“Horrific!!! Ruined our special day!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Villa de Buena Vista

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paso Robles
Villa de Buena Vista
You added Villa de Buena Vista to your Saves list
Paso Robles, Paso Robles, CA   |
Ranked #27 of 31 Paso Robles B&B and Inns
Central Coast
“Horrific!!! Ruined our special day!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

We had our daughters wedding in Sept and it was the most unfortunate event as a direct result of Patti's UNPROFESSONALISM!! The day of the rehearsal she was EXTREMELY RUDE and it continued into the day of the wedding. It became very apparent that she does NOT ENJOY the business and is only doing it for the revenue which is so unfortunate because she has the potential to have an extremely successful business as the site is breathtaking, BUT I would NEVER RECOMMEND it to anyone unless PATTI removed herself from the scenario. At one point she went and turned off the fire-pit after her gracious husband turned it on as it was cooling off and she told my guests that I did not pay to have the fire-pit to be lit on my contract - no where is there a charge for a fire-pit and REGARDLESS, NEVER should it be discussed with my guests on what I did or did not pay for...Thank goodness there were only a handful of people who realized what was going on and my daughter and son in law as well as their friends had a BLAST, but it RUINED what should have been the most AWESOME and MEMORABLE DAY of our lives as parents...In reading the reviews I see a pattern and can only assume that the positive review are from her family and friends!!!!.

• Stayed September 2009

Families
Solo
Business
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

The owner is very rude and unaccomodating. The site is very pretty, but, the owner complains about everything and is not willing to listen to anyway. Everything must be done HER way. I don't recommend the site because of her. Word is going to get around the County that she is a horrible business person and she will lose a lot of business.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Laguna Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

Moody women should not run B&B's. That's about all we can say.

So sad to say, but we would never recommend this Villa de Buena Vista to anyone looking for a stay in Paso Robles.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
slolocal2
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

After searching the central coast of California, my fiancé and I were excited to have found such a beautiful venue. The B&B could not be more gorgeous. We set our date and placed our deposit. The owner of the venue seemed very nice and pleasant until she received the deposit. After this she was very difficult to get in touch with. Many of my phone calls and emails were simply ignored. When I could get in touch with her she would make me feel like I was putting her out. The day of the rehearsal the whole wedding party showed up and in front of everyone she tells me that I have done just a horrible job of keeping her informed about the details of the wedding. I had sent her a detailed itinerary and given her one in person and gave her a list all the vendors well in advance but she had either forgotten about it or never read it because all that I had told her seemed forgotten. It was frustrating that she never seemed to be listening because she would ask me the same question many times.
By now I knew that the day of the wedding I was going to have to put her out of my mind and not let her ruin our wedding day. I was prepared for her not only with my dealings with her but I had also been warned by several local vendors that other brides and vendors had had problems with her. One vendor even told me that they knew vendors who refused to do weddings at the Villa de Buena Vista. I have to say how happy I was with the vendors that I choose. They were so great in helping me deal with her. They told me if I had any problems with her at all the day of the wedding to tell them and they would take care of it for me.
Anyways, the day of the wedding my fiancé, sister and her boyfriend and I had breakfast in the owners dining room. Right after breakfast my bridesmaids arrived with the wedding flowers. That’s when she practically pushed us outside (because she does not like anyone in her main house) and we all stood in the doorway and she asked that the flowers be stored in her unairconditioned garage. The high that day was 108 degrees. There was a long awkward silence as we all stood in disbelief thinking that all of these beautiful flowers that we spent a lot of money on would be ruined by the time the guests arrived. She finally agreed to let us store them right in the doorway so no one would have to go through her house to get them. In the detailed itinerary that I had sent her, I told her that the bridesmaids would be getting ready together in the detached room that we had purchased for the weekend of the wedding. We also discussed this the night before at the rehearsal. She gave us a difficult time about how many people we getting ready in the room. It was me, my five bridesmaids and my hairdresser and the photographer. She knew that we would all be in there well in advance, but the day of every chance she got she would point out that the room was designed for two people. We never felt too crowed to be in there but felt like we were being ridden by her all day. She was upset when she found out we were going to be eating lunch while getting ready and wanted us to eat it outside. Again, the temperature was 108 degrees that day. As I write this I keep thinking of all the petty things she did that day. Basically, she was just overbearing, rude and inappropriate all day. When the groomsmen went into the other detached room that we purchased that weekend to have a private toast after the wedding, the owner opens the door without even knocking and rudely yells, everyone out. Following this they locked the rooms that we had purchased and they were only opened again when it was brought to their attention that the photographer was about to pass out from heat stoke and needed some relief from the heat. To top everything off, over the next week my guests would tell me how beautiful the wedding was and then inform me of how the owners were also rude to them. How embarrassing!!
Overall, it did not come close to ruining our day. It was absolutely magical but I think that I was able to let a lot of stuff go because I was prepared. Looking at other postings on the web, I notice a trend. I think that she does a good job of running the B&B part of her business but I think she does an awful job at hosting weddings. My opinion is that she just does not like having people at her house. We were reminded several times that this is her residence. So my advice to anyone wanting to have your wedding at this venue, is to be prepared to be hounded all day with petty remarks and expect her to be rude. Good luck!!

• Stayed June 2008
boulder, colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2008

This was a delicious vacation made very special by Patty and Charlie. My fiance and I started with wine tasting on our first day only to be welcomed at the Villa with a surprisingly fabulous bottle of their wine and cheese plate.
We woke up feeling well rested in our stunning, very private room, to a spectacular view. Each morning we were treated to a hardy gourmet breakfast which satiated us through tasting after tasting. The service did not stop there....Patty would direct us to fabulous wineries, making us reservations as needed and never steered us wrong. She even packed us coolers and little nibbles to go so our wine would never overheat in our car. We would come home to the infinity pool hot tub heated, more scrumptious wine and tasty treats. I always felt attended to, but never overwhelmed or invaded as we had plenty of our own personal private space. We enjoyed every detail, down to their dog!
We felt so welcomed and relaxed that we stayed an extra night.
I have never written a review on my travels but Patty and Charlie's home was top of the line and I would recommend anyone to stay there.
Live life well with much laughter,
Carrie and Alex

• Liked — Service and style
  • Disliked — I didn't have more time to stay!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
PasoKid
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

My sister in law got married here. I was helping out but the owner made it nearly impossible to have a successful event. She is very overbearing. She made comments to the catering employees about wearing lipgloss. This employee worked for an outside company and had no ties to her other than this event. I would not wish this burden on even my enemies. This was not worth the price that she charges for the pain she puts her "guests" through.

• Stayed June 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

This B&B is really beautiful and the grounds are gorgeous, thus we decided to have our wedding here. All of our vendors were really nice too, except for this one. Unfortunately, if I could do it over again, I would not have my wedding at this venue. The owner was nice when we met her but she turned out to be awful. What I can't understand is why someone would host weddings if they obviously do not enjoy it. She was completely unorganized during the planning. It was as if she had a new sudden case of dementia during phone calls--for a split second she makes you think you are the one who is nuts. But her true colors come through. She did not honor parts of her contract and retracted on verbal and written communication, even when it was brought to her attention. She was rude to some of our vendors, our guests, and to us. The overall feeling of our wedding was as if we had a mean substitute teacher or babysitter hosting our wedding. The best you can do is try to laugh it off and ignore it but it's sad when its your own wedding and you are paying thousands of dollars. I do not care if you spend $500 or $5 million dollars on a wedding--wine spills, food drops, and sometimes people go into the wrong door looking for the restroom--that is the nature of the business. There is a way to be nice about these things but there is absolutely no grace with this person. Be prepared to pay for it and come home from your honeymoon to a credit charge. It was real easy for her to place blame by using the cliche of a "stressed out bride". Brides happen to know every detail of their weddings and that disclaimer doesn't work well with couples. It was way too hard for her to be an adult and a smart businesswoman by actually apologizing for the poor service--we never got one when we made it known we were unhappy. Everything would have been ok if she was friendly to our guests and us on our wedding day, followed the contract, and apologized...we would have said, "no worries". We still had a great day but we have a memory of this meanspirited woman at our wedding that made the planning and experience an arduous process when it didn't need to be.

• Liked — The view.
  • Disliked — The service; the owner.
  • Stayed August 2007

Been to Villa de Buena Vista? Share your experiences!