“A Dream Come True and Ready to Return!” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Lodge at Pebble Beach to your Saves list
The Lodge at Pebble Beach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 17-Mile Drive, Pebble Beach, CA 93953   |
Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Pebble Beach
“A Dream Come True and Ready to Return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stumbled upon this gorgeous gem in Pebble Beach when we had to evacuate Yosemite National Park due to heavy smoke over Labor Day Weekend. This is a beautiful property that sits on the coastline only 10 minutes from Carmel. The hotel rooms are simply perfect.......large rooms and comfy beds, magnificent stone fireplace in each room, large bathrooms, etc. We had the garden view. We would choose ocean view next time but we were fortunate to get anything on a holiday weekend last minute! Service was magnificent! Impressive lobby that overlooks the Pacific Ocean. Great restaurants and super shopping. Be sure and visit their wine store on property. Have a wonderful selection of wine for every wine snob in the group. We are already planning our return to Pebble Beach soon and very soon. My husband did not play golf while there due to it being a holiday weekend (no tee times we were sure) but he was certainly drooling. But I did check out the spa and would return there in a NY minute. Love, love this place. Can't say enough about it! I encourage you to go and check it out for yourself! Rooms are pricey ($800+) but worth it for the hotel snob in me! Enjoy!

Room Tip: Check out their tavern there. Oh, my goodness.....food is delish! Also there was another restaurant...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed 3 nigths and the only reason to stay here is the marveleus wiev !
The Hotel standard is very disapointing it looks from the outside like a cheape townhouse. Nothing luxerurios inside, just a run down. The service is next to nothing, at dinner the staff did not pay much attention to our table and because we were 8 at the table they charged 20pct. In tips . The next day we had to wait 45 minutes to get our reserved table, as the previus People's did not leave, on top of that the Hostess in the Restaurant were very unpolite and told us she could not do anything about it. My advice it is not value for the money they ask. This is Broadway with a lot of people comming just to have the wiev of the 18th Hole. So outside our room was like the most visited Place - nothing private for the guests here. It is All about money - and they must earn a lot here. The only great thing were the Golf Course and it was a fantastic experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The units at Pebble Beach are all gorgeous with either Golf Course, Garden, or Ocean Views. The fireplace in each unit is very nice, and the rooms are modern with a large flat screen television above the fireplace, couch, chairs, comfy beds, and a bathroom with marble floors and counters. The balcony has a nice sitting area with chairs to enjoy the views. Service is very good at the Lodge, and most everything is in walking distance from your room. If not, no worry they will send a golf cart for you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Paradise Valley, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were ale to check into a beautiful room in the Alvarado section of the lodge by 2:00. (We had lunch on the 18th green while waiting.) the room was spacious, well decorated, had a wood burning fireplace for after the fog rolled in and it got chilly, separate dressing area from the bathroom, plenty of drawer space, wet bar, desk with cabinets, comfy sofa and chairs and a view of Stillwater Bay and fhe 18th green from our balcony. We were surprised by the hotel manager with champagne as well as dog treats that came in a doggie bowl with welcome cards for our pooch. This is a first-class resort with all the extra touches.

Room Tip: I'd recommend room 149 on the second level. Elevator right outside.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We recently took two rooms at the resort for a special occasion. I booked with an on-site reservationist who was able to answer any questions I had about where our rooms would be located within the resort as one of our party was unable to walk long distances. We were also traveling with our two dogs. They certainly took note of our requests and our needs were met above and beyond expectation. The location is spectacular, so the view from our Ocean View room was breathtaking - the primary reason for our stay at this resort - we are not golfers. The accommodations were fairly traditional in style, spacious and bright rooms with high ceilings, extremely comfortable beds, with soft bed linens. There was a seating area with sofa, armchair and good sized table to dine at, had we chosen to have room service. We found the on-site restaurants good and having stayed in nearby Carmel recently, were happy on this occasion to spend most of our time at the resort. The spa and pool are not located right by the main Pebble Beach buildings but a little further away on the property, so that might be a consideration for some travelers. We stayed 3 nights over July 4th weekend and the weather was very cloudy and grey thanks to the marine layer along the California coast in the summer time, however, I have to say, that it is an area of such natural beauty, that it didn't bother us in the least. Pebble Beach is not inexpensive, but I knew we were paying for the view, nor is it a newer resort so I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and comfort of the accommodations. The staff were very helpful and attentive and we can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Talk to a reservationist on-site. Some upper rooms accessed by stairs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Hosted 2 foursomes to three days of golf (Spanish Bay, Spyglass and Pebble) during June. Once you arrive, everything is in someone else's hands and you simply enjoy. The Lodge itself (sleeping rooms, dining, bars) are outstanding and extremely well run. The golf, including the support staff at all the courses, is beyond all expectations. If anyone feels the price is too high, once you experience it, you will wonder why you waited. It was such a success, we immediately booked 3 foursomes for next year and have no doubt it will be even better than our first visit. By the way, if you want the impossible done, ask the folks who manage the Concierge desk. They are flawless.

Room Tip: Room #104 has outstanding patio from which you can enjoy a glass of wine while watching foursomes fi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was my third trip to Pebble and the second time I stayed at the Lodge at Pebble Beach. In a word, Pebble Beach is HEAVEN. A good friend and I decided to treat our dads to the trip for a Christmas present. We played in the Cleveland Golf Father-Son Golf Tournament. The tournament aspect made the trip super cool. It meant that my dad played longer tees and I played shorter tees than we would have picked -- but it was cool regardless. If you are looking for a great experience, do the Father-Son tourney!

We were there at the end of February, which is always dicy because of the weather. We were very lucky, it was a little chilly, but the weather was great. Pebble Beach is -- first and foremost -- about the golf. We played Spyglass, Spanish Bay, and Pebble. They were all in amazing condition and are spectacular. I don't think Spanish Bay gets the credit it deserves as a great course. It is clearly below the two marquee courses, but I think it's a better course than Bandon Trails -- for example. I suspect the golf purists don't like the routing through condos, but the holes by the water easily offset those.

Pros:
- GOLF, GOLF, GOLF, GOLF
- The caddies at Pebble are fantastic. Knowledgeable. Fun. They know their job is to help you enjoy the experience of playing Pebble -- and they do a great job. My dad didn't want a cart or to walk. I convinced him to walk with a caddy: He loved every minutes of it. Thanks, guys!
- The rooms: My dad and I shared a 2-queen ocean view room overlooking the 18th green. We were on the first floor, which meant we didn't have a great view, but we had a great patio. The afternoon weather was great, so we sat out on the patio a couple of times. The rooms are luxurious, but homey. I don't hangout in hotel rooms very often, but I could hangout in those rooms with a good book for hours. The bathroom and showers are great too!
- The fireplaces: A wood-burning fireplace that gets cleaned and restocked everyday is my dream. We made a fire every night. It was great!
- The food: We ate dinner in the Grill Room, Peppoli, and the new Stillwater Grill. Everything was great! The food is a little expensive, but not bad for the quality and the experience. We got a great bottle of a local pinot noir at Peppoli, which has become my go to "good wine." We had breakfast every morning at the Gallery, which had great food.
- The service: The people are GREAT. Everyone is friendly and you get the sense they want to help you have a great time. Whoever is managing the people is doing a great job. Well done!
- The Peter Hay course is a lot of fun after a long day on the links. They were out of logo balls! You'd think Pebble would know how to take my money, but I couldn't buy a logo ball for my collection!
- Shopping: I am not a shopper, but even I get sucked into their amazing shops. I spent almost $1K, and still didn't get nearly all the stuff I wanted! I was surprised they didn't sell the amazing Pepper Plant California Hot Sauce that they use in the restaurants. I got an omelet everyday just to cover in that sauce -- AMAZING!
- Walking: I walked around the grounds every morning. There is something special about the spot. I love it…

Cons:
- I would have liked a better view. The ground floor and big plants meant I really couldn't see the ocean from my ocean view room. As I said, the patio mitigated my disappointment.
- The Gallery staff felt overwhelmed in the mornings. We had a long wait one morning because they got 5-6 groups at the same time. Trying to get golfers on the course means they should probably hire another waitstaff or two.
- I can't even mention price as a con. The experience was worth every penny!

If you are a golfer, go to Pebble. At least once. I will never forget my dad and I both parring #7 or my dad skirting the cliffs on #10 or my dad and I both going OB on 15th -- yea, even that is a good memory!

Room Tip: Splurge and get a room overlooking the 18th green. Whether you'll only go once or whether you g...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Lodge at Pebble Beach? Share your experiences!