“Casa Palmero is the best kept secret in Pebble Beach!” 5 of 5 stars

Casa Palmero at Pebble Beach
1518 Cypress Drive, Pebble Beach, CA 93953   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Pebble Beach
Greenville, South Carolina
“Casa Palmero is the best kept secret in Pebble Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Everything is outstanding in this boutique hotel. From the minute you get out of your car you feel welcome. The feeling is like if you just got to a friend's Hacienda. It is true that you have to give up the ocean view when you stay in this hotel but for me it was worth it. I am already planing my next visit. Everything is perfect here. The service is outstanding! There is no "front desk". They are expecting you and greet you as if you have been there 3 months ago. The room is big! It had a nice dinner table, and the perfect place to lay down and read a book. It also had a fireplace. They bring a nice continental breakfast to your room at the time you request it the night before. You chose the items you want. In the afternoon, there are complimentary appetizers (very good!) and drinks.
My husband is a golfer and I am a spa lover. This place is heaven for both of us. Pebble Beach has the best golf courses in the United States. Everybody knows that. But the Spa at Casa Palmero is paradise...I usually take 3 or 4 spa vacations every year. I love to try new places each time. I think I will look no more. I found the perfect place for me. Everything in this spa is EXCELLENT! The facilities, the service, the therapists even the spa boutique are top of the line. I am not a fan of destination spa's because I like to have different options for food and fun so this one was perfect for me. When you are a guest in Casa Palmero you can put on your robe and sleepers and walk to the spa through a private hallway. When you are done, you just walk back to your room and relax some more in the jet tub with the bath salts provided in your room.
There are plenty of restaurants in Pebble Beach! All of them are excellent. The ocean front bars are great and offer very distinct drinks.
The sunsets are beautiful! The views are unparalleled.
My visit to Casa Palmero was far better than I expected. I plan to return later this year.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Clemente
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

To golf Pebble Beach and Spyglass or Spanish Bay is a golfer's mecca, so I booked 3 rooms at the beautiful Casa Palmero for my family to gather in celebration of my husband's 60th. The service was attentive without being intrusive; the hot spa outside our room was private and inviting; the spa massages were excellent and we tried 6 different versions among the 3 girls; the free open bar at 5:00 gave us all a place to gather and share stories from the day; there were no elevators or ice machines to distract from the natural Spanish setting. The rooms could get warm and the fireplace was a bit smoky but we kept the doors open and had a great time. I hope to go back again next year.

• Stayed June 2014
Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

This place is special. From the moment you drive up and are greeted by the staff, you feel welcomed and embraced. The setting is miraculous, tucked in between the 2nd fairway of Pebble Beach and the Beach Club, you are wrapped in an ambience of comfort and grace. The rooms are comfortable beyond words with all the amenities imaginable. If we were to choose our last night on this planet, this is it. The other reviews say it all - impeccable and worth every penny.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel is just delightful. The rooms are large, their is a great wood burning fireplace and the bathrooms are perfect all the amenities you can think of. We had a Jacuzzi on our patio-was heated all the time- unbelievable.
There is a darling cocktail/bar area for people to join in a 5:00pm for a drink and light appetizers. The management is outstanding. They check on you to make sure you are pleased. Walk to the Pub or Lodge for dinner. Fabulous Hotel

Room Tip: They are all great- not a bad room on site! I prefer 1st floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

It's hard to imagine a more enjoyable experience. Where do they find such pleasant people who try so hard to provide a thoroughly comforting stay? From arrival to departure everything was superb! Wood burning fireplace, private whirlpool, delicious in room breakfast, floral arrangements and special turn down snack were each a delight.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

This was one of the most comfy rooms we have ever stayed in, particularly the window seat looking onto the first tee box. The service was excellent and breakfast was delivered each morning. Already planning when we can go back.

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We are envious of those Casa Palmero guests who find it disappointing these days. For a couple on our first visit to Pebble Beach, we were frankly blown away by the quality of the accommodations (an oversized thousand-dollar-a-day room with a jacuzzi on the patio), and the level of service. Everything worked well and our king bed and other furniture in the room were very comfortable. The "continental" breakfast delivered to the room would have been better described as a European buffet feast. The jacuzzi was just hot enough to do some good after a day on the golf course. The staff members who served us were all eager, pleasant and helpful without being obsequious .I can't recall if the night housekeeper left Snickers on our pillow but I think I would have remembered. We plan to stay longer next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Palmero at Pebble Beach? Share your experiences!