“Nice hotel in Patterson” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Patterson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wallingford, Connecticut, United States
“Nice hotel in Patterson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is a decent place to stay in Patterson. My In-laws live in town so we are occasionally here when there is a big gathering. The bar tends to close early around 9pm, but the restaurant is amazing for breakfast!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Fresno, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

There was a sign at the check in desk advising that a DJ would be playing music until midnight. It seems that they decided to turn a meeting room into a nightclub which caused the interior courtyard to funnel booming and lots of LOUD yelling past midnight. Unacceptable for management to book this sort of venue in my opinion. The room had hair on the bathroom floor and shower walls. I realize that this was a $89 a night hotel but beware that you get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
seattle,wa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

First off, got a room with no Wi-Fi. So we asked to change rooms, but they we're booked up and could not. So we could not change rooms with someone that had not checked in yet. We could tell from our cell phones the Wi-Fi was stronger closer to the lobby. Later that night, we wanted to eat in the restaurant. The lady said there was a long wait. So asked for take to our room service. That would take longer, she said. So we went and got Pizza. Came back and asked for a knife and fork. The lady at the restaurant said we had to go to the front desk to get a fork. The front desk had a long line. So we borrowed a fork from an abandoned table. The lady came running after us, thief, thief, screaming in a full restaurant, give me back my fork. One of our party has diabetes. We really did need a fork. Try the Holiday Inn at Westley.

Room Tip: for Wi-Fi, get closer to the lobby
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Anna M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Villa Del Lago Inn, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Hello Dave,

Thank you for your recent review. I would like to apologize for not surpassing your expectations. We have wireless internet access throughout the entire building and all guest rooms do receive signal. For today's traveler we understand that this is important which is why we have routers through all floors to make certain it is easily accessible.
Regarding the plastic silverware I would like to personally thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. We truely do appeciate your feedback and are taking corrective measures to ensure that our guests can easily get a fork or spoon when they need it. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us.
Please feel free to contact me at 888-988-9100. Thank you again.
Willits, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

It is hard to find a pleasant place to stay along Hwy 5. Trying to break up a road trip to Tucson from Mendocino County, the Best Western Plus Villa Del Lago Inn was the best place I could find, based on tripadvisor reviews, along Hwy 5. I wasn't disappointed. It was near the highway but far enough away to avoid road noise, so it was quiet. The room was good sized and clean. The service was excellent. About an hour after we checked in, we got a call from the front desk inquiring if everything was OK with our room. The restaurant attached to the hotel, where we had dinner, was excellent and the service there was also very good.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel is located just off I-5 and has easy access. Located near a lot of fast food places and close to stores etc. Despite proximity to freeway, no noise. Room was clean and good size. Easy to walk the pets around the complex - in a quiet area. No breakfast - only downfall.

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel as we drove the length of California on 1-5. The front desk called to see if we liked our room which was a nice touch. Any conversations with the front desk were very pleasant. The frig and micowave were handy and the room was lovely and clean. Although the hotel was right off of the freeway there wasn't any traffic noise. Several chain restaurants were located nearby by but we ate breakfast on the premises. The only odd thing about the hotel was that many of the rooms were arranged courtyard style around the restaurant. Even on the third floor, we heard bar noise from below until 10:30 at night. It was literally right outside of our door. We would stay here again but would request a room on the side halls away from the restaurant/bar noise.

Room Tip: Request a room on the halls away from the restaurant/bar.
Bend, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

When one reflects back on a hotel stay and the BEST memory was that of leaving the freeway and stopping the car, it goes without saying that the hotel experience was less than quality! This newish hotel was a major disappointment on several levels. First, the positives. The Room was clean. The room was spacious. We asked for adjoining rooms; we explained that my brother -in-law was gravely ill with leukemia and that it was important we be next door to one another. The desk person told us that this could not happen since we had our dog with us and all "dog rooms" did not have adjoining rooms. Strike one. What about offering us adjoining rooms with an extra doggie deposit? That would have worked perfectly for us....instead, we were just told "no". I worried most of the night, since I had no access to my ailing family member. Strike two occurred when I realized that the sink was broken in my room. I called the desk and was told that it would be reported to maintenance the next day. No offer of fixing it or moving me to a different room. Strike three was the worst. The AC was on full blast when I first entered the room. I soon realized that there was no way to adjust the temperature. Then, at exactly 3:25 am, the AC unit made a loud popping noise, waking me up....and it died. Stopped. The room grew warmer and warmer....I opened the windows. Still warmer. I reported this nightmare to the front desk and again was told, by the not very awake desk clerk, that it would be reported to maintenance. No offer of a room reduction. No apology. Nothing. Usually, my Best Western experiences have been stellar. This one was very disappointing. My advice? Drive a few more miles north...you'll have far more choices.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, just know you will be on the first floor....NO EXCEPTIONS.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Anna M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Villa Del Lago Inn, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Peace Bookie,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver at better experience for you and other guests in the future. We will definitely look into the issues that you mentioned, I can assure you that this is not the typical guest experience. We would love to have the opportunity to prove this to you, please contact me personally and I will make all the arrangments.

Thank you again.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Villa Del Lago Inn? Share your experiences!