“It's All About The Experience - Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Inn at Spanish Bay to your Saves list
The Inn at Spanish Bay
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2700 17-Mile Drive, Pebble Beach, CA 93953   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Pebble Beach
“It's All About The Experience - Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to experience this fantastic property during a company golf fundraiser. He did the golfing, I did the exploring. We had a "scenic view" room (a little bit of ocean and links). It was beautiful and spacious, with a fireplace, snacks, water, a mini fridge, large soaking tub with seperate shower. When we came back to our room in the evening we were greeted with soft music, a turned down bed and chocolates! The staff was incredible - from the gentleman who opened my car door to the servers at dinner. We had two company dinner functions and the food was excellent. We are hoping to go back next year - fingers crossed!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
waterseekr
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We spent Memorial weekend at The Inn at Spanish Bay and loved everything about our trip. The service was just unbelievable. The employees go out of their way to make sure you are well taken care of. Genuinely enthusiastic and friendly service from the door greeters to the restaurant staff.

We are so glad we chose The Inn over Pebble Beach Lodge. We had a day at the lodge at it was like Disneyland! Tourists running around and just too many crowds. If you plan to stay at Pebble Beach and want beautiful views and relaxation choose The Inn at Spanish Bay.

My husband & BIL played golf at The Links at Spanish Bay & Pebble Beach. They have never played such beautiful and amazing courses. They used a caddie at Pebble Beach and were glad they did.

We definitely plan to return. Although very costly to stay, we believe our stay was worth the money. Meals are pricey, but every meal was delicious! Oh, and we had a forest view room with a slight oven view. Amazing weekend!

• Stayed May 2013
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Having stayed at and visited the Pebble Beach Lodge previously, I chose the Inn at Spanish Bay for a golf trip (bucket list item) with some dear friends. I was the cruise director and did my homework before booking. It is no wonder this property consistenly is rated higher than the Pebble BeachLodge. Other than the tradition and fame, it is a better place to stay and less expensive.

Upon arrival, you are stuck by how different it really is. It looks open and warm. The landscaping and lobby are very nice and open. There is a lobby bar, many places to sit & relax and get a bite to eat all on one floor. There is shopping, multiple dinning opportunities and a very nice mix of things to do.

The service was excellent from dropping the car to checkout. The Inn offers free wifi and shuttle access anywhere on property. Both came in very handy. Unlike most minibar set ups, several items were offered free of charge. This was very unique and welcomed by all four of us.

We checked in early, and the hotel was very accomodating taking us to our ground floor oceanside rooms. It was nice to be able to walk out of the room and onto the grounds making the golf shop and Sticks restaurant and bar very convenient. Even so, I would probably opt to stay on a higher floor next time.

The room had a gas fireplace and was modern yet traditional. The beds were excellent as were all the furnishings. I am always on guard for imperfections but found none. I never felt nickel and dimed.

Club transfers, baggage handling and the parking service is free! After spending this type of money, these things were also welcomed.

On your first trip, you might consider the Pebble Beach Lodge, but the Inn is superior in my opinion. I will visit again and when I do it will be at the Inn at Spanish Bay.

Room Tip: The ground fllor offers easy front and back outside access but higher rooms have a better view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Orange, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I'm very dissapointed with Pebble beach Resorts. I made reservations for golf package for my husband, they never told me or my husband that the the golf courses were getting maintained. We paid over $2,300 for 2 nights and round of golf at Pebble and Spyglass. Pebble and Spyglass looked terrible. It was full of sand and holes every where.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went on a family trip to Pebble Beach loved our stay at Pebble Beach. My husband and I came to golf at the Pebble Beach golf course multiple times, but never stayed at The Inn at Spanish Bay until this winter. The service was nice, the food was great, the rooms were absolutely gorgeous. The lotions and shampoo were the ones they sold at the store downstairs, and what they used at the Spa. Lovely scent :) In the back of the hotel, you can walk around and enjoy the beautiful view of the ocean. If you are lucky you can see a guy playing bagpipes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Inn at Spanish Bay is a wonderful place to stay. Our oceanfront room was spacious with a fireplace, two sinks, balcony and plenty of room. Internet is included. Each evening a bagpiper makes his way from the Links club house down the first fairway to the Inn. Enjoying a glass of wine outside at one of the tables with a charcoal fire adds to the romantic atmosphere. Nightly room service, chocolates and turn down is greatly appreciated. The staff is like no other. Every person is friendly and helpful. Each morning that we did not golf we took a long morning walk along the pathway next to the ocean. It couldn't be more beautiful. This was our third visit and each time it is difficult to leave. We will be back again.

Room Tip: An ocean front room is worth the price. If the hotel is not fully booked the front desk staff will...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in February and enjoyed the most beautiful weather and awesome hotel stay ever!! It was my husbands 50 birthday and they offered us an upgrade, and wow are we glad we took it! Ocean front most beautiful room we have ever stayed in! I walked with my husband at the pebble course and we both agreed it was like a religious experience definetly not to be missed! I enjoyed a scrub and massage at the spa which was top notch! We thought this would be a once in a lifetime but not for us we will definetly be back very soon!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to The Inn at Spanish Bay? Share your experiences!