“Impeccable service” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 17-Mile Drive, Pebble Beach, CA 93953   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Pebble Beach
“Impeccable service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

From the time I arrived to the time I left, the service by the staff was impeccable. Upon arriving, Tony, the doorman, took care of everything. I arrived early (8am) to play golf and my room was not ready. Tony helped me unload my clubs and told me to come by the front desk after my round to get my keys. I did as instructed and found that he had removed my bags from my car and placed them in my room along with a note telling me where he had parked my car (just steps away from my room). While First impressions are important, this impression set the standard for great customer service.

Everything about the resort is fantastic and while the prices are high, the service liVes up to the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Door County, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We recently stayed 3 nights at The Lodge. It was a special birthday gift that I arranged for my husband so that he could golf one of his dream courses. Upon check-in we were escorted to our room. One look through the patio doors and our jaws both dropped. The view was magnificent! We had a full view of the bay and a direct line of site to the 18th green. A chilled bucket of champagne was waiting for us, so after traveling all day we sat on our patio soaking up the view and sipping bubbly. Not bad. The room itself was one of the prettiest I've had anywhere in the world. Start with luxurious bed and bath, add a cozy sitting area and a wood-burning fireplace and you've got pretty much anything you'd want. We ate at several of their restaurants during our stay. All were excellent. And since I'm not a golfer I took advantage of the spa one day - also excellent. Staff throughout was of the highest service level. We were sad to leave when our 3 days were done - truly a special experience!

Drayton Valley, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

From check-in to check-out The Lodge at Pebble Beach was amazing. This was a bucket list trip for my husband and I as well as 20th wedding anniversary and his 50th Birthday. The Lodge and it's staff are second to none. Whether you were a guest or just stopping by to take a look at this world renowned facility you were treated like royalty. The main building has been renovated and is gorgeous. The restaurants, outdoor patio with fireplaces, reception areas are all first class. We were upgraded upon arrival to a Oceanfront Suite. The view and the accommodation were nothing we had ever experienced and we have travelled extensively. Two balconies, two fireplaces, seperate bedroom, living area, dining area, walk in closet , beautiful bathroom, separate vanity and a bottle of champagne to celebrate our special occasion. The golf course was spectacular. Views, location, condition and staff from the club house to the caddy were extrordinary. This was supposed to be a once in a lifetime trip but it was too good to only do once. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Pebble Beach is one of the most picturesque coastlines out there, in my opinion. We stayed at the Lodge for 3 nights and enjoyed all the luxury that goes along with it. The buildings themselves are older but the rooms are charming and spacious. We had a fireplace in ours that was all set up and ready each night. The main reception area is right off a couple of dining choices and a balcony that overlooks the 18th hole. Breathtaking.
We ate at Roy's at Spanish Bay (Spanish Bay and The Lodge are under the same ownership), which was excellent but very high end. For more casual fare, the Tap Room is at the Lodge which is a crowded pub offering comfort foods. Everything at this resort is pricey... but that's Pebble Beach and what we expected.
I went to the spa for a pedicure which was really great- fireplaces, hot lavendar pillows, etc.. My friend had a massage and a facial and she enjoyed that as well. Definitely a splurge though.
My husband golfed at Spanish Bay, Spyglass and Pebble Beach and said Pebble Beach truly is the best golf course he has ever been on. All 3 of them were amazing according to him (I'm not a golfer so can't say anything aside from how beautiful it was). So we loved our stay there and consider it one of those once in a life time deals that will cost you, but is worth it in the end

Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Excellent choice for fathers(or Mother's Day) brunch! Enter off. Ocean Avenue in Carmel or Highway 168 in Pacific Grove. Dont forget your camera and savor the spectacular views. Make it a round trip for no additional charge.

Room Tip: 17 mile drive costs 9.75 per car, but is well worth it!
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed in one of the Lodges at Pebble Beach - the room was stunning and even had a log fire, which we lit in the evening. Our view was of the First Tee on the famous P.B. Golf Course. We had lunch on the verandah at The Lodge and ate in the Stillwater Cove Restaurant. The food was delicious and the staff were so friendly. There are some lovely designer shops in the grounds and we bought wine in the Market Shop.
The 17 Mile drive is breathtaking and the town of Carmel has the most super eating places, art shops, etc. I would recommend this holiday, not just for lovers of golf, but for everyone who loves stunning scenery.

Room Tip: Ask for an outlook which shows Stillwater Cove
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed at The Lodge for 3 nights over Presidents Day weekend. We were surprisingly upgraded to an 18th green/ocean view after I couldn't take advantage of the free golf round offered with the 3 night package. The room was older but that only added a rustic charm and the view was incredible, especially at sunrise. The atmosphere was less prentionous the we had expected and thus we probably over-dressed a little for the trip; wish I'd brought some jeans. The staff was courteous and attentive at all levels; not overly so but paying adequate attention if you had a puzzeled look or a question.
The only down-side that kept this from being a 5 star rating were the tourists. I can't blame the resort or the visitors from wanting to see such a famous golf course or the property, but the tour buses start unloading around 10:00 and it is a steady stream in front of your lanai all day long. Don't plan on sitting and reading a book while basking in the incredible view; unfortunately this is not the place for that. Ah, but after the tourists leave it is back to an incredible place to spend the weekend; Great golf, good food and a romantic setting.

Room Tip: Ask for the 18th fairway view and you may have less 'visitors' than being on the green.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Lodge at Pebble Beach? Share your experiences!