“Very Disappointing” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Cambria, Ca
“Very Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

I live on the Central Coast and had my family visitng here from back East on Monday 11/23/09. We are Italian-americans and I wanted my family to have a great italian meal amidst the stunning setting that is Pebble Beach. It was a fantastic day weather-wise and the live Bag-Pipe playing at sunset was spectacular. If only the food was half as good. We ordered a few appetizers including a fritto misto and cheese board. The calamari was much too heavily breaded and satuarated with oil. The cheese board was totally uninspiring. I'm not even sure what kind of cheeses were presented. We all ordered Caesar Salads and it was obvious that these salads were refrigerated for some period of time as they all seemed to be have the same amorphous shape. There was absolutely nothing fresh in this salad. The anchovies almost appeared frozen and had no taste. The pasta dishes, and we all had a different one, from Spaghetti Carbonara, to Lasagna and Rigatoni with Lobster sauce, were completely overcooked. The Carbonara was layered with unmelted cheese and had no discernible pancetta or prosciutto. It was tasteless. My wifes' lobster was completely overcooked to a rubbery mess. I was really surprised. Our bill was $300 for 5 of us and the food was not even on a level with the Olive Garden. I would find it hard to believe that the well-respected Antinori Family has anything to do with this restaurant. I do have to say though that the waitstaff was first class and they were somewhat apologetic about the food. The restaurant itself was beautifully appointed with lovely decor. It's too bad the food didn't live up to the staff and ambiance.

Frank Nuciforo
[--]

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Ivins, Utah
“First time and I would go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

Enjoyed dinner with a very large group and they pulled it off exceptionally.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Monterey, California
“I've only been here once, very nice upscale italian eatery. First time I ever had carpaccio, quite tasty. The staff...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008

I've only been here once, very nice upscale italian eatery. First time I ever had carpaccio, quite tasty. The staff was excellent very guest intensive and eager to help you learn about cuisine.