“Amazing place to stay and play golf” 5 of 5 stars

The Lodge at Pebble Beach
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 17-Mile Drive, Pebble Beach, CA 93953   |
Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Pebble Beach
Auckland Central, New Zealand
“Amazing place to stay and play golf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Pebble Beach was on the bucket list to play gplf. We found we needed to stay 2 nights to play on Pebble Beach course. I felt the price was over the top when i booked however the golfing experience made up for the cost. We had a garden view room which was fine as we spent very little time in the room. The room was a very good size with room for decent sized lounge furniture and open fire. We played golf at Spyglass and Pebble Beach, both spectacular courses. We ate at Roy's at Spanish Bay which was great. Be there in time for the sunset and sit outside around the open fires with a drink and watch the sunset. We also at at The Bench at Pebble Beach where we were disappointented with the ambience, the food was fine.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you are considering splurging on yourself or your wife for that "bucket" list trip, you must consider The Lodge at Pebble Beach. I had the pleasure to visit this past June and experience the tradition like none other. My wife does not golf but she was blown away by the sheer beauty of coast line at Pebble and the 17 mile drive. While staying at the Lodge, the staff provides you with a "FREE" two hour use of a Lexus vehicle! What hotel gives you that experience?? We used it to visit Carmel which is just down the road. We drove that area along with the 17 mile drive. The staff upgraded our room with a view of the 18th - spectacular. The rooms are stately and my wife is still looking to buy the same mattress and sheets as what they provided. The bathroom had a sitting area along with a separate sink, shower and tub. It even had a fireplace. They even provide complimentary snacks and drinks in the room - nice touch. A great tip - my wife and I would take strolls in the early morning along the cart path of PB. It is after all, a public course and it is quite the site to see a sunrise from the 18th tee box. Although the overall trip was expensive, it is in a league that I normally do not get to experience - but well worth it. Service was great and the location even better. Need I say the golf was great?? I like it when you gather at the first tee, people watching as you tee up, the starter announcing your name - felt like I was playing the Pro Am.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upgrade that has a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

If you are a golf player, you have to make the trek to Pebble Beach. I stayed at The Lodge in Pebble Beach and it was spectacular. I wish I could give 6 stars for location!! If possible, try and get a room on the 18th hole, it is very convenient and has a fantastic view. If you are playing golf for the first time be advised that the course is cart path only. It is truly designed for walking. I would suggest getting a caddie, (an extra $80 per player not including tip but truly worth it). The Lodge also provides shuttle service to the Inn at Spanish Bay and the Spyglass golf course. Spyglass is also cart path only and I would advise carrying your bags if you forgo the caddie. If you are playing multiple courses, ask the pro shop and they will transfer your clubs so they are there waiting for you at each course.
The Tap room is a great steak and bar located at The Lodge. You will likely see celebrities or dignitaries. Great steaks and exceptional wine list. In the Lodge there is also a new restaurant called The Bench, very nice and a bit more modern-signature dish is the coffee-rubbed steaks-also great wine list. The Bench has fire pits in the patio which overlooks the 18th green. Cigar friendly usually after 9pm
Must not forget to mention the Inn at Spanish bay has a bagpipe player at sunset in their patio...very interesting.

Room Tip: Ask for something near the 18th hole. It is very convenient and has fantastic views.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We just got back from the Lodge at Pebble Beach, staying with another couple. You go to PB for spectacular golf. If you are a non-golfing spouse like me, it's very pleasant but low key, with a spa, shops, pool, tennis, walks with a view, and some good restaurants. Don't expect to see much from your room, though, unless you pay a premium and request a specific (ocean) view.
We got a "garden view" room, for example, and we were told we were 50 yards from the first tee. We asked for and got a first floor room so I would have a patio, rather than an upper floor balcony. Well, there was no view whatsoever, not even of lawn. The first tee was out the room's front door on the other side of an outdoor hall's wall and privacy hedge (out of sight), and the only view out the balcony window (the only window in the room) was onto the pretty but small patio with a wall of plants on the outer edge of the patio, maybe 10 feet from the door. So you're boxed in.
We had read on TA to avoid the second floors at the Lodge as there's noise above and below. So, I'd suggest trying the third floor rooms if a view of anything--even a stretch of lawn--is your preference. Or consider staying at one of Carmel's charming B&B's.

• Stayed September 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Wasn't sure what to expect staying at this iconic golf resort while I myself am not a golfer. Was pleasantly surprised! The staff were friendly and accommodating. The room was fantastic! It looked right out over the 18th green. The spa was 5 stars! For the first time I had a tandom massage (two girls). All I can say is OMG awesome! I did end up golfing or at least attempted...lol. The views were spectacular! If you are a golfer, then you need to play this course at least once in your life. I also found their little wine store to have some great wines at great prices (even had some shipped home).

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Corbin, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed at the Lodge at Pebble Beach in a spa room! The price is crazy but I have to say it was spectacular!!! Playing Pebble Beach Golf Course was on our bucket list and we couldn't get a guaranteed tee time without staying at the lodge so we did it!! I have to say the spa room was worth the price!!! We loved it!!!

Room Tip: The spa room was fabulous!!!! We had a whirlpool outsid that was completely private and a wood-burni...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Dating back to 1919, the buildings are unimpressive until one enters their room. The rooms are large with a living room area and fireplace. Beautiful furnishings and incredibly comfortable bedding. The views are unparalleled. Bathroom area is perfect with a large shower, bath, separate vanity areas, and shampoos, etc. from the Spa. I was with a group of hard headed guys on a golf trip and even they had appreciation for the quality.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to The Lodge at Pebble Beach? Share your experiences!