“It really can't get worse” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #117 of 156 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Steakhouse, Fish & Chips, Sandwiches
Paso Robles, California
“It really can't get worse”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

I've been there maybe a half-dozen times since opening. It remains a horrific and unchanging experience. Each visit reminded me why it had been so long since I'd last been there. The last visit put me over the edge.

I took my daughters there a week ago, before heading into a movie. We had one hour for luch and drinks before the movie. The server was unfriendly (bordering on rude); one round of drinks w/o another visit from the server; food could not be delivered within 45 minutes; and to top it off, the Manager laughed it all off (publicly to other customers in his presence) when I told him that I was not pleased, but needed to cancel the food order so we could catch the movie.

It would be easy to dismiss this ordeal because of a bad server, a bad day at the Brew, or whatever--except that this experience was not unlike I'd endured in any of my earlier visits. While I always hoped to find something different there, I have finally elected to never patronize them again.

The business must survive on its evening drinking crowd and one-time visitors. It's a shame as it occupies a great location and otherwise has such great potential.

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Wilmington, North Carolina
“IIt's a bar ... w/an elevator”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

this is an upstairs bar overlooking the park. The food is below par ... lower than that is the service (hello, anyne here?) Would be a great college bar ... except there is no college. The beer? I don't recall it ... which is saying lots given I like my beer. Also, I have NEVER heard anyone talk about this place.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Beer is great and the food is excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2008

Beer is great and the food is excellent.