First off let me say that when you book a hotel that costs $500+ a night you expect it to be a pretty luxurious experience. That given I am simply going to list where they go above and beyond what you expect at that price point and where they fail.
Overall it is a beautiful property with nicely appointed rooms...
Where they met / exceeded expectations:
-Service - Calls were picked up and dealt with promptly.
-Comfort/Decor of the room was good
-All Non alcoholic drinks and snacks were complementary...a nice touch that goes beyond...however as you might expect there wasn't a huge selection of drinks (1 low end oj, 2 cokes, 2 diet cokes and cocktail mixers along with nuts, an odwalla bar and some other snack that is escaping me right now)
Where they failed.
- Charging for internet access ($10 for 12am to 12am) access....why nickel & dime you here?...kinda ruined the goodwill that the free mini-bar generated.
-No A/C in room...while it isn't strictly needed in monterrey and Is certainly ecologically friendly, all the same, I am not staying at the "greenpeace resort & spa", and when paying this money...its by definition a wasteful splurge.... so they should have the A/C available IMHO
-Turkey club sandwich at pebble beach tap room (its all the same company) was advertised as "fresh roasted" turkey....which was actually processed and rubbery.
-Grout in shower was rotted in places and moldy....at this price point they should be going over these rooms with a fine tooth comb (maintenence & house-keeping wise).
-Room while comfortable, was not as large as one might expect out of this level of resort.
-TV was of the Tube (CRT) variety and not all that large.
-$21/daily gratuity charge....on one hand, none of the staffers expect a tip, on the other hand you are handing out a good chunk of change on a daily basis for this privilege...depends on how you look at it.... I actually didn't mind it as I didn't have to think about tipping at all.
- No wireless access in room...although in fairness they did say they were in the process of installing it.
Again no huge beef, just want to let folks know how they are and aren't getting their $500-$800 worth.
Hope you found it helpful.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Spanish Bay Hotel
- The Inn At Spanish Bay Hotel Pebble Beach
- Hotel At Spanish Bay
- Spanish Bay
- At Spanish Bay Hotel
- Inn Spanish Bay
- Spanish Bay Inn
- Inn At Spanish Bay
- Spanish Bay Monterey
- The Inn At Spanish Bay Pebble Beach
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Fareportal , Otel, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your The Inn at Spanish Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.