“Beautiful hotel terrible service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Villa de Buena Vista

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paso Robles
Villa de Buena Vista
You added Villa de Buena Vista to your Saves list
Paso Robles, Paso Robles, CA   |
Ranked #27 of 31 Paso Robles B&B and Inns
Cypress, Texas
“Beautiful hotel terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We booked our wedding here in Aug '07 but I needed to write a review since our experience was so awful. We thought it would be the perfect place for our special day. However, its sad to say that the service or lack of made it almost a nightmare. Like many of the negative comments, we had the same experience with the owner. She was very nice and helpful until she received our deposit and signed contract. After that everything went downhill. We received unprofessional and nasty emails, we flew out to meet with her before our special day, however she decided to cancel our meeting and not tell us. She kept adding additional fees to the contract. We booked all three rooms for two nights, however our guests only stayed there a night since the service was so rude and the owner yelled at our guests and made them feel very unwelcome. We choose not to stay there after we were also yelled at and locked out of our room. The day of the wedding was even worse with her un-professionalism trying to make a scene. I agree with the other reviews that she does not enjoy the business but is only doing it for the revenue

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

A friend & I decided to make a change and stay here - what a mistake that was. The owners have NO clue how to treat their guests and we felt as if we were an inconvenience the whole time we were there. At check-in no one explained the features in the room, we were shocked to see there was NOWHERE to put your clothes - one tiny hanging bar but nowhere to put folded clothes, there is no shelf space in the bathroom. Despite the costly rate and 110+ temperatures, we were told we have to leave the AC set at 74 degrees (HELLLOOOOOO). We came back from being out all day wine tasting and the room was NOT touched - bed still unmade, no clean towels, etc. The breakfasts were pretty much frozen items from the super market and although we indicated we didn;t eat pork - day one we were served bacon. The grounds and the view are great but that's about it for this place. The pool is nice to look at but it isn't heated so there is no way you could take advantage of it with the freezing water temperature. There were several fountains which were all clogged with algae so they were never on. The room with the king size bed is also a LOT smaller than we expected!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

Stayed three nights. The villa and the rooms are decorated beautifully. With only three rooms you have plenty of privacy at the pool etc. Our room was in the main house and the other two rooms are separarted and more private. Patti will prepare a fabulous breakfast and take time to recommend wine tasting and restaurants. Our minor complaint is their little house dog yaps each time you come in the house. Otherwise we loved our stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Central Coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

We had our daughters wedding in Sept and it was the most unfortunate event as a direct result of Patti's UNPROFESSONALISM!! The day of the rehearsal she was EXTREMELY RUDE and it continued into the day of the wedding. It became very apparent that she does NOT ENJOY the business and is only doing it for the revenue which is so unfortunate because she has the potential to have an extremely successful business as the site is breathtaking, BUT I would NEVER RECOMMEND it to anyone unless PATTI removed herself from the scenario. At one point she went and turned off the fire-pit after her gracious husband turned it on as it was cooling off and she told my guests that I did not pay to have the fire-pit to be lit on my contract - no where is there a charge for a fire-pit and REGARDLESS, NEVER should it be discussed with my guests on what I did or did not pay for...Thank goodness there were only a handful of people who realized what was going on and my daughter and son in law as well as their friends had a BLAST, but it RUINED what should have been the most AWESOME and MEMORABLE DAY of our lives as parents...In reading the reviews I see a pattern and can only assume that the positive review are from her family and friends!!!!.

• Stayed September 2009
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

The owner is very rude and unaccomodating. The site is very pretty, but, the owner complains about everything and is not willing to listen to anyway. Everything must be done HER way. I don't recommend the site because of her. Word is going to get around the County that she is a horrible business person and she will lose a lot of business.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Laguna Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

Moody women should not run B&B's. That's about all we can say.

So sad to say, but we would never recommend this Villa de Buena Vista to anyone looking for a stay in Paso Robles.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
slolocal2
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

After searching the central coast of California, my fiancé and I were excited to have found such a beautiful venue. The B&B could not be more gorgeous. We set our date and placed our deposit. The owner of the venue seemed very nice and pleasant until she received the deposit. After this she was very difficult to get in touch with. Many of my phone calls and emails were simply ignored. When I could get in touch with her she would make me feel like I was putting her out. The day of the rehearsal the whole wedding party showed up and in front of everyone she tells me that I have done just a horrible job of keeping her informed about the details of the wedding. I had sent her a detailed itinerary and given her one in person and gave her a list all the vendors well in advance but she had either forgotten about it or never read it because all that I had told her seemed forgotten. It was frustrating that she never seemed to be listening because she would ask me the same question many times.
By now I knew that the day of the wedding I was going to have to put her out of my mind and not let her ruin our wedding day. I was prepared for her not only with my dealings with her but I had also been warned by several local vendors that other brides and vendors had had problems with her. One vendor even told me that they knew vendors who refused to do weddings at the Villa de Buena Vista. I have to say how happy I was with the vendors that I choose. They were so great in helping me deal with her. They told me if I had any problems with her at all the day of the wedding to tell them and they would take care of it for me.
Anyways, the day of the wedding my fiancé, sister and her boyfriend and I had breakfast in the owners dining room. Right after breakfast my bridesmaids arrived with the wedding flowers. That’s when she practically pushed us outside (because she does not like anyone in her main house) and we all stood in the doorway and she asked that the flowers be stored in her unairconditioned garage. The high that day was 108 degrees. There was a long awkward silence as we all stood in disbelief thinking that all of these beautiful flowers that we spent a lot of money on would be ruined by the time the guests arrived. She finally agreed to let us store them right in the doorway so no one would have to go through her house to get them. In the detailed itinerary that I had sent her, I told her that the bridesmaids would be getting ready together in the detached room that we had purchased for the weekend of the wedding. We also discussed this the night before at the rehearsal. She gave us a difficult time about how many people we getting ready in the room. It was me, my five bridesmaids and my hairdresser and the photographer. She knew that we would all be in there well in advance, but the day of every chance she got she would point out that the room was designed for two people. We never felt too crowed to be in there but felt like we were being ridden by her all day. She was upset when she found out we were going to be eating lunch while getting ready and wanted us to eat it outside. Again, the temperature was 108 degrees that day. As I write this I keep thinking of all the petty things she did that day. Basically, she was just overbearing, rude and inappropriate all day. When the groomsmen went into the other detached room that we purchased that weekend to have a private toast after the wedding, the owner opens the door without even knocking and rudely yells, everyone out. Following this they locked the rooms that we had purchased and they were only opened again when it was brought to their attention that the photographer was about to pass out from heat stoke and needed some relief from the heat. To top everything off, over the next week my guests would tell me how beautiful the wedding was and then inform me of how the owners were also rude to them. How embarrassing!!
Overall, it did not come close to ruining our day. It was absolutely magical but I think that I was able to let a lot of stuff go because I was prepared. Looking at other postings on the web, I notice a trend. I think that she does a good job of running the B&B part of her business but I think she does an awful job at hosting weddings. My opinion is that she just does not like having people at her house. We were reminded several times that this is her residence. So my advice to anyone wanting to have your wedding at this venue, is to be prepared to be hounded all day with petty remarks and expect her to be rude. Good luck!!

• Stayed June 2008

Been to Villa de Buena Vista? Share your experiences!