“FANTASTIC !!! Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Pebble Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“FANTASTIC !!! Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at the Lodge for 4 days this had to be the best service i have ever recieved in my life. The gentleman at the front desk Travis,was so helpful,polite, a refreshing smile just a very nice young man.Thank you Travis keep up the good work we apperciate you. I hope your employer is good to you.
See you next time!

Room Tip: Ask for Travis, excellent guest service!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

202 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Old Saybrook, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

And I wasn't here to play golf. My wife and I were attending a conference and couldn't pass up the chance to return to Pebble Beach again. We ended up with an oceanfront room, literally just a wedge shot from the 18th green. Though we were disappointed to find 2 Queen beds instead of a King, it certainly didn't spoil our trip. After all we still sleep together. Our room was quite nice with a real fireplace, sitting area, marble bath & shower, makeup table and various amenities. The staff throughout the resort have been helpful, friendly and generally wonderful. This has been a stay to remember.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

If you want to get a tee time months in advance, you need to stay at the Lodge. Since we were on a very tightly planned golf trip, there was no other option than to stay here. The pros of the lodge are that the accommodations are nice, that the location is as convenient as one can imagine, and that the food at the restaurants is very good.

The rooms are OK. Nothing spectacular, really. Our room was right on the 1st fairway, so that was cool. The room had a functioning, wood burning fireplace, which was cool. Bathroom is all marble and nice and bedding was good. In the bathroom, only oddity was that there was no fan. That can be kind of a problem if you know what I mean.

As far as food goes, we ate dinner right in front of the fireplace at the Lodge where you can order from both the Tap Room and Stillwater Grill menus at the same time AND you have access to the full bar. That was a great experience. We ordered sushi appetizers and I then went with pan seared cod, which was fantastic. Their cocktails are excellent and we ordered some 2006 Heitz which was very good with dinner. Breakfast was eaten right across from the first tee box and it was what one would expect. Solid but unspectacular.

The bad news about the Lodge (and Pebble Beach Resort) is that everything is crazy expensive. Since PB mandates that you can only reserve a tee time way in advance by staying there, they have no incentive to price rooms relative to the competition. Result is that rooms are regularly well over $700/night. When you combine that with a round of golf that will set you back $500 plus a caddie or greenfee (another $80 + $25-$50 tips), you are looking at North of $1300 for a night of hotel and a round of golf. That's really nuts by any standard. The food is also very expensive across the board, although it doesn't hurt quite as badly after you have already shelled out $1300 for hotel and golf.

I would say that this was really a once-in-a-lifetime trip if for no other reason than doing it frequently will make you bankrupt :) Next time, I would op to stay a few more days, play 18 holes a day, stay in Carmel/Monterey and try to arrange tee times close-in so that I wouldn't have to stay at the Lodge purely for cost reasons.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

This has been on our life's to do list for years and it was a blast! We needed to stay 2 nights to be able to book Pebble Beach a few months out. The price hurts a little but it was excellent and glad we did it. We booked a standard room in the Lodge (they called it Lodge Garden), no view of ocean or golf course but we had a private garden patio with a water feature, very relaxing! Things started off wonderful with Terry, our bellman who gave us a quick tour of the property, we were early and could not check in before the tee time. The room was huge, sitting area, fireplace, large bath with separate shower and tub. Clean. We were in McComas Building which is just steps from the pro shop, the main Lodge and the shopping. Very easy to run up to The Gallery Restaurant and bring back pastries and breakfast sandwiches to enjoy on the patio at your own leisure. Played Pebble with a caddie, Chris was fantastic, and I would definitely recommend doing this, you'll get tips you wouldn't figure out otherwise. 17 Mile Drive was fun to do and I can't wait to watch the AT&T now that I'm familiar with where everything is. Something we will remember for a long time!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bridgewater MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I tagged along on a friend's business trip otherwise this place is well beyond my budget. It was amazing. The staff was kind, the spa extremely pricey but if you are splurging anyhow then I think you should plan on a visit to the spa. The SPA was beyond amazing. Negatives for what you are paying (which I wasn't) 4:00 p.m. check in is unreasonable. Also maybe because it is a golf resort then it is geared to that but I would have liked to know that there was a gym. Okay maybe I wouldn't have gone but I would have liked to know it existed. Tip: for those of us that don't have massive amounts of cash the Pebble Beach Market is a great alternative for sandwiches and deli fare. I did shop at the lodge as well every staff member was amazingly polite and friendly.

Room Tip: We had an amazing room with a fireplace and an outdoor jacuzzi. The bathroom was the nicest bathroo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I give it zero star if I could!!!!! Came here for a mini vacation with my husband on a 3 days weekend... Unfortunately, the only memorable experience is disappointment after disappointment! We got to the hotel at 10am on Sat... The staff at the front desk told us the room was not ready yet which was fine b/c my husband had a tee time at 11:45am... We had our luggage checked in and we were told to go check in at the front desk after our round of golf. At 5:00pm we checked in and got our key and the bellman took us to our room but the minute we opened the door we saw instead of a king size bed which we have requested, we were given a 2 queen size bed room. The bellman immediately apologized and called the front desk to find out what happened. Then we were told they will switch us to a king size bed the next day and all we had to do was to call the front desk to take care of our begs and move us to the new room. Sunday morning we called the front desk to ask the status of our room switching situation after my husband returned from golf. First the staff told us there was no room available then after getting organized he told us the manager had reserved a room with light size bed for us... So we were told to leave our bags with the bellman and just check back in when we return from our outing. When my husband went to get the key to the new room at 3:40pm.. He was told by the front desk staffs that the room is not ready and no check in before 4:00! I have never been to any hotels that is this disorganized! We pay $800+/night and instead of memorable stay experience.. We got upsetting and disappointment experience! When I went and complain.. They said king size bed is not guarantee.. If it's not.. Why did your stupid staffs at the reservation department guarantee guests during the reservation?! Then knowing the fact that you guys already messed up and that you will need to switch our room why there was no rush order for the house keeping to clean up the room so it would be ready when we returned?! Check out time is 12:00pm.. So it took 4 hrs for house keeping to clean?! Everything was excuses after excuses and seriously bull crap! I have stayed at many high end hotels.. This is the first time to have such horrible experience!!!! I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE OR RETURN EVER IN MY WHOLE LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We usually stay at low to mid-priced hotels. But for once in our life we went top shelf. And WOW ! Mystical....magical.....I was continually amazed that I was even there...walking the hallowed grounds. Service was great ! No need to tip. Resort is much smaller than I imagined. A must take is the bagpiper at sundown at Spyglass...around the fire pits. We played one round at Pebble. Better than I imagined. Walk and take a caddy. Our caddy, Pat, was great ! Helped my son's game, pointed our the local history and residents. We had a great weather day. Lots of photos taken and we still finished in 4:30. The room was awesome ! Look out my front door on the 1st tee. Look out my slider onto the Pacific. Yes, its pricey. But take out the home equity loan and treat yourself !

Been to The Lodge at Pebble Beach? Share your experiences!