“Great stop off of Route 101” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Panolivo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 151 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th Street
Los Angeles, California
“Great stop off of Route 101”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My wife and I frequently stop in at Panolivo when we are traveling up and down Route 101. It reminds us of a Paris bistro in the middle of California.

The food is consistently good. We usually have a light meal such as one of their delicious soups or a freshly made sandwich. The waitresses are always pleasant and the service is timely. This is not a fast food joint, so sometimes good food takes a little time.

A great place for a restful break from the freeway. Easy to get on and off the freeway at Paso Robles.

I'm really curious about the 2 revues talking about middle eastern food. Have never seen anything even remotely like a schwarma or a kabob here.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Huntington Beach, California
“Okay late lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stopped through here for a quick late lunch because I read on TA they have gluten free options. Ambiance reminds me of a cafe or deli. Waitress was very attentive. Huge gluten free menu, which I appreciated. I ordered the GF French Onion soup - it was okay..not bad, but not wonderful. Wanted to buy one of their GF rolls, but was told it was like cornbread so passed. Hubby ordered a sausage soup (very bland) and something else that he said was okay. It worked for what we needed, but probably wouldn't go out of our way to stop back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dayton, Ohio
“Nice Bistro, nice selection”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We went to eat Mediterranean at Jaffa Grill but the salad looked yummy so we ordered one of those. Ordered the Mediterranean chicken salad in the larger size. It was a decent size salad with a great dressing but definitely not worth $18 with one chicken breast, lettuce and some vegetables.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“The Cafe Section is lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

A friend and I went to get Middle Eastern food and ate in the Café portion of the restaurant. We found the food to be very good (not superior). One of us got a Shwarma plate, the other Kabobs. Both were very tasty and the portions were quite fair. The only "criticism" is that the small café section is quite small. Stick to the sit down restaurant area if you want to have any kind of intimate conversation or privacy.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Cute Bistro, Average Food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Maybe I ordered wrong, maybe I was full after a long day of wine tasting, or maybe my beef bourguignon is better? Tender beef, but lack luster taste. Maybe missing the red wine in the cooking process? Were the pearl onions frozen? Bacon was not cooked before it went into the pot so it remained flimsy. Missing the richness I expect from beef bourguignon. Server asked us if we wanted bread twice but never brought it to us, granted the place was packed. Husband ordered a filet medium rare but got it medium well. Good flavor in the beef just over done. I search for restaurants with food I cant cook at home. This wasn't anything I cant do in my own kitchen. I will say that the lavender sorbet was fantastic!

Visited February 2014