“Absolutely First Class” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Canyon Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paso Robles
The Canyon Villa
1455 Kiler Canyon Road, Paso Robles, CA 93446   |
Ranked #4 of 31 Paso Robles B&B and Inns
“Absolutely First Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

Diane and Jim, the owners/managers of The Canyon Villa B&B, created an amazing retreat for those looking for a relaxing stay in Paso wine country.

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit there. The food was amazing and the hospitality was delightful. From the freshly-brewed coffee and gourmet breakfast that start your day to the Canyon Villa robes and the turn-down service at day's end; every detail was well thought out and perfectly executed.

We would highly recommend The Canyon Villa to anyone looking for affordable, first class accommodations in Paso Robles.

Nice work Jim and Diane!

The Davenports
Orange County, CA

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

The Canyon Villa was a great place to stay while seeing some of the most beautiful scenery our country has to offer. We felt very welcome in this B & B, which feels like a part of Italy nestled into a quiet hillside. The oceanside was amazing, many wineries were within a short drive and the famous Hearst Castle was just awe inspiring. We have plans to visit again soon.

• Stayed November 2004
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2005

Based on the reports here, I was considering a stay at the Canyon Villa and emailed them to ask about accessibility for mobility-impaired guests. No response. I emailed again. No response again. Finally I called and spoke to Diane.

She started by explaining that they were not required to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Not my question. I wanted to know if the villla property had lots of stairs because I use a little electric scooter to get around large facilities. She said I couldn't use the scooter indoors because it would soil the rugs. I pointed out no more so than a pair of shoes. She said the scooter wouldn't fit through the room door. The scooter is 17 inches wide. And on and on the conversation went...

When I told her I was sensing a disinclination to work with disabled guests, she said, "Oh, not at all." Methinks she doth protest too much.

The folks at Le Domaine at Moss Ridge were quite pleasant in answering my questions. I'm taking my business there.

Stayed July 2005
, Owner/Innkeeper at The Canyon Villa, responded to this review, July 27, 2005
I’d like to set the facts straight regarding my phone conversation with this reviewer. The reviewer has never stayed at the Canyon Villa. Had they been a guest here they would have received the same warm reception that all of our guests do. Regarding the accusation that emails were not responded to, this is also incorrect, email replies were sent within 24 hours of receipt. In the emails we stated that we have limited handicap accessibility.

During the brief phone conversation I tried to determine the caller’s needs with regard to their undescribed disability. We are always concerned with our guests comfort and safety, therefore, it was important to understand the caller’s requirements. I did not indicate that the caller’s scooter could not be used indoors, but did express concern about it being driven in the guest room. Once it was clear that a first floor room was needed I offered twice to check our room availability. The caller had no dates in mind, only stating “we’re flexible”.

Finally, we currently have disabled guests staying at our property. They have been quite pleased with the accommodations and our ability to meet their needs. We are not hostile and certainly would never discriminate for any reason.

Ephrata, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2005

Our stay at the Canyon Villa provided a pleasant retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Be prepared to be removed from the 'electronic world' as there are no TVs in the room to provide distraction to you or the other guests of the inn. Your hosts provide evening hors d'oeuvres and a sampling of local wines. While enjoying these, be certain to sit outside and enjoy the wildlife (deer, goldfinches, hummingbirds to name a few).

The linens and bedding are ultra luxurious. The bathroom does not disappoint. There was no expense spared in crafting this B&B.

The breakfasts are not to be missed! We were treated to Huevos Rancheros and an Artichoke, Italian Sausage and Leek Quiche. They were both scrumptious.

The inn is centrally located to all the region's wineries and don't forget to visit Willow Creek Olive Ranch. We loved visiting this small family run operation and tasting the olive oils.

The innkeepers were extremely welcoming and ready to accommodate your every need.

I'd rate this as a 'must stay' if you're visiting Paso Robles!

• Stayed May 2005
Dana Point, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2005

We live in Southern California, and after 23 years of making the long drive to Napa/Sonoma for wine vacations, we decided to see whether we could find some good wines in the central coast area of Paso Robles. We were happy to discover excellent wines at affordable pricing, and at wineries where the wine maker was not only generous with his tastings but generous with his time (if you go, don't miss - L'Adventure Winery).

Our other happy discovery was The Canyon Villa B&B, which was built only a year ago, and sits atop a gentle hill overlooking the vineyards. We have been to Italy many times, and spent most of our time in Tuscany,
so finding all the beauty and peacefulness of a Tuscan villa without the long plane ride was true perfection. The home was built to allow guests the luxury of occupying half of the house, complete with four generous suites, a living room and dining room, while the owners live in the other end. Each guest room is elegantly decorated, beds are dreamy, with a private patio, fireplace, luxurious robes, towels, and a spa tub.

With all those great incentives to make a return trip, the reason we will certainly go back would have to be because of our hostess, Diane Babcock. I have never met anyone more perfect for this very demanding job. Beginning with her efficient and informative reservation process, to her excellent recommendations and restaurant bookings on our behalf, and finally her gracious, warm reception on arrival, she is definitely the reason to visit The Canyon Villa.

Each morning, per our time request, Diane served THE most amazing breakfasts, and each day seemed to surpass the previous morning, but left us unable to choose a favorite. Each evening Diane greeted us from our travels with wonderful local wines and appetizers that made us want to cancel our dinner reservations and just enjoy our conversations with her, while watching the sunset over the vineyards in her backyard by the Tuscan fountain (where deer came to drink in the evenings).

Intimate, romantic, less than ten minutes from all the restaurants and wineries - we may never make the long trip to Napa again - Paso Robles and The Canyon Villa won our hearts and we will return !

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2005

My wife and I just spent 3 great days at this wonderful B&B. Our innkeeper Diane was fabulous. Her breakfasts and afternoon snacks are better than most of the restaurants. Laying on the bed in our room you look out on vineyards and gorgeous countryside. The inn resembles an Italian Villa inside and out. Guests have there own entrance open 24x7. The trips to wineries were fun. Thouhg my wife says I was "overserved". If you want a peaceful place to relax and see the area, this is it.

• Stayed April 2005

Been to The Canyon Villa? Share your experiences!