“Paso Robles' Best Kept Secret?” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Villa Creek Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 156 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Californian
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 12th and Pine
Description: Working with local farmers since 1998. Villa Creek's Chef Tom Fundaro prepares local, organically or sustainably farmed products in rustic preparations. A local and international compilation of wines and a premium bar selection complement the fresh inspiring cuisine. "It seems that practically everyone visiting Paso Robles wine country passes through Villa Creek. That's easy to understand, because this winemaker hangout serves up youthful energy, satisfying food and an exciting wine list with excellent prices." Wine Spectator.
NY NY
“Paso Robles' Best Kept Secret?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was one of the THE BEST meals I have ever put in my mouth.

After a long drive down from Carmel earlier that day, and some wine tasting, we wandered into Villa Creek on a recent Saturday night, no reservation. We were offered a table on the back patio.I thought to myself "this must be where they stick the poor dinner planners". I was beyond pleasantly surprised. My friend and I were seated at a table for two, next to a water feature, and a heat lamp. Blooming jasmine covered the wooden fence which served as the back wall of the patio. The wait staff were very helpful and attentive.

We ordered some divine sounding apps. I had planned on the Bolognese risotto when my friend said she was ordering the oil poached tuna with linguini, chili flakes, golden raisins, and pine nuts. I decided to give it a try. You should too! Sadly, we did not have room for dessert.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Farmington, Connecticut
“Beautiful, Fresh, Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I read a few of the other reviews and understand everyone's point of view. (although I don't to the thinking that "local" and "organic" is a bad thing!) While the food here can sometimes be uneven: one dish is so-so but the next one soars, we appreciate the interesting and sometimes quirky ingredients and presentation. We also think Villa Creek is one of the very best places to eat in Paso Robles and that the Tripadvisor ratings do not reflect this.
We had the good fortune to eat here with a fairly large group who ordered lots of different things so we all cross-tasted and compared and liked some things and felt ambivalent about some things and were "over the moon" with others. (hence my comment on unevenness) The experience was so good overall that the group chose to eat at Villa Creek a second time. We are all foodies so that reflected our confidence in expecting an enjoyable evening.
The wine list is great but choosing between them can be hard. The Villa Creek Winery wines are really delicious and "go down" quite quite well. Especially with food.
My biggest conundrum is the pronunciation! In a town where the Spanish is NOT pronounced: Passo Row-bulls, Villa Creek adheres to the Spanish pronunciation: Vee-yah Creek!
Gotta love it!
Oh, and for a person who NEVER eats dessert, I would eat that "huckleberry thing" any time, any place, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Really.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
REDONDO BEACH, CA
“ALL SHOW, NO GO”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Villa Creek has a limited menu with too much emphasis on organic. Our server didn't know about the menu but made what seemed to be off the cuff recommendations. I had the salmon which was tasteless and mushy. Pricey and not worth it. Definitely would not recommend.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Paso Robles, California, United States
“AWESOMENESS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Great service, great food. Taco Tuesday a favorite. Chef Fundaro is always creating fun and different dishes. Wine selection is excellent. Jose and Ethan always take great care of us.

Visited May 2013
Thousand Oaks, California, Usa
“Pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This upscale restaurant has a warm interior with high ceilings and nice wall hangings. It makes for a romantic setting. The food was excellent. I had the mushroom bolognese pasta which was superb. My husband had the tuna pasta which had a bit of spice. Both dishes exceeded our expectations. For dessert we shared a wonderful bread pudding with blood orange sherbet. We highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the area.

Visited May 2013