PB. She said it was one of the best massages she has ever had. And we get a couples massage once a month. It was a Russian lady that massaged her. Overall our experience is a 10/10. Way more than satisfied, one of the best getaways we have ever taken. Can't wait to come back.

If I could change one thing... It would be to have more comfortable beds. Other than that...its perfect!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Cary, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We spent 3 days over Thanksgiving here and it was amazing. They upgraded our room to a large king suite overlooking the first tee. It was fun to sit on the balcony and watch groups go off, knowing how nervous they were (as I was when teeing off there). The room was great, as was the service from every staff member.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Lodge at Pebble Beach? Share your experiences!