“Great experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
San Diego, Texas
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

The grounds were beautiful, the pool relaxing and uncrowded, and the room very well maintained! It is central to all ... great restaurants, tasting rooms, and a short drive to all the wineries. Stayed in one of the Spa Rooms ... it was spacious and wonderful to have our own jacuzzi on the patio!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We take pride in maintaining the historic charm and charter of the Inn and I’m so happy that you were able to experience and enjoy everything we have to offer.

Again, thank you for taking to time to leave feedback. I look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Erica Renkert General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was married in the garden at the Inn and stay there to visit family at least once a year. My children love the koi ponds and have named all of the fish. The courtyard is beautiful and the rooms have everything we need. The pool area is nice with comfortable furniture. Breakfast is the best, they serve hearty portions for a reasonable price. My children always order the Mickey Mouse pancakes. The location is fantastic. Shops, park, library, and tasting rooms within walking distance. Guests have to take into consideration that the buildings are old so the noise level from traffic and guests is louder than newer buildings. I love the PRI and will continue to stay there when I visit the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2012

How wonderful that you were married here in our gardens. I’m so happy we were able to help great such great memories for you. It’s great to hear you return year after year with your family and feel so at home here; we are so glad to have you and your family as our guest.

Again, thank you for your feedback. I look forward to seeing you again next year.

San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The location of the Paso Robles Inn can't be beat...right off the town square and walking distance to everything! On top of this, the grounds are really beautiful...peaceful and well-manicured. Almost 'resort' quality! Very nice pool area.

That said, the room I stayed in was a bit of a disappointment. Nothing wrong per se (other than really old, lumpy pillows!!), but it could have used some updating...in particular the bathroom.

I really struggled to choose between 3 stars and 4 stars for my review, and ultimately settled on three stars because the price ($200/night for a standard room) seemed high for the quality of the rooms. I would stay here again if the price was lower, but at this price will be staying at the Adelaide Inn (which was sold out during my trip) the next time I'm in Paso Robles.

Room Tip: The 800 building is located in the quiet rear area of the hotel. I would recommend this building.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me, your feedback is greatly appreciated and it is through feedback we can continue to improve.

I’m so glad you were able to enjoy your stay and all the features the Historic Inn has to offer. I’m sorry that the pillows were a disappoint to you during your stay. We recently have ordered new pillows and are expecting to have all pillows replaced by September. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back as our guest again real soon.
Davidson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Reminiscent of old Highway 66 motels and lodges. Western feel; nice architectural style, very nice grounds and pool area; take time to hang out by the pool. Very convenient location to jump off to wineries or over #46 to the coast (40 minutes). Bathrooms recently updated with a clean/modern look with very functionally friendly sinks, faucets, shower. Friendly and helpful staff. Upstairs bar area is unremarkable and inconsistent. Afternoon server was friendly and engaging. Stopped in after dinner and wait staff too busy with local favorites to attend to us. Very safe, clean, convenient, comfortable; don't rush through it, good place to just hang out..

Room Tip: Rooms 501-503 on one side of pool, 901-903 on other side worked for our family.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. It is appreciated and we use all feedback as a tool to improve .

Please except my sincere apology for your experience in the Cattleman’s Lounge. We failed to provide you with the personal experience you expected and deserved. Please know that is not our practice and this has been addressed.

I’m so glad you were able to enjoy your stay and all the features the Historic Inn has to offer. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back as our guest again real soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is right next to the central sqaure where there are some great restaurants and a few bars. The rooms are quite basic, but they have everything you need. The pool area is nice and the gardens are well maintained. The one criticism I have is that the pillows were pretty bad! Also, there were a couple of guys hanging out at the pool ond afternoon who I do not think were actually staying there - they were a little annoying. I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012

I’m sorry that the pillows were a disappoint. We recently had new pillows ordered and all pillows will be replaced by August. I want to apologize there were non-authorized guests using the pool and spa area. Our guest service desk is staffed 24 hours a day, so please do not hesitate to call during your stay so we can rectify any situation to make your stay more pleasant. We do not permit non-guests to utilize the pool and spa area. It is our practice to patrol the area to keep non-guests out of the pool area and it appears we failed. Thank you for letting me know, this has been addressed with all members if my management team.

I would like to invite you back so we can provide you with a positive and memorable stay; one that reflects our usual standards. Please contact me personally so that I can ensure your stay meets your expectations.

Again thank you for taking the time to tell me about your recent stay.

Erica Renkert
Newbury Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Modernized over the years, and some rooms with jacuzzis, we find the Paso Robles Inn a perfect environment for visiting the town and as a center point for wine touring.
Across the street from a large town square encircled by restaurants, small tasting rooms and a few blocks from additional wine and olive oil tastings, the Inn serves well.
The main Inn has a eek own steak restaurant and cottages to the rear of the property offer more privacy and surround a small pool.
Our favorite restaurant is across the square, Villa Creek, which offers a wonderful variety using local items and often is where youll find the winemakers gather.

• Stayed September 2011

I’m so happy that you were able to enjoy everything we have to offer and take advantage of the wonderful tasting our downtown has.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Erica Renkert
Newbury Park, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

You can't beat Paso Robles Inn for its location. Entering town from the 101 northbound, exit the freeway, go straight, and you're there. Once there, you are steps away from downtown Paso. In fact, you are IN downtown Paso, walking distance to its shops and restaurants.

The inn itself is nice. Not luxurious, but nice. Clean and well appointed, with a large, two-sink bathroom. Our room was upstairs with a nice view of the gardens.

However, noise was an issue. We had read some complaints on TripAdvisor about noise from wedding parties, both the party itself in the ballroom and the guests. We experienced both. We were escorted to a room in the ballroom building, and glanced at one another as we saw -- and heard -- an early-evening wedding reception underway. When we reached our room upstairs, we could hear the "thump thump" of the music. We didn't even put down our bags. We called the front desk and asked to be moved, and we were, quickly and efficiently.

Our new room was nicer (bigger and with better views). But the guests in the room next door were guests of the wedding party. We spotted them drinking beer as they strolled across the gardens. A few hours later, we were trying to sleep but to no avail. Our neighbors were having a loud party.We called the front desk. It took two attempts to get security over there to have the loud guests quiet down. Once security asked them to be quiet, it was better. But it pretty much ruined our impression of the inn and our stay.

The inn seems to cater partys -- weddings and whatnot -- and to guests who are in Paso for a good time, not necessarily for a quiet time. I wouldn't recommend the inn to couples seeking a quiet, romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Unless you are part of the partyand/or don't mind noise from music, don't get a room in the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. Our goal is that every guest has the stay they deserve.

As you can imagine, many brides and grooms are attracted to our Historic Inn with it’s beautiful gardens and ballroom. For many years our gardens and grand ballroom have been the stage for this special occasion. We do have a noise curfew in place to ensure that the disturbance is minimal as possible to other guests. I personally apologize that your rest was disrupted by the wedding group the evening of your stay.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me, it is through your feedback we can improve. I would like to invite you back so we can provide you with a positive memorable stay. Please contact me personally so that I can ensure your stay meets your expectations.

Again thank you for taking the time to tell me about your recent stay.

Erica Renkert General Manager

Been to Paso Robles Inn? Share your experiences!