“Pebble Beach and Spanish Bay” 4 of 5 stars

The Lodge at Pebble Beach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 17-Mile Drive, Pebble Beach, CA 93953   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Pebble Beach
Long Island, NY
“Pebble Beach and Spanish Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed for just one night. We stayed in a garden view room on the ground floor. The room was beautiful, very clean and fully stocked, with a real fireplace all set up to be lit. I would have expected nothing less. We went to the Lodge for a before dinner drink and was disappointed, the lobby was crowded and Tap Room was worse. We had dinner reservations at Spanish Bay so we decided to catch the shuttle instead. The lobby in Spanish Bay was massive, plenty of couches, a fireplace and even outdoor firepits. With waiter service we were able to get 2 cocktails before dinner. If we were going to stay again, which we said we would, we will stay at Spanish Bay.

Room Tip: If staying in the garden view rooms be sure to get ground floor, anything higher you'll be looki...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at The Lodge at Pebbles Beach for two nights in August 2012. The entrance gate to Pebbles is amazeing, you feel that Pebbles has that wow factor and a stay here will not dissapoint you. The staff is serviceminded and friendly. The Lodge with its restaurants is exclusive and with a fantastic golfing atmosphere. Our room was bigger than expected with a nice sofa and extra seating groupe. The bathroom had everything you expect with marble details. We had a room with seaview and a beatiful balcony. Just loved it.

We played golf at both Pebbles Beach and The Links at Spanish Bay. The weather was colder than expected, around 10 degrees celcius, with some headwind. My Golfeing dream was fullfilled and I'm sure I'll come back. It's costly but priceless to stay here If you're a golfer, a must for everybody.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We have stayed at the Pebble Beach resorts before but this was the first time at the Lodge. We had a ground floor room adjacent to the famous 18th green which was perfect for us two golfers. We really liked the service everywhere from the moment we arrived. We felt as if we really mattered. Liked the fact that the soft drinks and snacks in the room were complimentary. We did use the fireplace on two evenings which gave the already very comfortable room that special touch. We ate at Roy's on the first evening. The food was great and they took care of my gluten-free diet - AND remembered every time we ate in the resort. We ate Thanksgiving dinner, a new experience for us, in Peppoli. Great food and service despite the fact the restaurant was packed. If you are a golfer this place is a must.

Room Tip: If you are a golfer, a room facing the 18th green is a must.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Great service from the moment we arrived. James the concierge went out of his way (and yes, I know it's his job) to make us feel welcome. I often find hotel service a little 'fake' - but not here. They truly do seem to want you to have a great stay. Our room was superb, the food was great, and the golf course was, well - Pebble Beach... We had high expectations going in that were difficult to meet, but they were blown away with everything we experienced. I even forgot my passport in the room and they couriered it to me at the SFO airport (for only a small charge). Kudos - this bucket list trip will not be our last - we will be back as it was worth every penny.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Pebble Beach was on the bucket list to play gplf. We found we needed to stay 2 nights to play on Pebble Beach course. I felt the price was over the top when i booked however the golfing experience made up for the cost. We had a garden view room which was fine as we spent very little time in the room. The room was a very good size with room for decent sized lounge furniture and open fire. We played golf at Spyglass and Pebble Beach, both spectacular courses. We ate at Roy's at Spanish Bay which was great. Be there in time for the sunset and sit outside around the open fires with a drink and watch the sunset. We also at at The Bench at Pebble Beach where we were disappointented with the ambience, the food was fine.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you are considering splurging on yourself or your wife for that "bucket" list trip, you must consider The Lodge at Pebble Beach. I had the pleasure to visit this past June and experience the tradition like none other. My wife does not golf but she was blown away by the sheer beauty of coast line at Pebble and the 17 mile drive. While staying at the Lodge, the staff provides you with a "FREE" two hour use of a Lexus vehicle! What hotel gives you that experience?? We used it to visit Carmel which is just down the road. We drove that area along with the 17 mile drive. The staff upgraded our room with a view of the 18th - spectacular. The rooms are stately and my wife is still looking to buy the same mattress and sheets as what they provided. The bathroom had a sitting area along with a separate sink, shower and tub. It even had a fireplace. They even provide complimentary snacks and drinks in the room - nice touch. A great tip - my wife and I would take strolls in the early morning along the cart path of PB. It is after all, a public course and it is quite the site to see a sunrise from the 18th tee box. Although the overall trip was expensive, it is in a league that I normally do not get to experience - but well worth it. Service was great and the location even better. Need I say the golf was great?? I like it when you gather at the first tee, people watching as you tee up, the starter announcing your name - felt like I was playing the Pro Am.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upgrade that has a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

If you are a golf player, you have to make the trek to Pebble Beach. I stayed at The Lodge in Pebble Beach and it was spectacular. I wish I could give 6 stars for location!! If possible, try and get a room on the 18th hole, it is very convenient and has a fantastic view. If you are playing golf for the first time be advised that the course is cart path only. It is truly designed for walking. I would suggest getting a caddie, (an extra $80 per player not including tip but truly worth it). The Lodge also provides shuttle service to the Inn at Spanish Bay and the Spyglass golf course. Spyglass is also cart path only and I would advise carrying your bags if you forgo the caddie. If you are playing multiple courses, ask the pro shop and they will transfer your clubs so they are there waiting for you at each course.
The Tap room is a great steak and bar located at The Lodge. You will likely see celebrities or dignitaries. Great steaks and exceptional wine list. In the Lodge there is also a new restaurant called The Bench, very nice and a bit more modern-signature dish is the coffee-rubbed steaks-also great wine list. The Bench has fire pits in the patio which overlooks the 18th green. Cigar friendly usually after 9pm
Must not forget to mention the Inn at Spanish bay has a bagpipe player at sunset in their patio...very interesting.

Room Tip: Ask for something near the 18th hole. It is very convenient and has fantastic views.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Lodge at Pebble Beach? Share your experiences!