“Best wines in Paso but no longer charming” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 138 Activities in Paso Robles
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
Los Angeles, California
13 attraction reviews
“Best wines in Paso but no longer charming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place has the best wines in all of Paso, but ever since they expanded their tasting room it feels too corporate. It's no longer as fun to visit, so I'll keep up my wine club membership but will skip the in person tastings.

Visited November 2012

Tampa, Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Good wines but not my favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Opinion on wine is very subjective because it depends on your taste. This was my first time trying wines from the Rhone region (Grenache, Mourvèdre grapes) so I was not used to the taste.
The person doing the tasting was very knowledable and explain a lot to us about the wines and the vineyard, however I was not impressed by the wine. I thought maybe I did not like these grapes as much but then I taste the wines from Villa's Creek and loved them.

The tasting room is beautiful and the vineyard has some wonderful views. The price for a tasting is reasonable. They have easily accesible bathrooms and water for the guest. I would not put this vineyard at the top of my list in Paso, but again this depends on your taste in wines.

Visited March 2013
Santa Clarita, California
22 attraction reviews
“Good white wines, slightly overpriced, good tasting area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Enjoyed coming here in Sept-brought food and enjoyed their beautiful picnic area. We had bought a few wines, and the host brought one out in an ice bucket to our picnic table. Nice touch! This is THE PLACE for good whites in Paso. They are slightly over priced for whites, but have a marvelous taste-just go for it and enjoy!

Visited September 2012
Houston, TX
13 attraction reviews
“Great wines!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The wines were really amazing (I even joined the wine club!), and Joelle of Tablas was wonderful. Truly made my visit special! Would definitely return if in the area again.

Visited February 2013
Felton, California
228 attraction reviews
“Nice Tasting Room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Nice tasting room but overcrowded and overrated. Didnt care for their wines (but that is a matter of taste, of course). Kinda on the haughty side. Fine for some folks, I guess.

Visited February 2013